Two problems with models in-game - seeking help.

Users who are viewing this thread

tansvanio

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So yeah, currently I have a couple items I wanna try out ingame (Axes, Spears and Helmets). I have the textures in the texture folder of my mod, the brfs are in the resources folder.  When I open the brfs all the materials and textures are there, I can see the models have the proper texture and everything is how it should be (in the brf files). So I went to the module ini and told it to load those files.

First problem - Some of the items appear white ingame without the texture even tough they appear with texture in the brf folder. I have no explanation for this.

Second problem - The helmets have the proper texture ingame however when I equip them my characters hair stays on even tough my helmet is equiped. This looks quite stupid becouse its like the mesh of the hair and the mesh of the helmet are crossing each other and only parts of the helmet are visible becouse the hair covers the rest. My only choice is to create a bald character. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you for your assistance,

Tansvanio

1. Check spelling in your brf files. OpenBrf is much more liberal than Warband when it comes to character case etc. It's a common problem, you can search the thread for more detail.

2. Check item flags in module_items. Maybe your helm has the itp_doesnt_cover_hair flag.

Alright I will see to it. Thank you for sending me the right direction!

EDIT: btw, what thread are you referring too? The open brf thread? or a specific thread about that problem

Sorry, I meant the forum. :smile:

Just run a search for "white items" or something along the lines, it should net you a lot of results.

White items usually means a double defined item. Maybe you copied a BRF file in order to modify one of its items and now the rest of the items (that were not modified or deleted) share the same name with the ones in the original file. Double check for double definitions.

What do you mean double definitions? are we talking a problem in the brf files or in the modual files?

EDIT: The problem with the helmets is fixed. Still cant figure out why the weapons are white tough.. the names have no caps lock, they are all different, and the weapons appear fine in the brfs..

EDIT2: I just remembered I have those brfs I am using backed up in another folder and they have the same name... maybe that is the source, but does that mean I cant have backups?

EDIT3: I tried deleting those files and the problem continued to exist.

Try to search with OpenBrf for your item, material and texture names - are there any duplicates, either in your mod folder or in commonres?

I had this problem when I wanted to create a new item. So I copied one whole weapons BRF file to my mod folder and added a new item. And I felt all the other items in place. After that all the items that were both in the CommonRes BRF files AND in my mod folder BRF were white when seen from afar, or up close. SI had to go in my mod BRF file and delete everything except my own object.

If you did something similar that might be the problem. Otherwise I don't know.

One more thing, is you openBRF set right? Is it pointing to you mod folder? So is it using the textures in you mod folder?

tansvanio said:
I solved all the problems by adding all the textures into one of the brf files... no idea how this solved it but it did
Loading order is important, next time just diagnose errors with the help of OpenBRF. Press
Code:
Ctrl+E
. Magic.

yeah, there were a couple duplicates  but when I solved them a lot of items lost texture. I have a couple unsolved duplicates as it is but its working good.

Back
Top Bottom