Resolved Resource Browser Unable to Edit "Protected" Animations Using Resource Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was advised to ask this question here:

I'm trying to use the Resource Editor in Bannerlord's Modding Tools to edit animations. So far, every attempt has failed and produced the error message "Unable to save animation clip package [ANIMATION NAME]: Package is protected. Protected items cannot be modified."

Is this a bug? Can animations in fact be edited using the resource editor? If so, how?

(Some specs, in case they're relevant:
Windows 10,
Intel HD Graphics 620 (v2420.100.6286),
Intel Core i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz,
Acer Ironman_SK)

It is not a bug. You can use the override functionality to change an animation clip in the base game. To create an override in your module, press right click to empty space inside your module root or any child folder, choose 'Create Override', then 'Animation Clip'. You will enter the animation clip that you want to override. After that the overridden clip will be created in your module folder so that you can change any values inside that clip.

I must not be in the right place: right-clicking here (or in any of the folders shown) gives me only the option "Show in explorer" - nothing about creating overrides.

show-in-folder.png

That folder is in the "Native" module. First, you need a module parent folder on your own, inside the Modules folder. Than you need specific folders inside that parent folder. If you have never done these, you can do it in the Windows explorer or if you have never created a new module, you can simply use the "Create New Module" button inside the File menu in the modding tool kit, it will create the necessary folders. Once all these are done and you re-open the game, you will see your own folders inside the resource browser and you will be able to do the operation I mentioned before. For more information on modules and folders of the mods, you can read the following docs page: http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/asset-management/quickguide_create_a_mod/

Back
Top Bottom