Resolved Unable To Complete Main Quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I went the pro-empire route. I am on the stages "Arazagos' Conspiracy" (which is currently around 1000/2000) and "Unify the Empire". Both of these quests have a negative time limit of "-2147483648". I have had these quests for some time (it is day 1486). Upon capturing a settlement and only after it has been voted away, "Unify the Empire" passes and "Arazagos' Conspiracy" fails because of timeout. Then three empires declare war on me with a quest that has a "war progress" meter that ranges from -100 to 100 (I believe this only happens if you fail "Arazagos' Conspiracy" whereas I should pass it since the conspiracy never gets to 2000). All three of these quests have a negative time limit of "-91226" However, as soon as I hit play and a second of time passes in-game, all three faction quests fail from timeout preventing me from completing this.
Please help. I really do not want to start over completely as this took me a while to do.
How to Reproduce: Not sure exactly how my quests received a negative time limit.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No. I tried to use the console to force pass "Arazagos' Conspiracy" to see if that changes anything but you guys removed the commands related to quests it seems.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): Video on Vimeo
Computer Specs:
GPU: RX 5700XT THICC III ULTRA
GPU Driver Version: 21.4.1
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X (12 core)
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI B450M Bazooka
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD Toshiba HDWD120 (2 TB)

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I just uploaded it.

How old is your save file? What was the version you started the gameplay on?
I am sorry but this is something I do not know. Any way I can find out? I know you guys had a patch that was supposed to stop the negative quest time limit bug. I don't remember if this was before or after, but I definitely started this quest after. I have seen some mods that fix the issue by looking for a quest with a negative time limit and set their time to a positive number; however, these no longer work, unfortunately.

Also, I should mention that "Arazagos' Conspiracy" and "Unify the Empire" does not randomly complete after I capture a settlement as I have captured many with those quests, they are completing (failing and passing in that order) once I have captured the final settlement related to their quests. Just wanted to clear that up since I did not specify in the original post.

We fixed an issue with that but that fix only applies to the new games and your save file might be old enough to not get the fix for this. The issue here is intended, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom