Two-Handed Speed Nerf When?

Users who are viewing this thread

While I totally support that Two-Handers should deal more damage and should be a bit longer, they should NEVER be faster than One-Handed Weapons, which is the case right now.
As far back as I can remember, in Mout & Blade, traditionally, the effectiveness of a duel is decided by athletics in first, and not by the weapon or his character's melee skill. And, of course, I will not say anything new: the heavier the character, the longer the weapon he needs for a comfortable 1 vs 1 duel in an open area.

The one-handed sword has always been and remains a versatile weapon against any other melee weapon.

Keep in mind that if you go up against a light infantryman with a two-handed sword 1 vs 1, he will simply win the duel, keeping his distance, if he is not a noob.

I tested standard one-handed swords in a duel against two-handed swords with equal armor weight and unit class - everything is balanced no worse than a Warband. Also I noticed that the classes in Bannerlord differ significantly from each other than in Warband. For example, a Kusaite archer with heavy armor and a short saber has almost no chance against an infantryman with a two-handed sword.

I have three doctorates one in engineering one in physics, don't talk to me about physics bro. Sad!
You have three doctorates, and still time to be a forum warrior on a PG game?! Aren't highly intellecutal individuals as yourself overqualified for such an environment? Also, don't call me bro, freak.

As far back as I can remember, in Mout & Blade, traditionally, the effectiveness of a duel is decided by athletics in first, and not by the weapon or his character's melee skill. And, of course, I will not say anything new: the heavier the character, the longer the weapon he needs for a comfortable 1 vs 1 duel in an open area.

The one-handed sword has always been and remains a versatile weapon against any other melee weapon.

Keep in mind that if you go up against a light infantryman with a two-handed sword 1 vs 1, he will simply win the duel, keeping his distance, if he is not a noob.

I tested standard one-handed swords in a duel against two-handed swords with equal armor weight and unit class - everything is balanced no worse than a Warband. Also I noticed that the classes in Bannerlord differ significantly from each other than in Warband. For example, a Kusaite archer with heavy armor and a short saber has almost no chance against an infantryman with a two-handed sword.
1. If ur good at duelling in Warband, the weapon doesn't decide the outcome. 2. On Bannerlord u don't really need any skill to win duels... u can just swing-s*key-swing-s*key and u'll get kills, because weapons like the bastard swords and the voulge just outspam everything. U basically using an admin sword at this point.

Interesting... I'd like to try this out myself. I played so much warband and I remember that 2 handers would often wiff/bump off opponents if they were used in too close a range - therefore if you were using a 1hander it was in your best interest to keep in their faces in stifle opponents using these weapons. In contrast I have found that in Bannerlord I've starched people in phone booth range using 2 handed axes/glaives/menavs etc. it looks comical and feels crazy unbalanced but there we are. That said I think then problems are made a lot worse in Bannerlord by how some of the shock troops comically glide across then map at light speed whilst it looks like ranged units are stuck in quicksand.

Interesting... I'd like to try this out myself. I played so much warband and I remember that 2 handers would often wiff/bump off opponents if they were used in too close a range - therefore if you were using a 1hander it was in your best interest to keep in their faces in stifle opponents using these weapons. In contrast I have found that in Bannerlord I've starched people in phone booth range using 2 handed axes/glaives/menavs etc. it looks comical and feels crazy unbalanced but there we are. That said I think then problems are made a lot worse in Bannerlord by how some of the shock troops comically glide across then map at light speed whilst it looks like ranged units are stuck in quicksand.
I think it's kinda the other way around. I've played both games alot now, and I find that u bounce off much more on Bannerlord, than u did on Warband. Omo ofc.

I think it's kinda the other way around. I've played both games alot now, and I find that u bounce off much more on Bannerlord, than u did on Warband. Omo ofc.
! Really? I feel like I've almost never wiffed using a 2hander in Bannerlord. Maybe we should try it out on a duel server at some point? Just like - run in close to each other as possible with 2 handers and polearms and see if we can get them to glance as an experiment?

This is not the case, like, not at all. The effective range of motion with swords is by my estimation one-third larger than it was in Warband. For reference you can check posts about turncap and everything related. This means that if you bounce off you must be extremely out of position. Nonetheless, would be nice to see if anyone has footage of experiments with bounce offs.

The only bounces I've noticed is on the voulgier, the base of the weapon fluffs more reliably than anything else. Which is fine, but the same isn't true of the silly greataxe or menavlions so feels slightly unfair.

1h don't fluff at all.

Back
Top Bottom