Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

1. You are not seriously trying to rehash JFK conspiracies?!
2. The CIA cover-up was uncovered by the CIA inspector general in a few years after the event. Are you saying official control mechanisms WORK??
3. That's another military cover-up of nasty killings in a warzone, which is more of a rule than an exception. Where is the conspiracy? And it's another example of an exposed cover up.

1. You are not seriously trying to rehash JFK conspiracies?!
2. The CIA cover-up was uncovered by the CIA inspector general in a few years after the event. Are you saying official control mechanisms WORK??
3. That's another military cover-up of nasty killings in a warzone, which is more of a rule than an exception. Where is the conspiracy? And it's another example of an exposed cover up.
Just pointing out that the truth takes time to surface especially when officials are deliberately burying it.

So yesterday apparently an agreement was signed concerning safe shipping of Ukrainian grain via our southern ports.

Just now I woke up to the most massive rocket strike on Odessa since feb 24. AA intercepted a large number of rockets but I’ve heard at least two solid hits. There’s smoke over the port. Why are we still trying to make agreements with Russia, I feel stupid just for trying.

2/4 hits on the port, not bad for the AA defense. Putin is trying to send a message, "deal or no deal, I can strike at any time, because I'm A MADMAN WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT".

One of the many things I hate about war is how fearful of all loud noises it makes me. I just woke up frozen with fear, thought I was about to die. The sound was like multiple bombs landing far away, getting closer. Looked at my phone, there was no air alert. Finally I realised it was a thunderstorm. I used to love thunderstorms. Now I hate them so much.

One of the many things I hate about war is how fearful of all loud noises it makes me. I just woke up frozen with fear, thought I was about to die. The sound was like multiple bombs landing far away, getting closer. Looked at my phone, there was no air alert. Finally I realised it was a thunderstorm. I used to love thunderstorms. Now I hate them so much.
Yeah, now I'm afraid of every loud sound too. I live near the port, there's a freaking construction site outside my window, and sometimes the noise is so loud it feels like explosions.

The Antonovsky bridge has been hit several times and is closed for traffic. Very bad for the Russians at the northern side of the Dnepr as there is only the dam at Nova Kakhovka left (which has been hit as well).

Are you watching?
I am scared to go to sleep because I can miss another town being liberated. I can’t believe this is happening so quickly. The Kharkiv front has collapsed.
The advance is bound to stop at some point when the supplies of the front troops go low and Russians manage to check them with local counterattacks, but even so far it's a great operation that's bound to influence the fighting ahead.
A great morale boost for Ukraine and the reverse for the Russians who are beginning to lose some home support. I just hope there are not too many Ukrainian casualties that made this possible.

Casualties are apparently not as high as you would expect during a large offensive. Mostly because our forces met very weak resistance. Russians broke immediately and fled to avoid encirclement. Looks like the advance will stop along the Oskol river. And not because of meeting tough resistance but probably out of fear to overstretch and exhaust the troops. But I could be wrong and the guys could push all the way to Luhansk oblast.
What we know for sure is that Izyum, Kupyansk and Volchansk fly our banner right now. Our troops pushed to the border north of Kharkiv. This is a huge strategic win. But we’re still far from winning the war. We need to break them in the south. But I fear that they might yet be able to accumulate a striking force there and start an offensive on Mykolaiv or Zaporizhia direction.

Our losses in Ukraine are so far close to 6000 soldiers.

And therefore we have decided to partially mobilize after 7 months of war.

Okay.
Okay indeed. Nobody's gonna buy that right.

Yeah, but the scary thing that is about to happen is the shamreferendum. The one where they annex occupied territories into Russia. So if UA were to then liberate those occupied territories they'd actually be attacking Russia. Which would open up the floodways for Russia to engage more aggressively.

The only more aggressive option of engagement at this point is nuclear strikes. Which I don’t see happening. When someone says “I’m not bluffing”, he’s probably bluffing.

Putin’s strategy when he meets an obstacle he cannot trample is to outlast it. Partial mobilisation will allow them to drag the war for years. And in a few years something could happen to bring him back in an advantageous position.

The only more aggressive option of engagement at this point is nuclear strikes. Which I don’t see happening. When someone says “I’m not bluffing”, he’s probably bluffing.

Putin’s strategy when he meets an obstacle he cannot trample is to outlast it. Partial mobilisation will allow them to drag the war for years. And in a few years something could happen to bring him back in an advantageous position.
Yup, it’s the one advantage dictators have. They don’t need to be re-elected. They can go for the long con as long as they have consolidated enough power and influence.

But Putin hasn’t used the drafting mobilisation before, right? Since it was never a war but a “special military operation”?

Back
Top Bottom