TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Users who are viewing this thread

As is traditionTM, I've added a (very useless) new feature to TWim for Xmas.

In fact, I think this feature will be useless for 99.9999% of use cases, and pointless to over 99% of the users. The only use *I* can think for it is for avatar uses.

The gist of it is, if you add image names, comma separated, without extension, it'll basically work as an image randomiser.

Practical example:

Code:
https://tw.greywool.com/i/wJsNX,0P4Ra,BSHnk
results in:

(You'll need to load it several times to spot it changing)
https://tw.greywool.com/i/wJsNX.gif
wJsNX.gif

https://tw.greywool.com/i/0P4Ra.gif
0P4Ra.gif

https://tw.greywool.com/i/BSHnk.gif
BSHnk.gif

So yeah. Have at it, if you can think of a use for it. :razz:
They don't all need to be the same file format nor the same size or anything. Though for avatar use, it'd be good to keep 'em to the size limits the forum prefers.

"Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6."
"You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites."

halp

You're getting the problem too? If so, answer the other bits too. Can't fix this unless I know what's in common with everyone who's getting the errors. Also, is it an error every time or does one slip through every so often?

Same as Havoc for the test, but the upload works.
Everything about it is excruciatingly low though. Reaching the site, uploading and loading stuff others have uploaded.
As in they usually crap out when embedded here and I have to open them in a new tab.

Dunno if that helps you trouble shoot :razz:

Win 10, Chrome, Germany.

Chucking this here to keep things in one place:
Lord Brutus said:
Where do I live?    USA
Browser?    Chrome
OS?            Windows 10

test-ipv6 Results:

"Your IPv6 address on the public Internet appears to be xxxx:mad:xxx:mad:xxx:mad:xxx:mad:xxx:mad:xxx:mad:xxx:mad:xx

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) appears to be xxxx

Since you have IPv6, we are including a tab that shows how well you can reach other IPv6 sites. [more info]

Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have no access to the IPv6 Internet, or is not configured to use it. This may in the future restrict your ability to reach IPv6-only sites. [more info]
Your readiness score
9/10 for your IPv6 stability and readiness, when publishers are forced to go IPv6 only"

Also, I recently installed a new version of MalwareBytes.

So... So far it's been only Win10 users on Chromium-based browsers. Not location based and seems to fail for people with and without IPv6 support.
Anyone with that combo for whom TWim works without issues?

All I can personally tell is that it works fine on Win7 with Goanna-based browser :razz:

Those who are having problems, please snag this (It's a portable installation, just extract it into a folder, run the portable .exe, try TWim and delete the folder afterwards. It won't leave any traces of itself anywhere. And of course report results!

Oh yeah. Everyone who are having problems: Does it matter whether you drag'n'drop into main window, the tiny popup-uploadbox or using the "Upload files..." button?

J said:
Okay, so it's not Brutus alone. I recently enabled IPv6 for the page. Do you have it? Also, which browser, OS and where do you live?
Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.
You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.
Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

Firefox, Windows 8, Finland. I had a couple of those errors but managed to get the screenshot uploaded on the third try.

Hm. Potentially good news. Tested with SRWare Iron (which is basically Chrome with the spyware removed) on Win7, getting a ~40% failure rate on uploads. Those for whom it's failing, do you get the error every time, even if you keep trying for, say, ten times?

Edit: Okay, asked someone else with Win10 & Chrome 57 to test it, 100% success working rate for them. So that's not a guaranteed way to get it to fail...

What kinda security software do you folks run? Hoping to find some kinda missing link here..
Also. Browser versions, please?

Edit edit: Monty Has a 100% fail rate too, it seems. On Win7/FF52 (and every other browser too). So goodbye only common link. :razz:

With additional testing, I've become 83% certain that it's due to the IPv6 address adding. I've disabled it now, so as soon as the DNS info propagates, things SHOULD return back to normal. Might take a day or two, depending.

Back
Top Bottom