TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, the page is designed to allow you to upload images even if you don't allow it to store cookies. They're just a convenience for someone who wants that little extra

I didn't check yesterday but I don't have any problem now.
This image is uploaded at 04.04.2022 19:36 GMT+3
jpz4i.jpg

It works weird for me too. The most recent uploads are displayed correctly and I was able to post them, but the ones from previous dates don't appear in the post where published (something like 92ld-.jpg) and when I open the image in a tab there is no loading or display.

On the other hand, if I take the URL of an old image, then it is true that I can't paste it into a new post. Here is an example (https://tw.greywool.com/i/92Id-.jpg)

It's a pity because that server for hosting images is very useful for me, I use it a lot when posting and complementing with images...

Today, it is weird for me too like Terco_Viejo described.
There is a temporary solution to add these images into new posts; which is using img tags manually.
Code:
[IMG]https://tw.greywool.com/i/92Id-.jpg[/IMG]
92Id-.jpg

Nevermind it is not working... I wonder how my signature gif is still working.

Someone messaged me. Apparently the forum had dropped the "Email me on every new reply on this thread plz" thing. I did a change, as far as I can tell it's working fine now. Can others confirm?

Edit:
The host did a PHP update thing on 21st of March, but I did check the twim page itself, didn't check if the posted images were actually showing up here, so that may've been it. Also, this thread has an "Unwatch" button on it, so I'm guessing I'm watching it. Not getting emails about it though. Probably something in the settings

Edit edit:
Okay, couldn't find where to do that without enabling email messages to replies to *every* thread I've ever interacted with. If **** breaks again, please toss a PM and I'll get to it ASAP.

Last edited:
And I got an email about that message. Guess I had been quiet too long and the forum decided "Lol you not getting emails anymore."

There is no option to receive a notification for every reply in a thread. You will receive a notification for the first new reply, then, you will not receive any further notifications until you visit the thread again. After that, it will again notify you of the next new reply.

Okay, my host finally started to question the use of TWim.

We've noticed some content on your account that might run afoul of our Acceptable Use Policy and wanted to draw your attention to it:

tw.greywool.com/i on [server url] (107.51 GiB)

The storage on our servers is designed specifically for hosting websites and their associated content. It's not well suited to being used as a backup solution or other general-use storage solution. That can include (but is not limited to!) using the web server as method of delivering files not intended for website use.

The bad news is that we have to ask you to delete this content from your server within the next days or migrate it over to our DreamObjects service before 2024-02-03.

Unfortunately, we cannot allow the data we cited above to continue to live on your current web service. We'd prefer that you move the data off yourself at a time that's convenient for you, but if you take no action we will delete the data above in days. Please let us know what you plan to do. Please note, we will try our best to ensure your data is not deleted before the date listed above, and your reply is appreciated.

If you feel that we're wrong about your content (hey, it happens!), please contact us with details so that we can investigate the matter for you and take appropriate action.

I have contacted them yesterday with details to what these files are actually for, but no response so far. I'm under the process of backing up all the files, I've already talked to some people who will be able to host these again, presuming things go down the worst path. If that happens, there might be a day or two of downtime while I chuck the images to the new host (and potential DNS change delays), but I will still be doing my best to keep all the images online.

Oh yeah, I should really ask if any one of you is still using this page. I do have the option to disable further uploading and just have it as a repository of all the images posted so far (just so y'alls don't just run into a barrage of 404s on all the threads).

I upload things when I remember to use this and not imgur, which combined with how often I upload images to this forum is maybe... once every 3 to 6 months?

Offering to keep it up as an archive is already far more than I would personally expect - which is 0. I'm sure others will have more valuable input on this than I do, I just wanted to post to say thank you for keeping this up for all these years, whatever you chose to do now :smile:

That email from the host seems a bit passive aggressive... :lol:

I'm sorry to say I haven't used Twim in a long time. I loved it, it was my favorite place to upload images for years. These days, though, most of my personal photos automatically upload to Google Photos, and Steam handles my gaming screenshots, so I haven't used Twim the way I used to.

I tried to check activity by checking how many images were uploaded in the last few months, seems like it's around one image a day range. Still enough for me to try to keep up with the effort of hosting and uploads, despite me not having much of an involvement in the whole forum business for years now.

Back
Top Bottom