Ugly

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok so i've started a new game on 5.0, out of nowhere i've been assigned the trait of "Ugly" one week into the game, I didn't get any options to select from and as i'm trying to play as a courtesan this trait really doesn't fit with my build.. is there any way to remove traits? I've tried reloading a save but it gives me the same trait each time.

I might just export my character and start a new game as i'm only 7 days in, I'd like to have a choice as in previous versions atleast.

Started a completely fresh game and again have been randomly given the "Ugly" trait...  :facepalm: is there something i'm missing here? do I need to do something to stop this happening? I didn't import my character either. Came in at day 4 this time, no option menu presented.

vNUtR8a.jpg

Oh wait I just reloaded a save and now i'm "Fat".. Brilliant!

After re-loading the save about 100 times I seem to only have a random trait choice of being "fat" or "ugly".. fantastic.

It's randomly happened again 9 days into save, now I have choice of being Fat and Ugly or Unbelievebly Fat.. This really needs sorting out, i'm the first person in the world to get unbelievebly fat from eating dried fish and water.

It's about the Trait overhaul.

Ugly trait is gained if you dont have your gear (clothing and horse, NOT WEAPONS), and fat is about the food variety stuff in Party Morale.

Ugly is well, i guess reasonable, but fat has to be renamed or changed, IMO.

I'm having this problem too. I have decent gear for so early in a game and a charger. Exactly what is the requirement for not getting the ugly trait? If I get better gear after the trait pops up will I loose the trait eventually?

AnandaShanti said:
I'm having this problem too. I have decent gear for so early in a game and a charger. Exactly what is the requirement for not getting the ugly trait? If I get better gear after the trait pops up will I loose the trait eventually?

As far as I can tell no, i've started about 6 new games in the past 48 hours testing out different features and in each one I am "Ugly" within a week, as Quintillius said above he's treating it as a bug.. I'm not sure what the player is mean't to do to avoid it? I'm unfamiliar with the mechanics of how the "Ugly" trait is assigned, i've tried decking my character out with expensive clothes and extra clothes in my inventory it didn't make any difference.

It reoccurs too so you will end up very ugly, fugly or extremely fat by 1 month in the game. Hopefully a hotfix will come out soon!

AnandaShanti said:
Well I usually don't marry anyways, but I've never played this mod before, hopefully it's not to important.

Don't worry about it, it's not gamebraking in any sense of the word and you shouldn't avoid this mod because it call's you ugly :razz: you'd be missing all the fantastic features!

Well i'm 4 months into my game now, I have two set of clothes/armour: Casual/business wear - 1. a fancy hat, novice outfit, bear paw shoes and hardened leather gloves; then my battle armour which i equip from the inventory box on entering a battle - 2. Open Sallet, Splinted Greaves, Gauntlets and Brigandine.

My "Ugly" trait appears to have downgraded itself to "Unsightly" after advancing a few ranks in social status, fighting in a successful crusade and buying a few houses. I've also not had any re-occurences of the "Ugly" trait since I got slapped with it the first time on this playthrough.

I have 3 traits so far:

71cz3H1.jpg

I have 3 traits so far:

71cz3H1.jpg

[/quote]
Well it's a good thing religion matters in this game, and hopefully you have some good renown...cause your looks certainly aren't going to win people over to your cause  :iamamoron:

x)

Here's an overview of all trait types with 2 bad traits and 2 good traits per type:

https://s26.postimg.org/5mkqp9ji1/Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png

* Note that the health trait type has been revised as of the next update (texts + effects only).
If you don't want to wait a few days, download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjjya8azkf1nxev/Nova%20Aetas%20v5.0%20-%20trait%20type%20health%20revision.rar?dl=0.

Perhaps Ugly should be renamed to "Unkempt" or "sloppy", because ugly implies that you are always going to be cursed with your awful visage. Unkempt would better convey that you just need to stop looking like a poor person and buy some nice clothes.

This has been pissing me off, put the new archive and didn't got the ugly trait but now about 20 days in game I always get the "Unsightly" trait that is even worse than ugly, no matter how many times I reload the save.I got some pretty decent gear for this much time in the game, what the heck am I supposed to do??

Well the hotfix only fixes the calculation. The result of this is a number added to the chance. I think this number is messed up for you.
To fix this, download & start up the savegame editor.

Go to:
-> Troops
-> #0(player)
-> #slots
-> slots(1120)

This value represents the chance to gain a new trait for the handsome trait type. Negative = bad, positive = good trait. A weekly trigger will subtract/add 20 to go to 0.
Set the value for you to 0 (middle column), it is possibly -450 or so, which is a chance of 45% and way TOO much.

If you see values above 1000 or below -1000, pls report this and set it to 0 (for slots 1115 to 1129).

Hmm I've already made quite some progress in the save after getting the "Ugly" trait so I think I'll just keep playing it like that now.Is it possible for me to lose that trait later in the game when I'm rich and have good equipment and all that?Anyways, thanks  a lot for the help :grin:
Edit: Seems I'm very lucky, got a random event and got the good looking trait by paying only 500 denars  :lol:  :party:

I have figured out a workaround for the whole ugly problem. Once you know that you will get the ugly trait and you have quit without saving, follow these steps: (you might probably need cheats and cheat menu). 1. use CTRL +T and find a feast, enter feast (pay for guards if you need) 2. choose an unmarried lady (if feast has no ladies in it, find another feast) 2. just talk to the lady and increase your relation (+30 +40 min) with cheats (use CHEAT: Like me or go to reports > character reports > improve relation with last talked person) 3. Tell the lady that you admire her. 4. Just wait in map until you get a trait. Instead of the ugly trait you will get a positive trait. Just play around with this idea if it won't work, it will work ultimately.

Back
Top Bottom