Resolved Unable to exit dialogue with another NPC

Users who are viewing this thread

graspberry

Recruit
Summary: I successfully convinced another lord to join my kingdom as a vassal after he was about to attack me. After I exited that dialogue, I got trapped in an infinite dialogue loop where the other lord states "Your highness... I think you luck has run out". This continues over and over again. Sometimes I am able to exit the dialogue loop, but after I try to move anywhere on the map, he talks to me again with the same dialogue.
How to Reproduce: Recruit an NPC to join you as a vassal after they were about to attack you. I had negative influence at the time, which may be a factor but I'm not sure.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Most likely unimportant but the NPC I talked to was Munim
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.0.9 and 1.0.8
Computer Specs: Unsure, I'm currently streaming the game on GeForce Now
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Unsure, I'm currently streaming the game on GeForce Now

EDIT: I was browsing the bug thread on Steam and noticed two other people has similar issues.

It appears that this bug has more to do with convincing NPCs to join your side as a vassal after the initial dialogue where they are about to attack you. I have updated the summary/how to reproduce to better describe the situation.

Last edited:
Same issue here in beta 1.3.0 version. This bug is quite annyoing actually as the only solution which I found was to declare war on them and attacking...

I have had this happen several times. When he talks to you remove him from your service and than talk to him again and rehire him.

I also ran I to a similar issue while sieging a city. I converted an enemy vassal that was attacking me. After I got back to the campaign map the siege was still going on but there was no menu to continue the siege, end the siege, or attack. I could not build anymore siege equipment, move, or end the siege and had to dismiss my army so that the enemy would attack me so I could move again.

I can upload the save if anyone cares to take a look.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom