[TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

AfLIcTeD said:
You just need to change the -4. What it does is take away 4 levels from the AI_poor_troop_level (which I believe is level 24) so basically you can train troops from level 20. So if you change the -4 to 0 you will train troops from lvl 24, which is most t3 units. If you go into the other tweaks thread you will find the txt version there if you want to do it that way.

I tried the txt version but I don't have the same strings of text so I couldn't find what to change that's why I was asking how to do it this way.

So I assume I have to change it to -0 because removing the - gives me error codes when I run the app, and that would allow me to train till maximum?

Thank you in advance for replying

kalarhan said:
Dionaea said:
So I assume I have to change it to -0

24 - 4 = 20
put any value you want there, like

Code:
(le, ":troop_level", 999999999999),  #train everything

you choose what level is the limit

But if I do that and remove the "-"  then I get a syntax error when I run the program Isn't that a problem?

When putting it at 0, it did fully train my Frisians to the highest tier which is the third tier and has level 25 when I speak to the unit and ask to see it's skills

Or do I also have to remove the words:  AI_Poor_Troop_Level ?

I have a new question, regarding the AI behaviour in battles.

Is there a way to stop the AI from using the formations?

I just want them to charge in against my formation head on, especially during refuge or camp battles. Because the AI movement always makes your formations turn and move to the side etc... and ruins your carefully placing them in a way to plug the entrance with a shieldwall (your formations end up next to the entrance or half the men outside etc...) If you can force the AI to charge head on without formation your own formation should stay in place.

Which file would I have to alter?

News Update:

new official patch for VC (2.044) released a few weeks ago

no plans to update the tool for VC 2.044 at this time

game source (modsys) for 2.044 is available on TW website

kalarhan said:
Dionaea said:
Is there a way to stop the AI from using the formations?

AI code is not simple to mess with, but yes, you can alter it as the formations code is all handled on the modsys (not engine). You have a few options on the camp menu for that, if they are not what you are looking for, then visit the [Q&A modding thread] to discuss this.

Link https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Cheers

Thank you I'll look into it

There's a line in the patch notes for 2.044 that makes me wonder if it might be worth updating for 2.036 and try to redo the tweaks myself.

- fix $players_kingdom that is somehow 0

What could this mean for my previous attempts to make defecting lords change to using current faction troops? Could it mean it might work for player's faction as well?

King Yngvar said:
What could this mean for my previous attempts to make defecting lords change to using current faction troops? Could it mean it might work for player's faction as well?

compare the vanilla code between patches (2.044 and 2.036 as a example) to see what was changed/updated. You can use a tool like Winmerge to make that easier.

News Update:

new patch for VC (2.054) is available.

the source code IS availabe for modders. Check TW website as usual.

no plans to update the tool for VC 2.054 at this time

Last edited:
SO I am having an issue getting the tweaks.ini to take effect in game. I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I've got the python path set correctly, the tweaks.ini compiles fine, but when I go into game all the tweaks that I've made adjustments to don't register. Now I was able to edit some of the settings in the Module configuration and those settings have taken effect. When I load the game it says the tweaks have been implemented but they aren't working in game. Could really use some help with this.

Warning: I am a fully-fledged peasant in actual coding, never touched python until today, and am lost (and cold, and hungry, and can hear howling nearby)
So, all I want is to add the "village recruits from current faction" tweak. But I can't, for the sake of Zorg, get any tutorial (this one included) to work on my module... I play VCReforged 2.0 (?), is that the issue? If yes, what do I do? Where do I begin ;-;
Jokes aside, how and which (files) did you change for that tweak?

Back
Top Bottom