Two Handed: Sword vs Axe ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Long Gravie is the best weapon in this game, invincible, the BEST weapon, indisputable truth

long, big swing, no one can defend from one big swing

It certainly is in open battle. Less so in closed spaces where you end up hitting walls, doors, balustrades, empty barrels etc. Some of the top tier short swords do better in that space, or the real best weapon in the game - the Noble bow with piercing arrows.

It certainly is in open battle. Less so in closed spaces where you end up hitting walls, doors, balustrades, empty barrels etc. Some of the top tier short swords do better in that space, or the real best weapon in the game - the Noble bow with piercing arrows.
agreed, when in siege battle, I always use one hand swords with shield,

I just hate siege battle, after one year release of this game, they still didn't fix the bugs for crowds stuck at the ladder, soldiers just standing there doing nothing, they can't even climb the ladder, so what's the point for siege ??? you can only attack through the high tower,

basically it comes down to a few things :

Reach -- Axe wins
Damage -- Axe wins and there's perk
Speed - Sword wins and there's perk
Bonus Axe have Bonus damage to shields (also the falx). Swords can block arrows. And Swords have a thrust attack

Overall. Axe is probably more versatile but the swing speed bonus and ability to block ranged attacks mean swords have a higher skill ceiling

Well falx and romphala are shield breaking weapons and fast. If you want to use a 2h sword it's defnitley the falx than. If you Smith yourself a falx it can have a reach of 155 with 155dmg and 88-90 swing speed which is huge. If you want to cleave, I would use a two handed mace instead of an axe, since it ignores Armour and because axes are to slow for shield breaking.

All in all the long glaive is the best weapon(on a open field) since the AI can't efficiently react on the weapon length and just run unguarded into your swing. Second to that the spear head of the long glaive has a ridiculous light weight(still after a year I don't get that, a 4.9x modifier to cut but a weight of 0.5?!? = compared with the best 2h axe head 3.3xmodifier to cut and 1. weight)

Is there a good two handed mace to buy? The ones I have found are pretty low tier and do low damage.

Is there a good two handed mace to buy? The ones I have found are pretty low tier and do low damage.
sadly no. even with mods i managed to find one with maces, they are still short and not that strong. you'll need another armor mod that makes blunt damage type a lot stronger than the rest to make mace worth using.

personally I would craft a 2h polearm with long glaive head. a hook thing that can dismount cavalry, and a couchable shaft. hopefully get one with at least +5 to swing speed and you are golden. make it at least 220 length.

you can 1h it and it could dismount,
you can couch
you can 2h swing it
it's longer than most weapons

Back
Top Bottom