Two questions

Users who are viewing this thread

First problem, im stuck with the Swedish with a Castle I can *barely* afford the upkeep on and I understand theres no major Swedish quest like there is for the Poles, Cossacks and Russians. However one of my companions (Karlsson) Is quite pro-Swedish and im not sure if he'd like me leaving the Swedes, so what do I do about this rather unfortunate situation?

Second, im currently not using a Horse, at all. I only have 2 or so points in riding, am level 20 and use a Two-handed sword, Pistol and Grenades. Would it be worth getting a horse?

Always use a horse for you and your companions, so you can move on the map faster.
Map Movement is based on horse riding if you have a horse.

Afterstar said:
Always use a horse for you and your companions, so you can move on the map faster.
Map Movement is based on horse riding if you have a horse.

I agree.  As far as the castle goes just pull most of your garrison out of the castle and let an enemy take it.  You dont loose face with the sweeds or Karlsson and you no longer have to pay for upkeep.  Its always good to bank some money before starting to conquer towns and castles if you intend to ask for ownership of any of them.  They can be expensive to maintain.  Also look at the quality of troops in your garrison.  You dont want to keep alot of top level troops just standing around protecting the walls when you can pay a lower class soilder to do the same thing for alot less.  Im not sure if it is the same in FaS but in M&B & warband it wasnt the quality of troops that detered an enemy from seiging your towns or castle but it was the number of troops in the garrison.    Im assuming its the same with this version but i could be wrong. 

I don't think town income is what it should be.  Considering you can trivially run a couple of no-risk caravans and make 70k in a few minutes, a town that requires investment, capture and defense should be something worth holding on to.

nox said:
Considering you can trivially run a couple of no-risk caravans and make 70k in a few minutes
That how it was in russian 1.136 version but after 1.139 patch max profit I managed to get from caravans was 10k. Maybe the code will get changed in English version for the next patch.

Ceriy said:
nox said:
Considering you can trivially run a couple of no-risk caravans and make 70k in a few minutes
That how it was in russian 1.136 version but after 1.139 patch max profit I managed to get from caravans was 10k. Maybe the code will get changed in English version for the next patch.

Even so, that's a few minutes of work for 10k.  Put in perspective, that 10k which is zero risk is more than the income from the usual fortress for a week.  Something is gravely amiss with that, since it leads to players having to grind those missions for cash rather than letting them reach a point where they are managing kingdoms.

Back
Top Bottom