typical multiplayer experience as of now

Users who are viewing this thread

amanamoth

Recruit
I start up the game, wait for it to start. I look at the custom servers list, the most amount of people in a server is 25. I close the game.

what Region you on? It's all bout finding the prime time for your region.

for me in NA, its from 6pm to 11pm

we all know most of the players are testing mods in SP

we need to stop whining about MP population a bring at least 2 friends to the game

We had over 50 people on last night and then the server crashed and everyone scattered/logged out. Typical night of Bannerlord tbh

we need to stop whining about MP population a bring at least 2 friends to the game
This is so dumb lmao.
No one has bring anyone to this game, TW has to fix their **** game, then maybe people will play the game and stick around.
NA "prime time" only gets like 50-60 people at most, then servers crash every 2-3 rounds and everyone leaves. Peak bannerlord experience.

I think most players have ditched this for Chivalry 2. I recall mentioning that people only stuck around for Bannerlord out of an absolute refusal to buy anything on the Epic Games Store that they'd rather play a worse medieval multiplayer game just because it's the Steam counterpart to an Epic Games exclusive.

And guess what? The Epic Exclusive stopped being Epic Exclusive.

EDIT: To quote myself at another thread
I think i remember predicting that the only thing that kept people playing Bannerlord's multiplayer mode prior to Chiv2's Steam release was the Steam vs Epic debacle. Even then, more people would rather play the medieval game that's actually a medieval game than stay loyal to Steam.

Now that Chivalry 2 is on Steam, "It's the medieval game on Steam" is no longer a valid reason to keep playing Bannerlord's multiplayer, since the Epic Exclusive stopped being Epic Exclusive.

And guess what? The Epic Exclusive stopped being Epic Exclusive.
chiva2 is way below this bugged p.o.s. Bannerlord, even my friends that don't play this anymore, bought and refunded chiva2. I did buy but I don't refund games. I rather play at night with 50 players and wait for server crash.

This is so dumb lmao.
Peak bannerlord experience.
dumb is posting crap about a game and expecting to get more people on it.

speaking only about NA, if we're only 50 or 60 at most, we need to get into one server not spread around battle, duel or tdm.

people in battle just want the attention to be the last fighting

people in duel are just farming loot and calibrating their macros :wink:

dumb is posting crap about a game and expecting to get more people on it.

speaking only about NA, if we're only 50 or 60 at most, we need to get into one server not spread around battle, duel or tdm.

people in battle just want the attention to be the last fighting

people in duel are just farming loot and calibrating their macros :wink:
Ever wonder why people don't play this game? Because it's trash lmao. Even warband gets more player than bannerlord.
You should blame TW for making a **** game and not caring about it instead of telling people to play the game or invite their friends to play. TW is the only reason why the game is dead.

1.7.2 was the final nail in the coffin, MP was strugling for a while now... And the update killed it
I thought i actually saw a brief surge in players when the update came out... And then Chivalry 2 happened.

I think people enjoy not being constantly peppered to death by all-archer teams that devolve the game into a late 2000s modern military shooter, and e1.7.1 was full of that.

I don’t know a single Bannerlord player who left because of Chiv 2. I know a lot of Bannerlord players who left because Bannerlord makes them want to rip their hair out.

At this point the best we can hope for (once servers are stable) is probably a few popular private servers and a small but dedicated community for vanilla game modes.

I thought i actually saw a brief surge in players when the update came out... And then Chivalry 2 happened.

I think people enjoy not being constantly peppered to death by all-archer teams that devolve the game into a late 2000s modern military shooter, and e1.7.1 was full of that.
You should contact Chivalry 2 developers to get paid for your baseless claims of people leaving Bannerlord for Chivalry 2. You've been advertising that game on here for as long as I can remember

You should contact Chivalry 2 developers to get paid for your baseless claims of people leaving Bannerlord for Chivalry 2. You've been advertising that game on here for as long as I can remember
TBF, the state of e1.7.1 was such where playing Bannerlord's multiplayer was actually worse than installing the Epic Games Launcher. People only stuck around because it was the Steam counterpart to a former Epic Games exclusive.

Hell, i'm pretty sure that even earlier versions of Bannerlord were just as insufferable, but e1.7.1 for me was the point where I decided "I don't wanna suffer through this archer spamfest anymore". e1.7.2 was more or less the update that brought me back to playing Bannerlord, though it's pretty clear that the future of Bannerlord's multiplayer leaves basically no room for optimism, to the point where you'll likely have to hope for a Mount&Blade crossover in other games.

I played on warbands dying (or not really dying actually) servers long after uninstalling bannerlord and can confirm that although it's far from the experience Mount and blade multiplayer gives chivalry 2 is closest. In fact if there was a server that disables attacks going through multiple people and made team damage much more punishable in terms of combat that game could reliably carry ale the mnb fans that got shat on by tw until some proper mnb mp substitute happens.

Constant server crashes, unpopular game modes, and very flawed gameplay mechanics. Frankly it's a testament to the underlying quality of MnB's core systems that there is any multiplayer population at all, but that makes it all the more disappointing that the potential is left completely unfulfilled.

Don't link it to chiv2, it's performance drop and constant lag that killed multiplayer.
Even then at least it's possible to find games with just some simple general queue-able gamemodes that people enjoy/ACTUALLY play, a customization/progression system that's actually feasible without 10000 hours of grind to use and not a placeholder. This excluding the server browser and the weird ranking system placeholder thing too.

And that's barely scratching the surface of the reasons for their each popularity
(WITHOUT MODS, that made Warband multiplayer timeless and a platform that reinovated itself and it's communities a thousand times over)

The fact that people are still very actively playing TDM and Siege with all the constant lag and server crashes shows just how dedicated people are to this game. Where even 5+ stutters a minute cant stop them from playing the game.
Skirmish is pretty much dead, to the point where we need pickup games to even get games. Captains is dead. Hell even duel crashes.
Over a month and no fix. This is worse than crushtrough...

You need more people working on multiplayer... No wonder people in Chiv, Mordhau etc dont mention Mount & Blade multiplayer. Even the developers dont seem to care that it exists.
(And your multiplayer beats those games out of the ****ing park)

Back
Top Bottom