Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

Users who are viewing this thread

StewVader

So if you review the statement put out by the developer Duh_TaleWorlds you will see that it does not actually include any mention of new content or features.

This is a list of things already in the game, which require fixing and balancing....there is no mention of any new features or content. I think if they had new content and features they were working on...they would have mentioned them here, but they did not.

Its reads like: "We are going to finish fixing the game you've already got."

I don't know what else you can take away from their statement and its massively disappointing.

I don't know what else you can take away from their statement and its massively disappointing.
What else did you expect?

PS
From the store:
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

What else did you expect?

I guess I expected a game with content and features more interesting and vastly superior to Warband and the best mods for Warband? I guess that basic expectation was way too much.

• Kingdom & Politics
    • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
    • Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
    • Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.
  • Character System
    • New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
  • Main Storyline Content
  • Execution Consequences
  • Map Conversation Improvements
  • Hideout Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Kingdom strengths
    • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
    • Economy
  • Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
  • Bug Fixes

Combat Missions

• Performance
    • AI performance optimizations
    • Formation system performance optimizations
    • Memory management improvements
  • AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
    • Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
    • Additional fixes on siege battles
    • Agent AI combat enhancements
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle System
  • Improvements to the Order User Interface
  • Cheering
  • Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene.
  • Better support for modders in the sound system.
  • Bug Fixes

Art
  • Updating existing and creating new scenes
  • Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
  • Adding new weapon parts for crafting
  • Creating new armor design concepts
  • Improving Animations
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • Conversation Animations Polish
  • Improving Game Menu Art
  • World Map Improvements

Engine

• Performance
    • Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
    • GPU optimizations for low end configs
    • Fixing spikes throughout the game
    • Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

Other
  • Refactoring some campaign related classes.
  • Savegame cleanup and improvements
  • Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.

All the bold looks like could contain possibly new additions to the game, to me.

I;m not sure what people are thinking when they think "new content," and I sure as hope not they think a "new content" would be something like the stuff Paradox adds on with each DLC to the core game, when the core game itself is not finished. Or, in this case, I hope people aren't expecting something like Warband or Viking Conquest, when the core M&B module itself isn't finished.

A roadmap lays out the planned schedule, and when a game is in early access... the priority is obviously finishing the core game.

Campaign
  • Character System
    • New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
  • Main Storyline Content
Combat Missions
  • AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
Art
  • Creating new armor design concepts
  • World Map Improvements
Engine
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

These look like new content to me. I suppose it depends on your definition of new content :smile:

@kweassa , man, ninjaed me good.

Eh isn't this because the features that were supposed to missing originally from early access ended up being in it anyway. I only recall a couple feature that were mentioned that would be missing and later add in when the alpha first launch: children/family and town management. Both of them ended up in the alpha anyway, although very barebone. So if by fixing they mean bringing those features to fully functional status, that's as good as new features anyway since currently they're nothing more than placeholder.

Inappropriate behavior
These look like new content to me. I suppose it depends on your definition of new content :smile:

@kweassa , man, ninjaed me good.

Where do you see new content? All of those things are already in the game. None of that is new. You are either trolling or -snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this game is a failure basically. I mean not financially, TW is laughing (at us, and in particular the "iT's EaRlY aCcEsS" brigade) all the way to the bank - but in every other way, it is massively underwhelming.

You've missed these notes...

Kingdom & Politics
  • Adding New Quests
  • Main Storyline Content
Art
  • Creating new armour design concepts

Where do you see new content? All of those things are already in the game. None of that is new. You are either trolling or -snip-

Uhm. Main storyline content is literally content so... Yeah?

To be honest, judging from your answer and your post history you sound like you are so upset with the game that I don't know that there is anything the developers could possibly do at this point to make you happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the bold looks like could contain possibly new additions to the game, to me.

I;m not sure what people are thinking when they think "new content," and I sure as hope not they think a "new content" would be something like the stuff Paradox adds on with each DLC to the core game, when the core game itself is not finished. Or, in this case, I hope people aren't expecting something like Warband or Viking Conquest, when the core M&B module itself isn't finished.

A roadmap lays out the planned schedule, and when a game is in early access... the priority is obviously finishing the core game.

Well I guess we disagree on what is considered new content. The things you've bolded are mostly in the game already, and changing what they currently do is fixing and balance - not something new. The game lacks any sort of complexity or depths. I hope my pessimism is misplaced and I hope i'm proven wrong, but it appears the game's content is essentially on our computers right now and only requires some fine tuning. (Not counting rebellions - which appears to be the only content not currently in the game, and mentioned in the EA disclaimer).

To be honest, judging from your answer and your post history you sound like you are so upset with the game that I don't know that there is anything the developers could possibly do at this point to make you happy.

I'm def. disappointed in the game. There is no doubt about that, I guess I was just expecting some fresh, and creative features, not something that is less interesting or expansive than some of the mods available for warband.

I think my expectations were too high for sure, but maybe yours are too low?

Well lets be honest, the combat and battles are really good. But besides that I think a lot of people with myself included expected them to take it to the "next level", even knowing there's obviously been some development problems.

From your quote, the only missing feature would be rebellions. Meaning, the game is essentially done.
Broken perks (50% of perks do nothing, many of them work wrong) , unfinished main quest, dumb AI (both battle and campaign map), vast amount of unimplemented features (rebellions, creating your own criminal gang), broken stats for children (both yours and lords), poor performance on some rigs (not toasters) by no means shows that the game is done.

Not complaining, but your statement sounds a bit strange, taking into account the mentioned above.

The main story line is already in the game. You can go down the main story line, you just can't complete it. So I guess if finishing the last leg of the main story line is what you consider new content.....good for you.

I didn't think that post was supposed to be a true roadmap of everything they're going to do up until launch. It seemed more like a list of their current and near-term priorities. Hopefully this is the stuff we'll see over the next couple months, with a lot more stuff to follow afterwards.

At least, I certainly hope its not the full extent of what they're planning for the entire EA. That would be very disappointing.

Broken perks (50% of perks do nothing, many of them work wrong) , unfinished main quest, dumb AI (both battle and campaign map), vast amount of unimplemented features (rebellions, creating your own criminal gang), broken stats for children (both yours and lords), poor performance on some rigs (not toasters) by no means shows that the game is done.

Not complaining, but your statement sounds a bit strange, taking into account the mentioned above.

perks are already in the game, the main quest is already in the game, the dumb ai is already in the game, children are already in the game etc etc - they just need to be fixed and balanced...its not new...... Am I taking crazy pills?

I'm def. disappointed in the game. There is no doubt about that, I guess I was just expecting some fresh, and creative features, not something that is less interesting or expansive than some of the mods available for warband.

I think my expectations were too high for sure, but maybe yours are too low?

Perhaps! I would be perfectly happy with a modernization of Native Warband myself, as long as modding tools are released the community will take care of the rest. Bannerlord definitely isn't there yet, but I hope it will be once the game is finished. The initial release was underwhelming, no argument there.

I love how people seem to bypass parts of what they are quoting that hint towards them being wrong.

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.

Here, I've applied bold styling to the ones you missed. What this means is that those are some of the priorities, again, some, and I believe you know what priorities mean

Lastly, Duh_TaleWorlds mentioned that those are not all-encompassing, meaning not everything they have as a priority is in that list, and if that is the case, we have no idea of what else they have listed as to-do.

Back
Top Bottom