unable to connect to multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

americndream

Recruit
Game works great except when i try to join a multiplayer server. It says unable to connect on every server. I've tried all of the solutions given in other threads to no avail. Checked and rechecked correct version and im patched to 1.51. Not sure what the problem could be.

Are you sure that none of these things suggested worked?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225384.msg5412226.html#msg5412226

Hello Mahud thanks for taking time to respond to me. Yes I've tried all of those solutions. Re-entered key in registry even tho there was nothing wrong with it. I've also applied the patches I even went in and changed the 1 to a zero like in some of the really old responses. Still says unable to connect.

I'm having the same issue.  Reg edit is fine, serial keys are fine, restarted, verified download (from Steam), made test character...nothing works.

I just wanted to come in here and say that I'm having the same problem. 
Bought this game on Steam a few hours back and I can't connect to the multiplayer servers. I've tried everything listed before and even tried adding my keys to the Taleworlds website. 

From what I've played by making my own server with bots seem rather nice. Love playing as a Russian serf. Hopefully someone will work out the problem so I can test out the true game.

Consider yourself lucky that multiplayer loads at all. A slew of us can't get past the multiplayer loading screen.

Ya thanks White Savage I have tried that. Im pretty stumped on this one. It even says in the corner when i try to join a server "validating serial....." then it just says unable to connect. So I assume the problem isnt with my serial key. Seems to be something else causing the issue.

Yeah I also tried that before, WhiteSavage and it didn't help one bit sadly.
My problem is the exact same as americndream's. This happens on all the servers I've tried with the right module filter selected.

I am afraid that the only thing you can do now then is wait, wait until someone fixes the problem.
I hope that it wont take too long for you and the others having trouble.
But please keep in mind that the devs are doing their best to solve these problems as best as they can. (And catching some much needed sleep right now)

ok update. I have no idea why because i did it like ten times but this time i went back into rgl_config.txt and it had changed use_secure_connection back to a 1. So i changed it to zero again and this time for some reason it worked. So all i can say is if you are having the same issue just keep doing a search for rgl_config.txt and press control f then type in  use_secure_connection = 1. Change that 1 into a zero and save. I did that several times and it didnt work but this time it did for some reason.

americndream said:
ok update. I have no idea why because i did it like ten times but this time i went back into rgl_config.txt and it had changed use_secure_connection back to a 1. So i changed it to zero again and this time for some reason it worked. So all i can say is if you are having the same issue just keep doing a search for rgl_config.txt and press control f then type in  use_secure_connection = 1. Change that 1 into a zero and save. I did that several times and it didnt work but this time it did for some reason.

This worked for me as well, thanks!

are you using hexedits for your character names ? Please create a new character without any special letters and try again.

Nimueh said:
Okey everything seems to be fixed here is list of directions...

First

Download 1.5 patch for warband, and 10001 patch for NW

I spaced the httP:// because it wouldnt let me post. 

Zacros, To fix your game for now, you can use this incremental patch after you applied the patch to warband;
http://    dl.dropbox.com/u/11240073/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_upgrade_1000_to_1001.exe

Warband patch is here btw:
http://    download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_upgrade_1100_to_1150.exe (Patch)

Cheers.
_____
Next Missing dll wearband crash after 1.5 install
_____
Missing DLL called xinput3_1.dll pops up on crashing of warband after installing new pathc 1.5 and 1.5.1

Fixed this by downloaded and updating directX  http:  //pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=pcsupport&cdn=compute&tm=8&f=00&su=p504.6.342.ip_&tt=7&bt=1&bts=1&st=38&zu=http%3A//www.microsoft.com/download/en/search.aspx%3Fq%3Ddirectx

____
CD key error
____
Current fix for the CD Key...  "Either not being asked for it, or it labeling it wrong"" ect...  Unable to connect to servers due to invalid serial, or it will just not connect and not give you a specific reason...

Try this

Click Start>Run.
Type regedit
Browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -->Software -->MountAndBladeWarbandKeys
There should be a key called serial_key_nw, ensure the value is the same as your cd-key, four sets of four digits seperated by hashes, i.e. 1234-5678-9012-3456
If it isn't seperated correctly, right click the key name, click modify and type the correct value seperated correctly. My key had the right characters, but the dashes were misplaced and there were random spaces.
Then open the game and you can connect

This should be the fix to wall these issues... 

Which are now understood.  It was just the way the patches were released...  Kinda buggy, but identified.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom