Resolved "Unable to initialize Steam API" EPIC store. (singleplayer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.5.5.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Ok guess I've solved the issue! At least, found a temporary solution until they will fix it.
What I did - I've found pirate torrent for 1.5.6, downloaded only steam_api64.dll file (there's no need to download all 40gb torrents, only this 600kb file) - renamed the original file to another name (just in case), copied the pirate steam_api64.dll file to the game folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Chickadee\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client ) and the game started! :grin:

I'm not sure if it's eligible to share the pirate .dll files here (I'm pretty sure that it's not) but I've placed it here for 7 days:

I just installed it and game is running! :grin: thank you! Happy new year my friend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guess I've solved the issue! At least, found a temporary solution until they will fix it.
What I did - I've found pirate torrent for 1.5.6, downloaded only steam_api64.dll file (there's no need to download all 40gb torrents, only this 600kb file) - renamed the original file to another name (just in case), copied the pirate steam_api64.dll file to the game folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Chickadee\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client ) and the game started! :grin:
Oh it works, thanks mate.

I am not a bot it just worked for me, file passed from my scans and game opened up that's all I am saying. Be responsible and do not download if you do not trust
" Today at 3:34 PM "
just like all the other "users"
and just like the guy that posted the link.

the file didn't passed ****, its a virus.
i already shared the virus total link.

edit : its
Joined Today at 3:34 PM
my bad.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if it's eligible to share the pirate .dll files here (I'm pretty sure that it's not) but I've placed it here for 7 days:
İşte cesaret, işte feraset,işte fazilet, işte fedakarlık, işte mertlik, işte adam gibi adamlık. Thank you.

dude I recently bought the game never had a problem and needed to enter the forums before. So yes I created my account right after I got the update and it crashed woo hooo big surprise. Say its a virus and warn people that's a responsible thing to do but calling out people bots is non-sense. I had not came up with that solution nor I know anyone here but if I was gonna put virus on people's computers I would not have done it here, where only a handful of people visit

dude I recently bought the game never had a problem and needed to enter the forums before. So yes I created my account right after I got the update and it crashed woo hooo big surprise. Say its a virus and warn people that's a responsible thing to do but calling out people bots is non-sense. I had not came up with that solution nor I know anyone here but if I was gonna put virus on people's computers I would not have done it here, where only a handful of people visit

you joined today, downloaded a virus and said its fine.
its a bit suspicious wouldn't you say?

so you say I saw that the game crashes and thought to myself wow this is a great opportunity for me to put virus on people's computers. Then with my super coding skills I coded a virus. But not a regular virus. I coded a file which fixes the crash and is a virus at the same time. Then I created fresh accounts. Uploaded the file and shared the link. Commented on my own post and said everything is fine. Just so I can put virus in a few casual gamers computers until talewords launches a hotfix.

so you say I saw that the game crashes and thought to myself wow this is a great opportunity for me to put virus on people's computers. Then with my super coding skills I coded a virus. But not a regular virus. I coded a file which fixes the crash and is a virus at the same time. Then I created fresh accounts. Uploaded the file and shared the link. Commented on my own post and said everything is fine. Just so I can put virus in a few casual gamers computers until talewords launches a hotfix.
Or maybe I hacked the talewords server and corrupted the files so people can download my virus? Maybe this was a pretty long term evil plan of mine? Who knows?

Guys, take it somewhere else.. This thread was created to report an issue, not for people to flame each other back and forth.

you are starting to talk none sense.
i said its suspicious.

you are so butthurt.
nerdy fatass, " Thank you for saving my new year plans "
i mean, how sad is that?

no wonder that you dont have friends...

+1 to the issue.
Whilst the 'workaround' may indeed resolve the issue, I don't feel comfortable with using this unknown file but kudos for your investigative skills. :smile:
At least the devs should be able to fix this issue quickly if it's only 1 dll

Same issue here after today's patch, simply commenting to get more attention. Worked yesterday and now I'm getting the Steam API error. I'm launching from Epic Game Store.
Laptop Specs
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
16.0 GB RAM
1 TB M.2 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

you are starting to talk none sense.
i said its suspicious.

you are so butthurt.
nerdy fatass, " Thank you for saving my new year plans "
i mean, how sad is that?

no wonder that you dont have friends...
Dude, I honestly warned ppl several times that this workaround comes with pirate .dll file so they could use it for their own risk (or not)
And if you've read your own VirusTotal report you can see that only 7 of 36 antiviruses says that this file is somehow suspicious and it's using some hack tool (and this is really reasonable because it is literally a hack of steam engine). And Avast, Kaspersky and many other well known antiviruses just don't detect anything suspicious while Alibaba (do they make antiviruses now?? rly??) and few others detect it as a hack tool.
It's cool that you are warning ppl about your suspicions even if I told myself many times that this temporary solution is not much eligible, but no need to be so toxic.

[QUOTE = "R1919, gönderi: 9610646, üye: 569721"]
Tamam sanırım sorunu çözdüm! En azından onlar düzeltene kadar geçici bir çözüm buldular.
Yaptığım şey - 1.5.6 için korsan torrent buldum, sadece steam_api64.dll dosyasını indirdim (tüm 40gb torrentleri indirmeye gerek yok, sadece bu 600kb dosyası) - orijinal dosyayı başka bir adla yeniden adlandırdım (her ihtimale karşı), korsan steam_api64.dll dosyasını oyun klasörüne kopyaladı (örneğin, C: \ Program Files \ Epic Games \ Chickadee \ bin \ Win64_Shipping_Client) ve oyun başladı! :sırıtış:

Korsan .dll dosyalarını burada paylaşmaya uygun olup olmadığından emin değilim (olmadığından oldukça eminim) ama 7 günlüğüne buraya yerleştirdim:
[/ALINTI]
Helal sabahtan beri uğraşıyorum bütün sayfalara yazdım adam çözümü bulmuş teşekkürler dostum kralsın senin isminde yeni karakter açıyorum: D

Back
Top Bottom