Two Handed Weapons shouldn't be faster than One Handed Weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

If by 2h you refer for example to a long/heavy menavlion, or axe/bardiche; yes... they should be slower. By pure logic of how the weight of the materials affects the handling (I just opened a thread commenting this).

However, there are 2h weapons that for obvious reasons (size, weight, materials) should have an agility in their handling and therefore remain fast. This is the case of the falx and highland two-handed sword; these weapons are (or should be) fast in their handling due to their construction.

Therefore, they should all be slowed down? I say it depends.

If by 2h you refer for example to a long/heavy menavlion, or axe/bardiche; yes... they should be slower. By pure logic of how the weight of the materials affects the handling (I just opened a thread commenting this).

However, there are 2h weapons that for obvious reasons (size, weight, materials) should have an agility in their handling and therefore remain fast. This is the case of the falx and highland two-handed sword; these weapons are (or should be) fast in their handling due to their construction.

Therefore, they should all be slowed down? I say it depends.
I agree with you Terco, this is just another case of gameplay vs. realism. And I believe that in this case realism will make more sense because of the visual stimulance the size, weight etc. a two-handed swords gives. Besides if you carry a one handed sword you can wield a shield if you're having a hard time countering 2handers.

I agree with you Terco, this is just another case of gameplay vs. realism. And I believe that in this case realism will make more sense because of the visual stimulance the size, weight etc. a two-handed swords gives. Besides if you carry a one handed sword you can wield a shield if you're having a hard time countering 2handers.

I don't want to sidetrack the 2h topic. However, as an aside and in relation to what you have said, there are inconsistencies in various weapons due to the same aspect/weapon construction relationship.

For example, maces. They should never be more manageable than a one-handed sword; basically because of their point of balance. The 1h maces (imagine the 2h...jessss) have their Pob at the opposite end, where all the mass is concentrated and therefore its recovery is much slower after a swing because it needs more energy. On the other hand a 1h sword (and 2h too) has its pob normally above the wrist.

Well the truth is that we have cases like western hammer with a surprising 95 handling and western mace with 94. This is madness XD.

And returning to the 2h track. I share again the video, because it is a palpable visual document that this weapon can never have the performance as such that it currently has in the game (heavy/long menavlion).

Falx is the most broken weapon imo atm. 105 speed is absurd, especially with the speed of the troop using it. You can spam any class, especially with the animation glitch. Some guy yesterday used falx and animation glitch and killed 3 guys (including me) just in the durations of our attack animation. It was so weird.

I call BS on this. There is a reason 1hs are used on the duel server and not 2hs
That reason has nothing to do with twohanders having crushthrough and being considered a major **** move to use right now. trust me

and most competitive players will practice with 1handers because its a more useful skill for them to have.

That reason has nothing to do with twohanders having crushthrough and being considered a major **** move to use right now. trust me

and most competitive players will practice with 1handers because its a more useful skill for them to have.
Don't even put crush in the equation, that garbage doesn't belong on all 2h's. If it's still there by next patch, i really don't know what the **** TW is doing.

I'm not talking about competitive players. I'm talking about duels in general. In warband you had a big amount of players playing with a 2h despite it being complete **** in competitive.

Bannerlord isn't being used by either

Don't even put crush in the equation, that garbage doesn't belong on all 2h's. If it's still there by next patch, i really don't know what the **** TW is doing.

I'm not talking about competitive players. I'm talking about duels in general. In warband you had a big amount of players playing with a 2h despite it being complete **** in competitive.

Bannerlord isn't being used by either
Most of the people on duel are competitive players.

Falx is the most broken weapon imo atm. 105 speed is absurd, especially with the speed of the troop using it. You can spam any class, especially with the animation glitch. Some guy yesterday used falx and animation glitch and killed 3 guys (including me) just in the durations of our attack animation. It was so weird.
I respect that you think that; but let me tell you that you cannot imagine how light this weapon is. I think those weapon values are within plausible terrain; maybe the problem is the class itself which is too fast?

Notice how little force compensates in recovery (yes, this is very geeky :lol: )

I respect that you think that; but let me tell you that you cannot imagine how light this weapon is. I think those weapon values are within plausible terrain; maybe the problem is the class itself which is too fast?

Notice how little force compensates in recovery (yes, this is very geeky :lol: )

Once again, realism excuse on a game is a terrible argument. Not only is this game far from being realistic, but gameplay should be above "realism". You can't have a Fast, Long, and Strong weapon at the same time, it's simply broken.

Once again, realism excuse on a game is a terrible argument. Not only is this game far from being realistic, but gameplay should be above "realism". You can't have a Fast, Long, and Strong weapon at the same time, it's simply broken.

Well, anyway, I guess this is the end of our conversation, then. :iamamoron:

I suggest watching this video about the topic which should be faster.

It might be longer and heavier but you are using it with two hands which increases muscle usage therefore might make it faster. And second hand makes the movement more balanced.

In my opinion it can be fast, long and strong because you can't use shields with it therefore you are vulnarable to projectiles and you must be skilled at blocking.

Last edited:
A one hand/shield isn't for dueling, it's for teamwork. If you're not stabbing someone in the back, you're doing it wrong.

People hate it when noobs turtle up, but that's what they are supposed to do. Shield walls would fight for hours until one side would gain the advantage and could get behind the shields. Then the battle ended quickly.

The nice thing about Bannerlord is that with the 4d shield, you can actually practice your blocking with little risk.

So just play your class the way it's supposed to be played.

Back
Top Bottom