Not open for further replies.
ncoatofarms11.png
spacer25px.png
Quarter Final A
Ukraine vs USA

Map 1: Ruined Fort - Swadia vs Nords
Map 2: Field by the River - Swadia vs Swadia
Map 3 (if needed): Village - Vaegirs vs Nords

The deadline for this match is 07/05/2011.

You can discuss anything related to the match in this topic. Referees can also post their availability in here. The result of the match should also be posted in this thread, preferably accompanied by screenshots, if possible.
spacer25px.png
ncoatofarms4.png

Hi Mr. X,

17-18 GMT is preferable for us time during weekday. We can be more flexible during week-end but I need to agree it with my team in advance, so please propose your time.
And lets us know your server. Our server is RS pro battle 2 (located in Germany).

I'm afraid we're going to have to either expect the server your team uses to be located in UK or France, as lately we've been offering NY servers (Far East coast), yet our opponents have been playing on interior European servers.

This has been resulting is our opponents' ping on our servers being roughly 95, and our ping on their servers being roughly 155.

This importance magnifies in importance as this is now the quarter finals, and the competition is only growing more difficult, we can not expect to be able to overcome such unfair latency disparities by skill alone any longer.

Our offers at this point are largely contingent upon yours, but here are the options I see:

A) You stick with your server in Germany, and we will use a server located in central USA, such as Texas or Chicago.
B) You move to a UK or France server, and we will reciprocate by using an east coast server.
C) We use a neutral server.

At any rate, I feel that server testing on both sides is going to be required at this level of competition.

As to the scheduling end of things, weekends are usually our best times. I'll get with the team and discuss this, however, and get back to you. As a general rule, however, the time difference is usually too large for both teams to find an acceptable timetable during the work week.

On an unrelated note: Are you the Evgen I played with in beta? You seemed to have a US ping back then, however. :smile:

Don't forget they are Ukrainians, Rhade, which means that if the server would be located in the UK, you guys would probably get a better ping there then they would. Europe is big, you know? Just look at the ping they get on EU servers.

It's hard for me to imagine what ping Ukrainian team will get on any US server...

JoG said:
Don't forget they are Ukrainians, Rhade, which means that if the server would be located in the UK, you guys would probably get a better ping there then they would. Europe is big, you know? Just look at the ping they get on EU servers.

It's hard for me to imagine what ping Ukrainian team will get on any US server...

I know, which is why I think ping testing is important.

We may have to exercise the neutral server idea for this one.

US have already done their testing but I need to speak to representative from the Ukrainian team, on steam, to hook this up. I tried to catch Evgen but I don't think he came on line all day.

If someone from Ukraine could contact me 'captain_of_lust' on steam please, it would be much appreciated. The sooner, the better.

As for the time, how does Saturday at 19:00 GMT sound? 20:00 GMT would be better, but I don't think you can manage that.

This weekend Ukraine is celebrating victory over Nazi Germany, I guess it could be a problem.

Rhade said:
Our offers at this point are largely contingent upon yours, but here are the options I see:
A) You stick with your server in Germany, and we will use a server located in central USA, such as Texas or Chicago.
B) You move to a UK or France server, and we will reciprocate by using an east coast server.
C) We use a neutral server.
At any rate, I feel that server testing on both sides is going to be required at this level of competition.
Agree, we need to find servers with optimal ping difference for both treams.
Last time we checked NA servers was before game with Canada and on their PRT_Battle Server we had ping in 140-160 range.

Rhade said:
On an unrelated note: Are you the Evgen I played with in beta? You seemed to have a US ping back then, however. :smile:
Yes, I played since early beta and remeber you too. Did not get about US ping. I always play from Ukraine and my ping 150 average on NA servers.

Mr.X said:
As for the time, how does Saturday at 19:00 GMT sound? 20:00 GMT would be better, but I don't think you can manage that.
20 GMT is very late for us, 19 GMT is latest what we normally can start and we need to finish before 21 GMT otherwise we could have not enough players. We will check this Saturday (07.05.11) and time 19 GMT and let you know.

captain lust said:
US have already done their testing but I need to speak to representative from the Ukrainian team, on steam, to hook this up. I tried to catch Evgen but I don't think he came on line all day.
Sorry, was absent yesterday. I can check it tonight or you can give me the list of servers to be checked and I'l provide screens.

Zheka said:
20 GMT is very late for us, 19 GMT is latest what we normally can start and we need to finish before 21 GMT otherwise we could have not enough players. We will check this Saturday (07.05.11) and time 19 GMT and let you know.

looks like we have 8 players for Sat

Sorry I absolutely forgot to test ping during today's training, so we have result of 1 by 1 tests.
Here what we have average:
Lions_Den_UK (64)
Deutschritter Clanserver (55)
TMW_DM_NY (190)
PRT_Battle (146)
Balion_War_Room (166)
US_GK_Battle (140)

If screens are strongly required we will try to get them during next our training on Friday.

How we will play maps in details?
Is first map Ruined fort and UA starts for Swadia or?

Zheka said:
Sorry I absolutely forgot to test ping during today's training, so we have result of 1 by 1 tests.
Here what we have average:
Lions_Den_UK (64)
Deutschritter Clanserver (55)
TMW_DM_NY (190)
PRT_Battle (146)
Balion_War_Room (166)
US_GK_Battle (140)

If screens are strongly required we will try to get them during next our training on Friday.

How we will play maps in details?
Is first map Ruined fort and UA starts for Swadia or?
That's suprising, are you sure you wern't having a spike on TMW? TMW is the most Eastern server they have.

Well If we (the usa) fight on a server in England or France-ish ? (about 140 ping for us I suppose) and you guys fight on PRT battle your ping should be (145 according to your tests) It should work out well and it wont be a big ping advantage to one team like the other times since you guys are in the Ukraine

John7 said:
Well If we (the usa) fight on a server in England or France-ish ? (about 140 ping for us I suppose) and you guys fight on PRT battle your ping should be (145 according to your tests) It should work out well and it wont be a big ping advantage to one team like the other times since you guys are in the Ukraine

Probably best to leave it to X or myself, they may take a suggestion to be an offer and cause confusion. ^^

Rhade said:
John7 said:

Probably best to leave it to X or myself, they may take a suggestion to be an offer and cause confusion. ^^
Again I will translate. What Rhade means is that someone might actually listen to you, John, unbelieveable I know, but possible.

Any confirmation of time and date yet ? The deadline is tomorrow. Depending on time I will attend this event as a ref. 

We agreed to play on Saturday 18 GMT

Here is screens of our ping on such servers as:
TMW_DM_NY
PRT_Battle
Balion_War_Room
US_GK_Duel
Bonus picture of hot n horny cRPG chick

As it was mentioned the best for us is TMW_DM_NY (last time we had prolly traffic issue)

Zheka said:

I thought we agreed on 19:00 GMT, as per this:

Zheka said:
Zheka said:

Mr.X said:
Zheka said:

I thought we agreed on 19:00 GMT, as per this:

Zheka said:
Zheka said:

Sure 19 GMT, mistyped.

Also lets agree on which map,faction, home server first.

I suggest the same as you played with Bene 5,5,5,5 switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom