Two biggest problems for me in 1.3 beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

I got all the way to day 475 and started my own kingdom.

Lets say i save my games in a format of Bob1, Bob2, Bob3 etcetc. My day 475 save was on Bob6. Had to go to bed last night. So exited the game. This morning i try to load up the Bob6 save. Crashes to desktop. Auto save at the time was like day 470. Tried loading that. CTD. Tried loading Bob5, which was on day 375, that works. Okay so only 3 hours wasted. Decided to random make a new save Bob7...day 402. Try to load...CTD.

Anything after day 400 causes CTD. So either the day is causing me to CTD or i reached that hardcapped load amounts(45 load bug). Not really sure which. Ill test after i post this and update when i try the day 375 save. and save it on day 376 or something.

EDIT: Made a new save test1, loaded from bob5(day 375) and took it to day 376. Saved and the game loaded up just fine on day 376. Its def aftyer day 400. Also side note the Bob7 save is day 405 and the auto save is day 402. Both fail and CTD.

2nd problem. Whenever i successfully persuade a lord/family to join me a random amount of time passes and it defects. Could be within a day or last a few days but no amount of lengthy time. So if i follow the lord, he defects talk to him and attempt to pursuade again and they immediately rejoin without any persuasion checks. Defect, rejoin over and over again.

This is a fresh 1.3 beta game and i dont run any mods.

I do know player kingdoms aren't fully implemented and what is there doesn't really work, they haven't since the game came out in EA.

Care to explain the 45 load bug though?

I do know player kingdoms aren't fully implemented and what is there doesn't really work, they haven't since the game came out in EA.

Care to explain the 45 load bug though?

Well i got an old save from a few patches ago and got a kingdom up and running and was able to gte a few lords to join me and they ddint do this infiniate loop or defect, rejoin defect rejoin. Could be a 1.3 issue.

Well its not the 45 load bug as i just tested it. It was a old problem that if you loaded a save 45 times it woudl corrupt the save and cause a CTD.

Anything after day 400 causes CTD. So either the day is causing me to CTD or i reached that hardcapped load amounts(45 load bug). Not really sure which. Ill test after i post this and update when i try the day 375 save. and save it on day 376 or something.
I'm having this CTD problem as well. I didn't notice that it had anything to do with days, but now that you bring that up I have one at 383 days that CTD, but the one before it at ~250 days is fine. So it looks like the threshold is somewhere between 376 to 383 then.

I'm having this CTD problem as well. I didn't notice that it had anything to do with days, but now that you bring that up I have one at 383 days that CTD, but the one before it at ~250 days is fine. So it looks like the threshold is somewhere between 376 to 383 then.

I should just let my save game from 375 go and randomly make a new save to see where it starts fudging up.

Split the difference and try 380 first. I'd try myself, but the previous working save is over 100 days from that so I don't want to sit there and wait that long haha.

So i made a buncha saves as the day progressed.

The bugged(bob7) one is on day 405. CTD.

Test13 is on day 406 and loads just fine. Infact all the test saves i did up today 406 load fine. The only difference is location and what ive been doing ion game. On the Bob7 save ive been going around killing looters and bandits. On my test saves ive just been sitting in my town letting time pass.

The only other thing i can think of is forming 2 parties. Ill test that enxt.

I have an old non 1.3.0 save that stuck on day 1000, but I dont remember it being day 1000 when I last played it. Just started a new game an hour ago with 1.3.0 interesting to see how far it goes.

I lost both my auto and manual saves on day 247. ( lost = ctd )
Hard to suspect what might cause it , since i did quite a few 'major' things before i had to load again..
These include getting married , reaching clan tier 3 , upgrading from merc to vassal with the khuzhait and the very last thing was getting a rare mount from tournament. Maybe my wife caught a bugged kid ? Also , i remember that last time i left , i had just created an army with just my party and my wife's. She hadn't reached me yet but i signed her up.
Just putting those here in case you guys had something in common.

Going to miss that save , just when the real fun was about to begin...
Sadly i have no backup to load , which is my bad , so i can't help with testing...

Ive been doing tests of all kinds. My bugged save the only real difference between the ones that are working is the bugged one ive just been leveling up my troops by killing looters.

I cant replicate the cause of the ctd on the bugged save.

Is there a place to load my save files at or debug them myself?

Actually this is something I wonder if the hotfix broke the save system, I made a similar post about this here but it got move. I had never had corrupted savefile before, even on longer campaign. But I started a new campaign, and it was fine with prior to the hotfix. I saved the game and agian, later when I came back that save loaded fine. But when I overwrite it post patch, I can't load it again, and the auto-save also corrupted. That campaign was still quite short, I don't think it was over a year yet.

So this is more something like the patch broke the save.

Yeah, I'm getting CTDs on multiple different campaigns. Both ones started after the 1.3.0 hotfix and those made before, but saved over in the current patch. It doesn't seem to be tied to anything in particular as far as in game activity.

Is there a place to load my save files at or debug them myself?
Not that I know of. The best bet I think would be to file a bug report in the support forum, but I have a feeling they are working on it already.

Ya but its wierd im making test saves after every battle or so. Im up to test7. Ive gone all the way around the edge of the map. Worked fine. I save then load to see if its corrupt. I just got back to my town, sold and bought food, then saved(its day 405) then tried to laod it and it ctd on me. Other saves where i did nothing but sat in the castle till past day 400 still work fine.

Im going to try the auto save and see if it works.

I'm hoping killing all the lords prevents this, only on day 120 something though, almost done with executing the northern empire.

Its not tied to any action apparently. Just randomly corrupts saves.

2zub4vskggv41.jpg

Wow, that's definitely my worst nightmare. Have you tested rolling back to 1.2.1 and seeing if your saves work?

On your side note I make sure to spend the 50 influence option on every new lord I recruit to get them to 100 relation. Not totally certain... but pretty sure relation makes a big difference on whether they defect or not. If you picked all the ruler options you should have a fair bit of influence to blow anyways

Honestly I was even having some problems with the 1.2 build, I suggest only playing on the 1.1 build unless you don't mind losing progress/testing stuff.

I played a longer game where I started fresh with 1.3 (before the hotfix). I decided to try a trader, got to trading 220 and then called it a day. The next day I was not able to load any of my saves from that run, they would all crash to desktop. I added in a mod during that run(attribute point per level), so I thought that was the reason for the crashes, but now it seems there is another issue...I will save more often in this run now :smile:

Back
Top Bottom