Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

I read an article saying 9 out of about 20 Russian general had been killed in the field so far.
That is an almost unheard of death count and indicates that the chain of leadership is poor.
The generals simply have to "micromanage" the headless troops, supply chains etc.

delusional crap
Please evacuate to your mental health thread.
I read an article saying 9 out of about 20 Russian general had been killed in the field so far.
That is an almost unheard of death count and indicates that the chain of leadership is poor.
The generals simply have to "micromanage" the headless troops, supply chains etc.
I think there was an article about deliberate assassinations by Ukraine hit squads, no doubt helped by Western SIGINT. It's a strategy.
The recent push of having generals close to the front is about Putin's wish to have significant victories before his WW2 victory parade, so the generals are there to speed up operations.

So first Lavrov (Russia's Minister of Foreign Affairs) implied Hitler has Jewish origin.
Then Israel demanded an apology, to which Lavrov doubled down and tweeted that Israel supports the Nazi regime in Ukraine.
Now Russia is spreading propaganda on posters about famous Swedish people being Nazis, including Astrid Lindgren (Pippi Longstocking) and Ingmar Bergman. But also Ingvar Kamprad (founder of IKEA) which is true.
Russia's Nazi'titis is getting a bit tiresome.

This could be a very shrewd move on their part.
As many Russians are not buying the "Ukraine is a nazi state" concept, they are expected to at least have a reflectory response to "it's pogrom time, boys".

This could be a very shrewd move on their part.
As many Russians are not buying the "Ukraine is a nazi state" concept, they are expected to at least have a reflectory response to "it's pogrom time, boys".

Yeah, the Russian peoples couldn't really rally behind the "UA = Nazi" message since many Russians went or know people there.
So they're now opting for a "West = Nazi" message, something the plebs can get behind.

It's all the way back to the good old "Jews have mesmerized the slavic population of Ukraine". A great ad hominem directed at Zelenskiy and much of his team. And a dog-whistle to conservative Russian masses (Putin's base) known for the deep-rooted anti-semitism.
But since the nazi card was already played, those jews also internalized nazi ideas. As Lavrov has brilliantly put it "maybe I'm wrong, but some people say Hitler was jewsih, so.. I'm just saying". ?‍♂️

It also works to reinforce the "associative arrays" meant to facilitate the crackdown on the "fifth column" inside Russia.
Jews - intelligentsia - political opposition - conspiracy against Russians - Western liberal values - homosexuality - cultural and moral degeneracy - nazism.
Since Dostoevsky's time, each of these concepts can be directly paired with any of the others. Except for nazis, that arrived later obviously.

It seems to me Lavrov just handed Ukraine a gift: the Israelis are pissed off (seems to me his words hit them in a pretty sensitive spot), so maybe Ukraine can use this to get support from Israel.

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. (quote)
cqo51f3b

91awvh2m

cuig9ixo

Last edited:
It seems to me Lavrov just handed Ukraine a gift: the Israelis are pissed off (seems to me his words hit them in a pretty sensitive spot), so maybe Ukraine can use this to get support from Israel.

Countries do not offer material support over a few words exchanged by politicians. Israel is extremely easy to extract negative statements from (Zelenskyy himself managed to piss them off recently over holocaust comparisons), but like most of the world they don't care about Ukraine, or really the war itself beyond how it affects them economically.

if i recall correctly that particular swastika flag pic is a photoshop from 2014 (though of course even without the presumably edited swastika it's still plenty incriminating) - though those particular assholes have carried swastika flags in other cases both before and since.

I've first seen that image in Russian pro-war publics back in 2015.
The flag in the middle is real. And it totally does have neo-nazi undertones. But they had to photoshop in the flags on the sides because they probably didn't expect average Russians to get the subtle cue of that Azov quazi-swastika. Back in 2014, when Russia first invaded, we pretty much had no regular army and the state was in disarray so that group did make it to a volunteer battallion.
The funny thing is they were a Russian streak of neo-nazis. Azov was almost exclusively Russophone and that "kolovrat" on the flag is exactly the same as Russian neo-nazis use. Although it was always a riddle to me what kind of neo-nazis they were, given there were jews, georgians, crimean tartars and other minorities among the fighters.
The regiment was reformed since but it was a very poor decision to keep the flag. It needs to go. And it's really unfortunate how this regiment is being martyred in Mariupol so now we have this particular unit as national heros. Even though there are three other regular regiments fighting in Mariupol but they just had no pr.
In either case, the leap from a single volunteer regiment in a 250k people strong army having questionable roots to our jewish president, and basically the entire country and also the entirety of Western countries who support us, being nazis is outstanding.

I personally do not particularly understand the fascination that some left leaning people have with Russia. Putin is an authoritarian president, and one can nitpick over whether it is accurate or not to call him a fascist, but he sure as hell is not a leftist. And Russia right now is Putin. He owns it. You know, as a dictator does.

I just don't get it.

It's closely related to the far-left hate of US imperialism, which makes any country who opposes it a friend, even if they are also imperialistic as ****.
Old lefties also somehow confuse Russia with their old love, the Soviet Union, just as the old anti-communist cold warriors do!

To quote Ned Stark, a madman sees what he sees. Lefties hate liberalism and are totalitarian to the core so they will be fascinated by any such regime ignoring it’s scary realities. Let’s not forget that USSR was fascinated by Hitler’s Germany as an antipode to imperialist Britain right until the great backstab.

To quote Ned Stark, a madman sees what he sees. Lefties hate liberalism and are totalitarian to the core so they will be fascinated by any such regime ignoring it’s scary realities. Let’s not forget that USSR was fascinated by Hitler’s Germany as an antipode to imperialist Britain right until the great backstab.

Sure, fascinated but not interested in getting it into its own borders. The USSR wasn't planning on importing fascism and Hitler wasn't planning on importing communism. The 1939 non-aggression treaty was a big shock since the two parties ideologies couldn't have been further apart from eachother. Stalinism and nazism/hitlerism would've been sworn enemies if their interest didn't align for a period of time. They were fascinated by eachother the way a cat looks at a dog. Fire and water.
As soon as the veil was lifted and they saw no more use of eachother they started fighting. So a backstab, sure, but only because the victor writes history. They broke the treaty first but the treaty never would've lived either way.
Millions died at the hands of germans - and russians. Stalin carved Europe up with Hitler and conquered it, same way Hitler did. And later when the war was nearing its end Stalin carved it up again, this time with Churchill and Roosevelt (/Truman, but really Roosevelt). So did Russia liberate Europe? Or did it capitalize on the situation to conquer vast amounts of land?

Back
Top Bottom