TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Users who are viewing this thread

Europe's major problems: immigration, unemployment, terrorism, low wages, corruption
Issues of concern to European politicians: Article 13

Well, that's what happens when you put dinosaurs to legislate on what they don't know or ****ing know. No matter (if / when) the big internet companies leave or brutally limit their portfolio of services in Europe they start to realize the subnormality they have done.

The European Parliament has voted against progress, progress, the future... tomorrow they will vote in favour of homeopathy, of removing the compulsory vaccinations and that in schools pupils can decide their education freely between terraplanism and terrasferism.

The end is near.gif

Glad at last Adoorknob spotted the option :party:

I expected it to be caught a lot sooner. It was something I came up with on the spot, with no prior planning, past midnight and somewhat drunk. Found an A13 related email to someone on twitch, removed all twitch references and/or made 'em more vague, then 'shopped' it onto my email client. Accidentally had left the original email address it came from (my backup one) for starters, but fixed that after couple hours. Also, Francis Morgan might have been a reference. :razz:

Calling it off a bit early as I want to sod off to bed. Would like to reassure that TWim'll be up for as long as I'm alive and/or however long I can keep on paying for the hosting. And as for kitter, she is 18 and did go for a vet visit earlier this year, only to get "For her age, she's in a remarkably good condition". :3

rGBim.jpg

I was considering backing up everything I ever uploaded of importance to TWim and sending some colorful emails to the people supposed to represent my country at the EU, so you got me at the first half.

Thank you for your service and long live kitter  :smile:

A hoy.

Turns out something on my server was updated and the image resizing (and thumbnail generating) part kind of broke around start of May, somehow nobody informed me of this.
Thanks to this, some people seem to have uploaded files several hundred megabytes in size, which won't exactly make some people glad, especially if they're browsing the forum on a slower/metered net.

But it should be fixed now, and thumbnails retroactively generated.

On conveniently timely notes, time to find out if I'll be able to afford to keep the hosting up for another year. It's a harsh maybe on my own wallet, but with any luck some people who still use it might have an extra dollar or two to share. Link is in the usual place on the bottom right of the TWim page.

Honestly, if it's going to put a crimp in your wallet, I'd say don't do it. I like TWim, I've used it a lot over the years, but depending on how many people still use it, it might make more sense for you to not pay for another year of hosting. I assume you can see how many visitors the site gets per month or whatever, so you'll be in a better position to make that call than me. I'm just saying, if there aren't that many people using it anymore, don't feel guilty about pulling the plug.

Looks like we reached our goal - hooray for teamwork, and thanks again Jace for all of the effort that you put into making this bloated corpse of a dead forum a better place! <3

Yeah, that filled in remarkably quickly. Within two days of posting the message. The problem isn't even the current users, it's more about all the images hosted on it for the last... eight years or so. The whole goal of TWim was to keep everything accessible for however long things keep running. So far it's been possible, thanks to you people.

You should make an archive of every image on there and share it for prosterity. Although there must be absolute smearloads worth of personal selfies and say cheese smears on there. A smeared minefield of unconsented download smears.

Have looked into it for the last 6 hours, it's deep enough a rabbit hole that it'll have to wait 'til Desert Bus for Hope 2019 is over.

Until then, seems like the largest image you can upload is 120kB. Sorry. But it's just one week out of the whole year.

Though my guesstimate is that after DB it'll be fixing itself.

Edit: Chucked in a support ticket about it, with any luck the host's staff might be able to help with ideas and suggestions.

Edit 2: As some of you may've noticed, things seem to have been fixed.
Got this as a response to my ticket:
The problem was that the modsec_tmp folder was full. It has been cleared now and you should be able to upload the files.

Please try and let us know if further assistance is needed.

Back
Top Bottom