is it good?

• no

Votes: 69 65.1%
  • possibly

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, Bloc is working on it. Not Talewords, exactly. So, there are really good odds that we will have again that old familiar feeling.
I played Max Payne yet again, so there's a possibility that I will throw random quotes from the game in the next days

Pretty damn depressing going back to browse an SMF or phpBB forum, they are so much better.

It's fascinating how much of a nicer experience these are to this dreadful new XenForo software on the front end. All of these fancy new gimmicks don't contribute to ease of use at all.

Go look at these and experience a breath of fresh air. Fück man, just look at it. They are so much better to use.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php
http://forums.junkerhq.net/
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/index.php

I'll be honest and say this forum is growing on me, I quite like the front end. Then again I've always been a fan of Invision forums, so it's more similar to that style.

It's not completely terrible or anything (it's still just a forum), it's just takes slightly longer to do what you want. Everything feels sluggish and there is less information on every page (things take extra clicks/steps to get to, etc). It is unoptimised and bloated from a design standpoint. It's also more restrictive.

It's built around the insistence on having just one taskbar, one dropdown menu per option, one line of text per profile, one Reich, one Fuhrer. This all probably sounded really good to some jargon-infested boardroom back in 2013 when things like material design were developed, and it sounds nice and accessible and mobile-friendly, but for the end user it's just extra work.

OG taleworlds had 3-4 layers of taskbar at the top but it meant you could get anywhere on the site in 2 clicks or less. Here you can't even click on a profile directly. I wouldn't be surprised if overall use of the forum goes down because of how hidden some things like unread replies and the ability to view new posts are.

OG taleworlds had 3-4 layers of taskbar at the top but it meant you could get anywhere on the site in 2 clicks or less. Here you can't even click on a profile directly. I wouldn't be surprised if overall use of the forum goes down because of how hidden some things like unread replies and the ability to view new posts are.
yea i definitely agree, everything is just... clunkier.

So BoP community splits off into separate forum when?

Also really love that the page numbers are only at the bottom, not also the top, for some dumb**** reason

Posting from mobile is awful

Thanks I hate it

I'd like to express my disappointment about the change. I especially dislike the ugly steam-y look and feel and the circular avatars. I also dislike the fact that the change happened. Another thing I dislike is plum ice cream. You have taken away my chocolate ice cream and given me plum ice cream instead. I dislike people who try to force me to eat plum ice cream.

Censoring of words seem to be enabled by default. Like **** instead of ****.
Where do you turn it off? I can't find it in settings.
Not possible by default - it's just a global setting. Either it's on or off for everyone. I think Janus was getting close to working around it though, so hopefully it won't be too long before we have the option.

I'd like to express my disappointment about the change. I especially dislike the ugly steam-y look and feel and the circular avatars. I also dislike the fact that the change happened. Another thing I dislike is plum ice cream. You have taken away my chocolate ice cream and given me plum ice cream instead. I dislike people who try to force me to eat plum ice cream.

They're working on a light theme so you can get your delicious chocolate/vanilla ice cream soon :smile:

Back
Top Bottom