Unable To Connect To Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Mordgrim

Knight
Fixed it by doing this: "Hi,i had one rgl_config in C:/users/my profile/appdata and one in C:users/my profile/documents/mount and blade warband
When i changed only one Use_secure_connection = 1 to Use_secure_connection = 0  i still get unable to connect to server error, but when i changed both of them, it was ok. Thats my solution.
I hope it helps :smile:"

Corran

Veteran
Thanks a lot man!

Of course i've gone through all the trouble with reinstalling and every little other s*it before I've read this. xD

Meevar the Mighty

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Prade said:
Fixed it, seems i have 2 files rgl.config.txt i modified the one in

C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\Mount&Blade Warband

It didn't work, but the other one is at

C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband

And this time it works!

Thanks!

Actually Skotak said the same thing, but I didn't read it properly because his filepaths were close together (so thanks to him too).

For Win7 users, these are the paths:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband

Bizzare that both my WFaS and my brother's Warband on the same connection were working, but my problem's resolved.  :smile:

IsoA

Recruit
WB
I'm struck with this same bug, unable to connect to server. I changed the two files (use_secure_connection) on the two location, the result is that I can connect but I'm thrown out of the server in 2 seconds after arriving. I lowered the graphics as suggested in the link above but no avail, still crashing. Any ideas? Yes I have the latest patch.

hidude123

Master Knight
WB
one thing that might work try adding severs to your favs then trying to connect to the severs that way worked for me so i hope it works for you

DaddyDeath

Recruit

Bizzare that both my WFaS and my brother's Warband on the same connection were working, but my problem's resolved.  :smile:

thank you took 2 days but it I finally found the solution thanks to u

Ezekil1493

Recruit
WB
IsoA said:
I'm struck with this same bug, unable to connect to server. I changed the two files (use_secure_connection) on the two location, the result is that I can connect but I'm thrown out of the server in 2 seconds after arriving. I lowered the graphics as suggested in the link above but no avail, still crashing. Any ideas? Yes I have the latest patch.

I have the same issue as well, Puting both files in the correct spots only made me stay in the server for an extra 2 minutes. Also I even added servers to my Favorites, and tried joining that way, and still was kicked from it saying "Connection to server lost"......

Astyanaxx

Recruit
Hi everyone,

I just purchased M&B Warband on steam and when i tried to connect to one of the server i got the "unable to connect to server" just after the "validating cd-key" message at the top left of the screen.
Thing is, the game didn't even ask for a cd-key yet. Am i missing something ?

trenchlocked

Recruit
M&BWB
I've had this problem for sometime now and you good people of the forum have helped me greatly with this solution.
Just thought I'd voice my thanks :grin: keep on doin what your doin.

Vuffeh

Sergeant
I have tryed all the solutions, but i still get "You have been kicked" message and that's on every server.
I have windows 7.

SnakyCake

Recruit
admins or who ever is listening who knows what they are on about hear my plea for help
i bought this game like 3-4months back
WHY DOZNT MULTIPLAYER WORK ON WARBAND!!!! UNABLE TO CONNECT
i find servers i can favorite them if i wish i can do ANYTHING BUT PLAY on multiplayer and my gosh you do get sick of singleplayer
eventually
i bought fire and sword and thats nowhere near as good as this one
PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!

Barnsey

Recruit
I bought warband but got so fed up of singleplayer I uninstalled it. But i'm downloading it again now and multiplayer better work!! I will do everything everybody posted here and dear god i hope it works because multiplayer just looks puer awesomeness.

Fehnor

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Barnsey said:
I bought warband but got so fed up of singleplayer I uninstalled it. But i'm downloading it again now and multiplayer better work!! I will do everything everybody posted here and dear god i hope it works because multiplayer just looks puer awesomeness.

I want a frickin cheeseburger.

gallogian3

Recruit
Fehnor said:
Barnsey said:

I want a frickin cheeseburger.
I want to play M&B Warband multiplayer! :sad:

Temuçin

Knight at Arms
Meevar the Mighty said:

There is no config file in Roaming path ? Any idea ?

Top Bottom