Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

Users who are viewing this thread

Amman de Stazia said:
from left to right, not front to back.  Ie, just through the fold of skin.

Yeah, not making quite sense here. The description contradicts the depiction.

Anyways, I don't understand why you went on a tangent about chivalry. Anyone who knows about medieval history should have the knowledge and understanding that it only applied to other nobility and was more of a suggestion than anything else.

Chivalry? It applied to knights too, but it's rather difficult to express "courtly love" in a saddle surrounded by a bunch of bloody dudes with a few arrows sticking out of you.  :lol:

Tostig said:
FrisianDude said:
I don't really understand the quote, what does he mean with 'thrust' in that sentence?
Stick your knife through the skin of his neck, as depicted.
That does no harm? :eek: Careful sticking then, I suppose. I always thought the neck was rather unprotected.

MadocComadrin said:
Chivalry? It applied to knights too, but it's rather difficult to express "courtly love" in a saddle surrounded by a bunch of bloody dudes with a few arrows sticking out of you.  :lol:

Well, almost all knights were nobility aside from some Crusader knights (including order knights).

Dryvus said:
Yeah, for a picture with blood spurting out of somebody's neck skin, they've got a pretty ****ty definition of 'harm'.

It's only a peasant, hardly anyone who matters.

tumblr_lhloxgf74H1qaxxvao1_400.gif

Bloody peasants!

You guys are getting off topic. The picture clearly depicts thrusting the knife through the chin/throat and seems to be rather fatal compared to the description of just cutting a fold of skin.

NovaTitan said:
You guys are getting off topic. The picture clearly depicts thrusting the knife through the chin/throat and seems to be rather fatal compared to the description of just cutting a fold of skin.
... Huh?

Blackthorn said:
NovaTitan said:
... Huh?

Weren't we discussing about this?
http://media.bibliothek.uni-augsburg.de/file/82787/618069313109.png

At least the peasant is happy about it all.

NovaTitan said:
Blackthorn said:
NovaTitan said:
... Huh?

Weren't we discussing about this?
http://media.bibliothek.uni-augsburg.de/file/82787/618069313109.png

At least the peasant is happy about it all.

Ah. It all depends on how long that knife is. It's clearly shown as cutting the flap of skin/fatty tissue just under the chin, and if it's only an eating knife, it's not really thrusting the thing up through his chin, just pricking and tearing, which fits the caption. Remember, the end of the knife profile can equally be the billhook-like double-hook we see on a lot of manuscripts, so not seeing a clear point doesn't mean there's a missing three inches shoved into his palate. I'd suspect he'd be smiling less.

Back
Top Bottom