Unable To Connect To Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Kocken said:
I am also getting th "Unable to connect to server" message, it was not there just a few hours ago and I have never had any similar problem before.
Same here. Maybe they are fixing the armor bug? I remember one of the devs saying it would be a server problem.

I've got this too now. Only started after the game went version .800+ for me though. Before I only had the "Incorrect authentication key" at times, but now I'm getting "Unable to connect to server" over and over. Sometimes even as soon as I hit "Start Search", and the buttons in the server browser turn unresponsive for a few seconds... Perhaps there is a problem with the new UI overhaul?

UPDATE: And now it works again. Heh. Seems to happen at seemingly random occasions. I also noticed that while I had the bug, servers weren't showing as many players as they actually had.

I have a similar problem, maybe not really similar, but I lose connection 10 seconds after joining any server, and today when I tried I also strangely got the"Incorrect authentication Key" error, although that only happened once and didn't show up again. Hopefully these server problems can be fixed soon, I'd hate to buy this game and not be able to play multiplayer.

Many thanks to Alec{zacool},  with your advice at least 10 of warband players in China now get in the server!

It looks the new velidating serial number need https protocol in default.  but for some reason it can not work in their PC.

Actually the file is in this place if you use WinXP:
C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\Mount&Blade Warband\rgl_config.txt

Reviving this thread. I just started getting this problem tonight after having played M&B for like 2 weeks. It's a legit copy DL'd from steam and I was playing like an hour or 2 before now without any problems. Just started it up and now I can't connect to any servers. It freezes up for a while then says "Unable to connect to server."

Having the same problem, bought the game today as a CD. Whenever I go onto the server lists it just says cant connect etc. Hopefully its a big problem and they'll fix it.

Exactly the same problem, I expierenced it even from beta version 0.7+ - that tone of patches what did come don't fixed it. I'm having this problem for atleast 2-3 months if I remember correctly.

I just bought the steam version of warband and now I have this same exact issue. It attempts to validate serial number, and then it just says unable to connect. It worked when I played in the beta several months back. This is frustrating. I also tried the fix about for switching secure from 1 to 0 with no change. Any ideas?

I'm having this problem on 1.131. I uninstalled the game from Steam and downloaded in again from Taleworlds (I hate steam  :evil:). I entered the key fine but I coulden't connect to any servers. Would be nice if this could be solved for all the other people this is happening to.

I too am having this issue with trying to register my key....

I have a perfect internet connection and have let the game through my firewall.

I still get the "Unable to connect to activation server" message.....

When I attempt to do it manually, the page says "OOPS, an internal error has occurred" after I enter the info...

What do I do? I really want to play this game!

I am experiencing the same activation issues as referenced by Indica and Nordman101 above - Please Help.

I just installed the game, entered the code and got "Unable to connect to server". Аnd I'm not the only one, so why not attempt to fix this?

Ok, having the same problems as everyone else. Bought the game at best buy today and am unable to activate the game with the server. Manual does not work either as it replies with an internal error.

This is quite annoying buying something that doesnt work. Any chance this will be fixed??

if they continue to remain silent and decide to not fix this, without somehow compensating us that's techncally a crime isn't it? I wonder if they know that.

I'm glad that I am not the only one having this problem....

Is there anyone here that can help all of us with this issue? Like, maybe turn the activation servers on... or fix them?

I can only play to lvl 8 so many times........

Indica

Back
Top Bottom