Two questions: 1) How to (Clans) 2) Companion What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all!

OK I have searched for these questions and some were from a few versions ago, and others weren't overly helpful.

1) I finally have made my own Kingdom and survived the war with the Empire I broke from...and have peace. Now I have a Town and two Castles. I have 6 Companions, a Wife, no kids (no idea how...chicawoowow).
Clans: I have been able to talk to two Clans to come over to my Kingdom. But.. I can not afford to seal the deal. They ask for everything I have.. and I can't do that. When I was a part of the Kingdom I did spend some points to get these Clans some reputation... and so my Clan an theirs we good friends.
How to: So with all of that, how do I or how can I, get a Clan or three, to join my Kingdom without bankrupting me? Can brother somehow become his own Clan to join with me?

2) Companion what the hell: Ok I made two parties using my companions.. I gave them around 30 troops each and let them loose. They go all over nearly the entire map. They chase caravans, and sometimes even raid little villages... I'm watching this when I get a message and I run over there and talk to the dudes. I can't get them to patrol the Town or Castles I own. I have just disbanded them. I make a new Party and the same things would happen.

I had one Party get into a fight with some group or another and he was taken prisoner. I tracked him down using the Encyclopaedia of Heroes and such. I gallop over to that Town and talk to anyone that owns it or any Clans from that Kingdom and even the Faction Leader. I get no option to free him. I went to the Prisoner Swap guy to try to bail him out.. I can't. I know eventually he will either escape or be let loose at sometime or another. But it would be nice to be able to Ransom some of my Companions at some time.

As per question 1 above; Can I somehow turn a Companion into their own Clan? I have half of them running my properties now for me.

Thanks!

Shawn

hmm i cant be much help here because i never started a kingdom, but i can at least say, you can have kids if you spend time with your partner in a castle or town, like basically just wait there while they also wait there. and then keep an eye on the notifications in the corner if she gets pregnant

maybe the companions are obsessed with raiding because enemies are too prosperous and not getting harassed enough, that would be my guess, unless the enemy is at war with many. then it sounds bugged. it would have been really handy if you could start a feast in this case to keep them on a leash lol

1 Yeah they're greedy. Clans with no fiefs can be less greedy. Higher relations can help, but they're still expensive. Having a large power level will help too.
What is best is before turning into a kingdom just take lots of fiefs as a lone clan and make peace in between as needed. Nobody can declare war on you if you're just a clan (not a kingdom). Having lots of fiefs and good garrisons makes your power level bigger when you are a kingdom and it's attractive to clans.
Your brother can't become a clan. You could Higher minor faction to fight for you though. You have to find them on the map and talk to them.

2 Yeah that's about all you can do. I usually disband them during war so they don't raid. sucks.

1 - As AnandaShanti says, it depends on what settlements they hold. A landless clan can be very cheap - I've had one that was prepared to pay me a small amount to join. There's a little trick you can use, but circumstances need to be just right. If a clan you want to join you has one settlement left, siege and take that settlement - preferably while their leader is inside, without an army, or nearby where you can capture them just before or after taking the settlement. Ransom them if it's a city (or hope they escape quickly if a castle) - if you're still at the settlement, they'll appear there immediately. Talk to them and recruit them (cheaply, as they now have no land). If all things fall into place, you can recruit them in time to grant them their own fief back in the election, but now part of your kingdom.

2 - I probably have three uses for companion parties:

a) at time of peace, give your younger siblings about half their capacity of low level troops, let them recruit more, beat up bandits and level up some skills.

b) elder sibling/spouse (if one of the martial ones) - give them 60-70% 'mid range' or low-to-high spread of troops with space to recruit some more, usually at peace to beat up bandits, but to defend against raids in a sudden war declaration - calling them to an army if I want to siege or defend against a large incoming army.

c) Without companion armies, if I see a large battle between two other armies, opportunistically wait for one side to win - and have a large number of prisoners and a large number of wounded, with a remaining fighting force I can beat. Take them out, ending up with many more troops than I can control - put them immediately into one or two companion parties to get back to a settlement and reorganise, with newly acquired garrison forces and reserve parties.

Another good use of companion party, a bit different, is when you win a bunch of good troops from beating an enemy and you can't hold them, you can detach on the spot in a new part with companion, then if you disband them after moving away they should go to a garrison of yours.

Back
Top Bottom