Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Alphα

Section Moderator
Summary: As heroes can die I tried to have some childs. Unfortunately my Wife don't seems to get pregnant. I precise that AI succesfully make babies (visible in logs). Wife name: "Liena" Age 32 -> 38.

What I've tried so far:
  • Staying in the same settlement (Wife as gouvenor) during a month
  • Travelling with my Wife inside the party during few months
  • Staying in the same settlement with my wife inside the party during a month
  • Enable the cheat code "campaign.conceive.child" -> well displayed the notification in the logs but the baby never born (waited a year).

GPU: GTX 1070
CPU: i7 7700k
RAM: 32GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

I've had/have the similar issue with 1.54 and previous.

Have you tried checking if you or the wife is infertile? that can happend I belive(I dont use the mod tools so I dont know how to check it).

The thing I've noticed though is the times I just cant her pregnant is this conditions ->
*Not compatible traits
*States in the dialouge not attracted to me

The times I've played and got the wife pregnant
*matching/similar traits
*do not have the line "not attracted".

With the same person different saves, Zlatka the wife.
In the first with matching traits, I've had 2 kids so far.
In the secondt with not matching(I have 0 traits) and she said she isnt attracted 2 yrs ingame and 0 kids so far.
Waited in towns, improved her relationship through the mini-games

Ideally they would remove any chance of infertilty though.
Also give us an option like in Viking Conquest where you can "set up a date" so to speak where it end with hanky panky and a kid down the line.

Pretty sure in such similar times here if a woman didnt produce a kid within 2 yrs of marriage, she'd not have much time left on the planet to put it mildly.

Can you upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.
I'm assuming you mean the original poster of this topic correct?

Ideally a "fix" that cant be that hard to implement from Taleworlds part is to have a dialouge option with the wife, like you had in Viking Conquest.
Even if the kids wasnt in the gameworld, she'd keep track etc, and it also meant that player was in full control of how many if any kids they got.

I feel with the current mortality system, that it should be a very very high chance to get child 1.
Then pr child after it would decline sharp, like 20-25% pr kid so you dont end up a horde of your own.

i think you both need 100% health while you're waiting in settlement. my first playthrough I was throwing my wife into a settlement as governor every time she got pregnant because i thought having her on the battlefield would make her miscarry, she seemed to get pregnant every time i entered the settlement

i think you both need 100% health while you're waiting in settlement. my first playthrough I was throwing my wife into a settlement as governor every time she got pregnant because i thought having her on the battlefield would make her miscarry, she seemed to get pregnant every time i entered the settlement
I wish it was that easy though.

I've had us both at 100% hp.
Stayed in same town for close to 1 week, played boardgame to raise relations aswell(although I dont think this have any impact at all, but who knows?)

I never really had this much of an issue before this patch tbh.

Generally speaking the other plays its been fertile.
Even when they say the line "I'm not attracted to you".
Never had this issue at all.

I've tried to verfiy localfiles all come back ok.
tried to now do 3 different plays in totalt.
1st it was fine, last 2 not so much.

Addendum.

I started a new play.
I'm now the current champion of the ring(Arena) so most npc's will know my character.

However I have hold of on my brothers quest -> the one to get your clan started.
So I'm roaming around with 19 units, since all other criteria is met.

I for the experiment and my "thesis" approached Zlatka yet again.
She didnt know of me.
She didnt do the line "I'm not attracted to you"
However when bartering with Fafen the leader of her clan for her hand -> I was alone in the barter menu.

Went to pick her up from her location.
Travelled from the town, picked up some goods, went to another town to sell it.
Thus waiting in Varnapol, and less than 24hrs in the town I got the message "pregnant".

My theory is this conditions ->
1. The brother wasnt in the bartermenu
2. She didnt say the line "I'm not attracted to you".

Both criteria I've had in previous patches but in this it just dont work for me.

I'd really love to see the brother bug/feature pop-up in the menu when bartering being removed/looked at.

Overall if the culprit is the line "I'm not attracted to you" you may want to rethink it, so that players dont end up kidless(given that women have very small chances of getting pregnant after 35 ingame.)

Addendum.

I started a new play.
I'm now the current champion of the ring(Arena) so most npc's will know my character.

However I have hold of on my brothers quest -> the one to get your clan started.
So I'm roaming around with 19 units, since all other criteria is met.

I for the experiment and my "thesis" approached Zlatka yet again.
She didnt know of me.
She didnt do the line "I'm not attracted to you"
However when bartering with Fafen the leader of her clan for her hand -> I was alone in the barter menu.

Went to pick her up from her location.
Travelled from the town, picked up some goods, went to another town to sell it.
Thus waiting in Varnapol, and less than 24hrs in the town I got the message "pregnant".

My theory is this conditions ->
1. The brother wasnt in the bartermenu
2. She didnt say the line "I'm not attracted to you".

Both criteria I've had in previous patches but in this it just dont work for me.

I'd really love to see the brother bug/feature pop-up in the menu when bartering being removed/looked at.

Overall if the culprit is the line "I'm not attracted to you" you may want to rethink it, so that players dont end up kidless(given that women have very small chances of getting pregnant after 35 ingame.)

I've now played abit more -> and have now gotten the wife pregnant again.

So now it do work as intended.
I still think the 2 previous conditions or both are reason for this to trigger, specially the part of the brother being part of the trade.

I have a game since like 1.5.2 and around day 1200, been married for several in-game years and never a child yet and in my 40's. I'm getting concerned lol. Wife is Sora from Northern Empire and they have like 24 relation with me and started bringing them on my campaigns since staying in my castle for a week or 2 was quite boring lol

I have this issue as well, and in every game I've had this issue, I noticed the brother is in the marriage barter window as well.
I'll try a new game since I saved at the start, and I won't pick up the brother until I get married to confirm this.
(Side note I couldn't marry him off either, before or after getting married. I think the brother breaks pregnancy)

I have this issue as well, and in every game I've had this issue, I noticed the brother is in the marriage barter window as well.
I'll try a new game since I saved at the start, and I won't pick up the brother until I get married to confirm this.
(Side note I couldn't marry him off either, before or after getting married. I think the brother breaks pregnancy)
Yah, when I hold of getting the brother back and pick up the wife first -> now en route to have the 3rd child.
Tried another, but this time I did the "normal" way as in getting brother, he shows up in the barter and well so far 0 kids.

So for some reason this seems to be some kind of issue.
While its nice that its forwarded to Q&A, they may look into this and try to see if they can replicate the error on their end aswell.

The QA team could not find an issue with the save file. The developers will check the conditions, in the meantime, could you try taking over a settlement and wait there to see if the spouse will get pregnant?
Done.
Sadly I think that the last save I have is when I used cheat codes to kill my wife and forced the game to marry with another one ?
Still unable to have a child though.

The developers checked the conditions and stats, they couldn't find an issue. The QA team still can't reproduce the issue, the spouse gets pregnant. Can you try taking over a settlement and wait there one more time? Or, if you started your campaign before the recent patches, can you try it on a new campaign?

Back
Top Bottom