I searched and, much to my surprise, I didn't find a topic about this. If there is one, please link it and ignore this thread.
- can kill horses with a single blow
- can kill people with a single blow
- can break shields with a single blow
- are very fast
- are extremely easy to use [i.e., noob friendly; me, a week-old noob who plays about an hour a day, got five kills in 2-3 minutes with a two hand just an hour or two ago, having used 2hs very little previously]
- are more effective against cavalry than spears are
- when used in conjunction with a shield can be used very effectively against archers; by holding the shield out until in range of the 2h, and then switching to the 2h, they can be very hard to hit with arrows.