Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kironos said:
Quick question: is there a way of changing the characters' bodies back to how they were in Warband?

That would be working with skins/skeletons I think, which I've never done. You'd be better asking in the modders Q&A thread in the Forge forum section. I'd imagine it won't be a quick and easy job though.

any idea how to make viking bandits spawn more or make them 100+ since for some reason the raiders and swedish vikingr are so few unlike last time they were 40+ now its 10-20

Yep, use either MB Barracks or Morgh's editor to open the party-templates file and you can edit how many/what type of guys are in each party type.

kraggrim said:
Yep, use either MB Barracks or Morgh's editor to open the party-templates file and you can edit how many/what type of guys are in each party type.

so i went to party templates northmen were steppe bandits so i change num_parties_created to 200  num_parties_destroyed 0 num_parties_destroyed_by_player 16 i tried this but i can't find any northmen near bebbanburh i tried with swedish vikingr too with num_parties_created to 200 travelled near tunsberg and roam around only saw 1

any idea?

Wait, are you using the save-game editor for this? I didn't say to do that. I'd recommend resetting those values back to how they were before or going back to your backup save (it could mess with future bandit party spawning).

I said use MB Barracks or Morgh's editor, you edit this bit to have bigger Northmen parties:
bZ97j.jpg
Just increase those numbers then export it.

kraggrim said:
Change time between companions trying to leave:

Tired of constantly reminding your companions that nobody gets to leave the party? Use this!

Make a backup of triggers.txt, then open it and search for
Code:
0.000000 0.000000 24
There are four three instances, the one nearest the top of the file is the one you want. Change that 24 to a higher number, 99999 worked for me.

Please note, if it's the same as Brytenwalda this trigger contains a few different companion conflict related things (see the spoiler below). I would advise only using this if you have your party as you'd like to have it for the rest of the game. Do not use during story mode, I don't know for sure but would probably **** things up.

#Process morale and determine personality clashes
  (0, 0, 24,
  [],
[

#Count NPCs in party and get the "grievance divisor", which determines how fast grievances go away
#Set their relation to the player
        (assign, ":npcs_in_party", 0),
        (assign, ":grievance_divisor", 100),
        (try_for_range, ":npc1", companions_begin, companions_end),
            (main_party_has_troop, ":npc1"),
            (val_add, ":npcs_in_party", 1),
        (try_end),
        (val_sub, ":grievance_divisor", ":npcs_in_party"),
        (store_skill_level, ":persuasion_level", "skl_persuasion", "trp_player"),
        (val_add, ":grievance_divisor", ":persuasion_level"),
        (assign, reg7, ":grievance_divisor"),

#        (display_message, "@{!}Process NPC changes. GD: {reg7}"),

##Activate personality clash from 24 hours ago
        (try_begin), #scheduled personality clashes require at least 24hrs together
            (gt, "$personality_clash_after_24_hrs", 0),
            (eq, "$disable_npc_complaints", 0),
            (try_begin),
                  (troop_get_slot, ":eek:ther_npc", "$personality_clash_after_24_hrs", slot_troop_personalityclash_object),
                  (main_party_has_troop, "$personality_clash_after_24_hrs"),
                  (main_party_has_troop, ":eek:ther_npc"),
                  (assign, "$npc_with_personality_clash", "$personality_clash_after_24_hrs"),
            (try_end),
            (assign, "$personality_clash_after_24_hrs", 0),
        (try_end),
#

(try_for_range, ":npc", companions_begin, companions_end),
###Reset meeting variables
            (troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_turned_down_twice, 0),
            (try_begin),
                (troop_slot_eq, ":npc", slot_troop_met, 1),
                (troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_met_previously, 1),
            (try_end),

###Check for coming out of retirement
            (troop_get_slot, ":eek:ccupation", ":npc", slot_troop_occupation),
            (try_begin),
                (eq, ":eek:ccupation", slto_retirement),
                (troop_get_slot, ":renown_min", ":npc", slot_troop_return_renown),

(str_store_troop_name, s31, ":npc"),
                (troop_get_slot, ":player_renown", "trp_player", slot_troop_renown),
                (assign, reg4, ":player_renown"),
                (assign, reg5, ":renown_min"),
#                (display_message, "@{!}Test {s31}  for retirement return {reg4}, {reg5}."),

(gt, ":player_renown", ":renown_min"),
                (troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_penalties, 0),
                (troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_morality_penalties, 0),
                (troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_occupation, 0),
            (try_end),

#Check for political issues
(try_begin), #does npc's opponent pipe up?
(troop_slot_ge, ":npc", slot_troop_days_on_mission, 5),
(troop_slot_eq, ":npc", slot_troop_current_mission, npc_mission_kingsupport),

(troop_get_slot, ":eek:ther_npc", ":npc", slot_troop_kingsupport_opponent),
(troop_slot_eq, ":eek:ther_npc", slot_troop_kingsupport_objection_state, 0),

(troop_set_slot, ":eek:ther_npc", slot_troop_kingsupport_objection_state, 1),

(str_store_troop_name, s3, ":npc"),
(str_store_troop_name, s4, ":eek:ther_npc"),

(try_begin),
(eq, "$cheat_mode", 1),
(display_message, "str_s4_ready_to_voice_objection_to_s3s_mission_if_in_party"),
(try_end),
(try_end),

#Check for quitting
            (try_begin),
                (main_party_has_troop, ":npc"),

(call_script, "script_npc_morale", ":npc"),
                (assign, ":npc_morale", reg0),

(try_begin),
                    (lt, ":npc_morale", 20),
                    (store_random_in_range, ":random", 0, 100),
                    (val_add, ":npc_morale", ":random"),
                    (lt, ":npc_morale", 20),
                    (assign, "$npc_is_quitting", ":npc"),
                (try_end),

#Reduce grievance over time (or augment, if party is overcrowded
                (troop_get_slot, ":grievance", ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_penalties),
                (val_mul, ":grievance", 90),
                (val_div, ":grievance", ":grievance_divisor"),
                (troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_penalties, ":grievance"),

(troop_get_slot, ":grievance", ":npc", slot_troop_morality_penalties),
                (val_mul, ":grievance", 90),
                (val_div, ":grievance", ":grievance_divisor"),
                (troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_morality_penalties, ":grievance"),

#Change personality grievance levels
                (try_begin),
                    (this_or_next|troop_slot_ge, ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_state, 1),
                        (eq, "$disable_npc_complaints", 1),
                    (troop_get_slot, ":eek:bject", ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_object),
                    (main_party_has_troop, ":eek:bject"),
                    (call_script, "script_reduce_companion_morale_for_clash", ":npc", ":eek:bject", slot_troop_personalityclash_state),
                (try_end),
                (try_begin),
                    (this_or_next|troop_slot_ge, ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash2_state, 1),
                    (troop_get_slot, ":eek:bject", ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash2_object),
                    (call_script, "script_reduce_companion_morale_for_clash", ":npc", ":eek:bject", slot_troop_personalityclash2_state),
                (try_end),
                (try_begin),
                    (this_or_next|troop_slot_ge, ":npc", slot_troop_personalitymatch_state, 1),
                    (troop_get_slot, ":eek:bject", ":npc", slot_troop_personalitymatch_object),
                    (troop_get_slot, ":grievance", ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_penalties),
                    (val_mul, ":grievance", 9),
                    (val_div, ":grievance", 10),
                    (troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_penalties, ":grievance"),
                (try_end),

#Check for new personality clashes

#Active personality clash 1 if at least 24 hours have passed
                (try_begin),
                    (eq, "$disable_npc_complaints", 0),
                    (eq, "$npc_with_personality_clash", 0),
                    (eq, "$npc_with_personality_clash_2", 0),
                    (eq, "$personality_clash_after_24_hrs", 0),
                    (troop_slot_eq, ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_state, 0),
                    (troop_get_slot, ":eek:ther_npc", ":npc", slot_troop_personalityclash_object),
                    (main_party_has_troop, ":eek:ther_npc"),
                    (assign, "$personality_clash_after_24_hrs", ":npc"),
                (try_end),

#Personality clash 2 and personality match is triggered by battles
(try_begin),
(eq, "$npc_with_political_grievance", 0),

(troop_slot_eq, ":npc", slot_troop_kingsupport_objection_state, 1),
(assign, "$npc_with_political_grievance", ":npc"),
(try_end),

#main party does not have troop, and the troop is a companion
(else_try),
(neg|main_party_has_troop, ":npc"),
(eq, ":eek:ccupation", slto_player_companion),

(troop_get_slot, ":days_on_mission", ":npc", slot_troop_days_on_mission),
(try_begin),
(gt, ":days_on_mission", 0),
(val_sub, ":days_on_mission", 1),
(troop_set_slot, ":npc", slot_troop_days_on_mission, ":days_on_mission"),
##diplomacy chief begin
        (else_try),
          (troop_slot_eq, ":npc", slot_troop_current_mission, dplmc_npc_mission_spy_request), #spy mission
          (troop_slot_ge, ":npc", dplmc_slot_troop_mission_diplomacy, 1), #caught

(troop_set_slot, "trp_hired_blade", slot_troop_mission_object, ":npc"),
          (assign, "$npc_to_rejoin_party", "trp_hired_blade"),
        ##diplomacy chief end
(else_try),
(troop_slot_ge, ":npc", slot_troop_current_mission, 1),

#If the hero can join
(this_or_next|neg|troop_slot_eq, ":npc", slot_troop_current_mission, npc_mission_rejoin_when_possible),
                        # (hero_can_join, ":npc"),    MOTO error! This explains why companions sometimes never come back from mission...
                        (hero_can_join, "p_main_party"),

(assign, "$npc_to_rejoin_party", ":npc"),
(try_end),
            (try_end),
        (try_end),
    ]),

You can see what is probably the :grievance_divisor", 100 in the text file just along from the 24.0000.  Changing that might be a more elegant way of doing this, not tried it though.

tested from a new game in 1.04 sandbox, companions will complain about and praise each other after battle but never try to leave, so should be fine to have on from the start.

This will affect companions sent off on missions, so you'll need to reset it when you want them back.

EDIT: For reforged beta it's probably this bit now
0.000000 0.000000 29.000000  0  133 2133 2 1224979098644774912 0 2133 2 1224979098644774913 100 6 3 1224979098644774914

so i found this on triggers.txt what should i do to make them not leave my party? do i need to change the 29 to 24 or 99999??

also
Change the negative effect companions have on each other's morale

0.000000 0.000000 29.000000  0  133 2133 2 1224979098644774912 0 2133 2 1224979098644774913 100 6 3 1224979098644774914

do i need to change the 100 to 99999 too?

NOTE I would recommend this tweak instead, doesn't stop companions coming back from missions.

kraggrim said:
Nah, the 29 is how many hours it takes between checking how unhappy they are. Change that to 99999.

oh what about rejecting them not to leave if i choose "not to discuss this matter" they will try to be an adventurer

is there any way to stop this?

this is correct right?

0.000000 0.000000 99999.000000  0  133 2133 2 1224979098644774912 0 2133 2 1224979098644774913 99999 6 3 1224979098644774914

99999 for morale and the message

That would do, it but I think you only really need to use one of the tweaks. I'd recommend just this one, never had someone try to leave when I was testing it with all 16 companions raiding and burning villages.

0.000000 0.000000 29.000000  0  133 2133 2 1224979098644774912 0 2133 2 1224979098644774913 99999 6 3 1224979098644774914

If you use the one that changes the 29 then it also delays them coming back from diplomatic missions, and maybe other things I don't know about.

kraggrim said:
Troll or child sized characters (male only for now, should be any version)

Make a backup of your saves and then download the save-game editor. Import your save and open the 'troops' section (should be near the bottom), the player character should be at the very top of the list. Open the player troop and find the 'flags' entry, then replace whatever's there with one of these numbers:

Male
268435478  (child)
268435476  (short)
268435472  (normal)
268435474  (tall)
268435480  (troll)

Export the save, and that should be it.
BHgoj.jpg
Tall on the left, then troll and child.
Would this work on a different module?
So far, on any module apart from VC, my game crashes whenever one would see his character, in the party screen, when entering scenes, etc.

Nope, what you're changing here is the 'skin' of the character, so unless that mod has the exact same skins as vc then no chance. If the mod has different sized people you could probably work it out by doing the same process I did (give a companion that skin and the same flags as the player character using Morgh's, start a new game and save, check how their flags show up in the save and then copy to your PC on your proper save).

I see, thanks.
I got it working on ACOK, where I used the already existing value of a taller than usual lord and replaced it with the player character, like shown by you.
I have no idea about Native or any other module that doesn't already have differing npc sizes, however.

so how do i even download this, do i have to go in and manually do everything myself or is there a download anywhere?

ompa94 said:
so how do i even download this, do i have to go in and manually do everything myself or is there a download anywhere?

This, until the TweakMB program is updated (not my area) which will streamline the process for some of these . Unless you have a friend with the exact same configuration of tweaks you want who is willing to send you the text files.

kraggrim said:
Unless you have a friend with the exact same configuration of tweaks you want who is willing to send you the text files.

It is unlikely I have this :smile:, I don't even remember which ones I've got on atm but it's not many. It's really not hard to do yourself, I've spelled it out for most of them and even the non-updated ones can be worked out with some patience and ctrl+f.

Oh man, raiding villages with these tweaks makes raider gameplay so much more fun. I love taking a band of 27 elite men aboard a single snekka and targeting coastal villages.

Hm, so I noticed I don't get a recruit option with every bandit party. Maybe its the prisoner count (if I cant take theirs?) but I've had a few small bands of northmen on land who ran from me due to my numbers, but couldnt be recruited.

All land-based Northmen parties should have the same dialog. So you have no  option to say "join me or die" or something along those lines?

Back
Top Bottom