Two Wives Haven't Gotten Pregnant - 1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Clan tier has nothing to do with it. I’ve gotten wife pregnant before clan tier 2.

Try just leaving your wife in the town and then waiting (little + button to the right of town notables). I think it may get bugged sometimes when they are in your party.
In the latest patch? If so, that's interesting. In my last playthrough, was clan tier 2, no babies, literally 2 days after tier 3 she got pregnant and stayed pregnant for the next few years with brief breaks between lasting only a few days. Perhaps it was just luck, but it seemed pretty clear that as of 1.56, if you are not high enough tier to go to the keep (where noble ladies stay) you won't knock her up or so I thought.

In the latest patch? If so, that's interesting. In my last playthrough, was clan tier 2, no babies, literally 2 days after tier 3 she got pregnant and stayed pregnant for the next few years with brief breaks between lasting only a few days. Perhaps it was just luck, but it seemed pretty clear that as of 1.56, if you are not high enough tier to go to the keep (where noble ladies stay) you won't knock her up or so I thought.
Yep just confirmed in a new 1.5.7 play through, got my wife pregnant in the second month of the game at clan tier 0. I stayed in a town with her in my party, I waited for about a week almost gave up lol.

loHk0.jpg

yLsAb.jpg

CtRS1.jpg

Last edited:
So I married Liena - not the prettiest lass, but good personality and could probably beat me in an arm wrestle. I put her in my party and waited at a settlement for like two weeks and she didn't get pregnant. Thought maybe it was a bug at the city or something so I went over to another city and waited another ten days or so. Camped around the map longer, and nope, never got pregnant. I figure she's barren, but don't see any indicator in the game. So, being heartless like I am and having character death enabled, I send her solo into a few battle till she bites the dust.

Now I'm remarried to (the much better looking, though slightly worse stat) Arwa! Well same story. I haven't killed her yet though cause she's hot, but I still want a kid. So am I shooting blanks or what?? Will the game let me know?
I think the level of relationshup matters here, before the marrige i improved a lot the relation with my wife and with 3 nights she get pregnant.

I think the level of relationshup matters here, before the marrige i improved a lot the relation with my wife and with 3 nights she get pregnant.

so the only way is to improve relationship???
and the only way to improve relationship is through playing cards game??

No, if you look at the pics above my relation was only 1 which I think I got from marrying her lol. Just wait in a town with her in your party that's it, no other requirements.

so what if your wife relationship is negative , for some reason?

how do you improve it???
I never play card games with my wife. not sure how it works.

so what if your wife relationship is negative , for some reason?

how do you improve it???
I never play card games with my wife. not sure how it works.

You can't play board games if she has -1 relations.

The quickest and most straightforward method is simply gifting her items via the barter menu. The cheaper way is to have her in a party in your army, chase after some other party, cut her party loose from your army so it goes after the enemy party, then "assist" her in the fight.

I hurd (read on internet) that if you have beer and wine in you inventory it increases the chances! But it turned out to just be a urban legend.
Is it even true that negative relation prevent preggers? I'm a bit mad that the devs didn't include that within the previous EXPLAIN HOW BABIE IS MADE threads along with other variables.

Looks like there's actually a bug in the formula for daily pregnancy chances. The chance to conceive your first child is probably 3x lower than the devs intended. Interestingly though, because of the bug it seems the second child is 100% guaranteed to be conceived on the first night you spend together. The third child's conception chances are 3x greater than the first's. Fourth is half as likely as the first. It's a bit messy lol. I know the cause, and I'll make a bug report sometime soon.

To clear everything else up though, the only things that matter for pregnancy chances are as follows:
  1. Must be waiting together in the same settlement at the moment of the daily tick (when your income is tabulated). Does not matter if your spouse is in your party or the settlement. Villages don't count as settlements in this case, only castles and towns. You can actually leave the settlement as much as you want, as long as you are inside at the daily tick when it does the check.
  2. The female character must be between the ages of 18 and 45. Chances drop as the female gets older. Male age does not matter.
  3. The chances of pregnancy are supposed to drop with each successive child, but this isn't the case at the moment because of the bug.
  4. It should go without saying that the birth and death cycle needs to be enabled and the female character can't already be pregnant.
None of the other stuff matters. Relations do not affect it and it appears fertility was removed as a mechanic.

Edit: In the meantime, you can use the command "campaign.conceive_child" in the console to instantly get your spouse pregnant if you want.

Last edited:
Looks like there's actually a bug in the formula for daily pregnancy chances. The chance to conceive your first child is probably 3x lower than the devs intended. Interestingly though, because of the bug it seems the second child is 100% guaranteed to be conceived on the first night you spend together. The third child's conception chances are 3x greater than the first's. Fourth is half as likely as the first. It's a bit messy lol. I know the cause, and I'll make a bug report sometime soon.

To clear everything else up though, the only things that matter for pregnancy chances are as follows:
  1. Must be waiting together in the same settlement at the moment of the daily tick (when your income is tabulated). Does not matter if your spouse is in your party or the settlement. Villages don't count as settlements in this case, only castles and towns. You can actually leave the settlement as much as you want, as long as you are inside at the daily tick when it does the check.
  2. The female character must be between the ages of 18 and 45. Chances drop as the female gets older. Male age does not matter.
  3. The chances of pregnancy are supposed to drop with each successive child, but this isn't the case at the moment because of the bug.
  4. It should go without saying that the birth and death cycle needs to be enabled and the female character can't already be pregnant.
None of the other stuff matters. Relations do not affect it and it appears fertility was removed as a mechanic.

Edit: In the meantime, you can use the command "campaign.conceive_child" in the console to instantly get your spouse pregnant if you want.
The ?s really do get everywhere :wink: Thanks for digging em out for us!

Well folks he’s done it again. Nice finds, not sure if it’s still the case but I was also able to get my wife pregnant waiting at a Bandit camp lol. Also can definitely confirm 2nd prego is instant

Well folks he’s done it again. Nice finds, not sure if it’s still the case but I was also able to get my wife pregnant waiting at a Bandit camp lol. Also can definitely confirm 2nd prego is instant

for woman it's all about the mood, if she is in the mood, she will get pregnant anytime

I have left my brother and his wife in a city for 50+ days and still not pregnant, so disappointed and come back to pick them up ,then they magically bang it and get pregnant in a few days......

my poor brother.....

what mods do you play??
I play on version 1.5.6

The mod I use to improve relationship with my wife and all family and companions is called "fighting together relationship", after every battle you win all allies that fought with you relations will improve 1 or 2.

For getting children when I want I use a mod called "pregnancy control". Not sure how it works for female players but for males you can ask your wife or any high relationship companion female for sex and there is a configurable chance they will get pregnant. "Pregnancy control" is outdated for 1.5.6 but someone recompiled it for 1.5.4 or 1.5.5 in there mod called "dead mod pack" so get that on nexus and disable all other mods in dead mod pack in the launcher except pregnancy control cause they don't work anymore.

Married at 25, got my wifey pregnant after 3.5 years. She was in my party all this time.
Well I am glad you put up a time line. I have had my wife in party for around a year, year and a half now and was wondering what was going on with no pregnancies. I thought for sure the game was bugged or one of us was infertile or she just didn't like me or something.

Speak of that, one thing missing form the game is "illegitimate" children. Well all know nobles tended to be a bit premiscous so how come I can't get with someone NOT my wife and have a kid or two that way?

yeah, the first child really needs a lot of time. after the first, the second came very fast and i havnt waited in any settlement, that was just coming up. my thrid child is a bastard. she was in a town and was wandering the world and she got pregnant :xf-cry:

Back
Top Bottom