SP - UI UI Text size on console is unreadable

Users who are viewing this thread

bekkilyn

Recruit
I've turned the UI size all the way to 1.0 and can still barely read the text on my TV screen. I shouldn't have to sit right in front of the TV like it is a computer monitor to play the game. I've been playing Warband on console and the text is fine, but with Bannerlord I'm leaning forward trying to read and it's just impossible and then the text is gone from the screen and I've missed it. Please give us an option to increase this two-or-three-fold at the least so that those of us who don't have bionic eyes can play the game without going blind. Thanks! :smile:

Some of the places in the UI doesn't have space to increase the text size globally but we might go over the design of the screens to accommodate(depending on the workload). Can you share some examples(text areas) where you have the worst time reading?

I've only just started playing the game, so may have more examples later, but the one that stands out the most to me are those little messages that pop up in the lower left of the screen. I think they are the type that show up in Warband when someone is defeated in battle but manages to escape or is exiled. One of them popped up in red concerning an NPC after completing that first village quest, but I couldn't read it so not sure what it was, and it disappeared before I could try to get closer to the TV.

Also, it might also be good to have a option to choose our text colors for these types of messages. I'm not sure yet if it will be a problem in Bannerlord, but in Warband, I had trouble sometimes when trying to read the white text against many of the backgrounds and would then need to go into the notes, so even though the size wasn't an issue, the text colors sometimes could be.

Here are another couple places that text size needs to be increased. In the lower left when you are "mousing" over the icons for character, quests, etc. the little text box that pops up to tell us what those icons are is extremely small. Also, in the skills tree, when you are looking at the descriptions for the various skills, the description text is quite small. Perhaps a solution would be to magnify the text size when the cursor moves over the text boxes. When in the inventory or trade screen, the text for the items being traded is also pretty small and uncomfortable to read. The information on the bottom right of the screen showing health, denars, etc. is also barely readable.

I'll add more if/as I find them! Thanks!

Been playing a lot more and find that it is difficult to read the text or to see the targeting "mouse" cursor over certain types of environments, snow or light-colored in particular. This was an issue with Warband as well. One pf the MMO type games I've played in the past solved this issue by providing an "opacity" setting to the text box so that the player could adjust the background of the text window to lighter or darker so that the text could be read regardless of the game environment. The player would decide whether they wanted a darker text window covering that part of the screen or to have an invisible one. I'm thinking that this would also be an issue on PC as well as console since even when I get up right at the screen, it is difficult to read text when it is being displayed over snowy areas, and the mouse cursor, since it is very pale, disappears almost completely as well.

I support this. It is very hard to read anything when sitting 4 meters away from TV. We're not PC players sitting 0.5 meter away from the monitor. We need BIGGER TEXT

Back
Top Bottom