SP - General Ukrainian localization

Users who are viewing this thread

Can X language be added? Ofc it can, doesn't mean that it will. I can think of a dozen other languages that could be added instead of Ukrainian by population.

Thread is stupid

Not to be a sneering Imperialist...

mbylpaG.png

But... 90-95% of games use English as their base language. The vast majority of players are going to speak English in game. The gaming forum, reddit, mods are all going to be in English mostly. If you want to play a diverse array of video games; surely learning English is the way to go?

Games don't tend to include languages based on the political sensibilities of the time but the relevance of its speaker player base. Ukrainian may have 40-80mil native speakers but if that doesn't translate into the size of the Ukrainian customer base, it just doesn't make fiscal sense to bother. Besides, "just learn English" is never an inadequate reason. If you don't already have an acceptable grasp of the language in your adulthood in the 21th century, video games are an optimal place to start.
That being said, Delando est Russia
Ukrainian fanbase of M&B is big, Fire and Sword was developed by Ukrainian modders from Sich too.

Seems to me that the feelings of posters about whether there should be an additional language supported by the game, are more heated than is warranted by a simple language support suggestion.

Damn this community is really trash sometimes. You can just tell the dude that you don't think the developers will make the effort rather than making it a political mess or telling him to just learn English. Lighten up for once, a lot of you sound entitled as **** at the moment.

Hello, just want to agree with TS (was going to start a similar thread, but found this one).

Of course many people really would be happy to get it - like TS said, the fan base in Ukraine is big. Also - 40-45 millions of people in the world know this language, consider it as their native which is much enough. There are two other moments, which could be interesting for developers.

First - the Ukrainian gamer's community is developing very fast these years. There are many bloggers with hundreds of thousands active subscribers. If you make a news about it - they will note it in their regular videos, so you can expect the boost of new players. This topic of localization is on the hype now and will be. Even people, who barely knew about this release, will be interested to try if they find Ukrainian language in the game already. Also much players who don't know English and russian will not buy this game, because they don't have localization.

And another thing - the tech one. There are guys, who started their work on a localization in Ukraine. Yes, it's already something, but it's not official and far from being perfectly made. What I want to say - you can contact them, maybe work together, so the process will be easier for you.

Win-win for the developers and players of Ukraine. Cheers

Edit: I'm not sure, if that's ok to share links here. But on a "nexusmods" you can find a localization made by one person (as I understand) - and contact him about implementing it officially.

Edit #2: It would be nice to hear some answer from devs... if they have these plans, or all these discussion and expectations are pointless

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom