In Progress Two handed polearm couching bug BETA 1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I crafted a two handed polearm with the two handed and couch abilities and when i load into a battle and try to couch with it it forces me to swap to only my shield when i press X. if i swap to my sword and shield and put my shield away it works fine, so if i have a shield active the couch ability doesnt work. furthermore if i scroll back to my polearm after it forces me to shield it acts as if i am couching and i cant un couch. and sometimes my shield is equipped with the 2 handed polearm. overall it just kinda screwy, i couldnt find some game breaking tech so its not a terrible glitch i just have to back scroll my shield before i try to couch my polearm

How to Reproduce: find a 2 handed polearm that can couch and try to couch while u have a shield and sword in your inventory also

Have you used cheats and if so which: nope
Scene Name (if related):

Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: Intel Iris XE
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Intel core i7-1165G7
RAM: 16Gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

hay so i would like to make a fallow up post to this one that fallows the same lines, the problem i encountered above persists to 1.6.2 beta and ive done some testing of my own. i used cheats to see the full inventory of the game and looked and noticed that no a single generic two handed polearm had the couched lance property, meaning ether it was |two handed| no couch or |one handed| |two handed| |couch lance|. meaning with generic items given in the game the problem i ran into would never happen. the only way to do this was through crafting, some shafts would give it the |one handed| |two handed| Couched lance| properties, and some heads require two hands, thus removing the |one handed| property (such heads as the Warrazor head does this). what this does it it makes a exclusively |two handed| weapon with the |couched lance| ability, a combination that doesn't exist in the game normally. i think that due to this being the only way to get those two properties together and alone, it interferes with the way couched lance was programed to work and the game gets confused. i will be sending in a new save file (i suspect i sent in the wrong one) alone with this post. hopefully this helps.

Back
Top Bottom