Resolved "Unable to initialize Steam API" EPIC store. (singleplayer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.5.5.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Same problem. I bougth it via Epic Store about 2 hours ago and I can not play. Game version is e1.5.5.253011. I click on Play button (game mode doesn't matter single or multiplayer) and get the error message: Unable to initialize Steam API.

Oyunu Epic Games den aldım. Bu sabah saat 12 civarlarında güncelleme geldiğini gördüm. Güncellemeyi yaptıktan sonra oyuna girmeyi denedim ve şu hatayı aldım [unable to initialize Steam API. Paranla rezil oluyorsun ne güzel!!!

yeah, as I already wrote in the other topic on this issue - same here
and I really doubt that they will fix it today in 12/31 lol

Same problem. I bougth it via Epic Store about 2 hours ago and I can not play. Game version is e1.5.5.253011. I click on Play button (game mode doesn't matter single or multiplayer) and get the error message: Unable to initialize Steam API.

Ok guess I've solved the issue! At least, found a temporary solution until they will fix it.
What I did - I've found pirate torrent for 1.5.6, downloaded only steam_api64.dll file (there's no need to download all 40gb torrents, only this 600kb file) - renamed the original file to another name (just in case), copied the pirate steam_api64.dll file to the game folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Chickadee\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client ) and the game started! :grin:

Ok guess I've solved the issue! At least, found a temporary solution until they will fix it.
What I did - I've found pirate torrent for 1.5.6, downloaded only steam_api64.dll file (there's no need to download all 40gb torrents, only this 600kb file) - renamed the original file to another name (just in case), copied the pirate steam_api64.dll file to the game folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Chickadee\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client ) and the game started! :grin:

Ok, I'm not sure if it's eligible to share the pirate .dll files here (I'm pretty sure that it's not) but I've placed it here for 7 days:

Last edited by a moderator:
same here. Was playing fine last night and as of this update I get the whitescreen issue. They have a problem I think with the steam api being needed for EPIC owners which should not be the case. Let's get a patch quick! I'm not re-buying this on steam just so i can play it. I paid already. Either get me a patch or give me back my money (I love this gam - I'd prefer the patch!) -.-

same here. Was playing fine last night and as of this update I get the whitescreen issue. They have a problem I think with the steam api being needed for EPIC owners which should not be the case. Let's get a patch quick! I'm not re-buying this on steam just so i can play it. I paid already. Either get me a patch or give me back my money (I love this gam - I'd prefer the patch!) -.-
yes.......

worked, thank you

Jogo comprado na e-pic tem que crackear tbm pra jogar ?? Kkkkkkk mesmo problema aqui, já não posso iniciar o jogo sem ter conexão com a internet pq tem que inicializar a epic e agr tenho que crackear tbm? Acho que vou baixar a versão pirata do jogo mesmo que é melhor então

worked for me too at first I was not sure to download an unknown .dll file but I scanned it and it looks good. I was able to open up my save. Thank you for saving my new year plans

I'm not sure if it's eligible to share the pirate .dll files here (I'm pretty sure that it's not) but I've placed it here for 7 days:

Makes me a bit nervous to go that route but if they don't have a solution by the time I'm done re-installing I may take you up on that if the link is still around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom