Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Csor777

Recruit
How to disable interactivity companions ? That they did not swear? In Mount Blade: Warbant needed 0 change to 1 (2133 2 144115188075856758 0). How to disable interactivity companions in Mount & Blade: Viking Conquest ?
 

PianoMath

Recruit
kraggrim said:
Ah, so you want ai castles/towns to have less defenders? Should be possible to tweak, I'll have a look. Reducing campaign ai difficulty in the options might do something like that, could be only for army size, can't remember.

Is there a way to force my lords to garrison more troops in their castles?
 

Kelefane

Sergeant
kraggrim said:
Kelefane, I had a look but no luck. The ships should be in the party records section as Kelefane's Ships, probably in the 800-1000 area, you could look there. The ship types might be saved as some indecipherable value though. Or could be stored somewhere else entirely.

Remember if you have the cheat menu enabled when you talk to a ship-wright you can have him insta-build ships for free.

Thank you sir!
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
That tweak is only for villages. This town/castle one from kalarhan is outdated but I think should work:

kalarhan said:
Presentations.txt for 1.04beta (earlier version)
This:
prsnt_vc_submenu_recruits2 0 0 2
-60.000000  183 2133 2 144115188075857079 0 2133 2 144115188075857080 0 2133 2 144115188075857081 0 2133 2 144115188075857082 0 520 3 1224979098644774912 360287970189639680 16 521 3 1224979098644774913 144115188075856183 19 520
Change to this:
prsnt_vc_submenu_recruits2 0 0 2
-60.000000  183 2133 2 144115188075857079 0 2133 2 144115188075857080 0 2133 2 144115188075857081 0 2133 2 144115188075857082 0 520 3 1224979098644774912 360287970189639680 16 2204 2 1224979098644774913 144115188075856183 520
Looks like it's slightly different now but the relevant red operation is still in about the same place. If it doesn't work for both towns and castles there's another 521 3 1224979098644774913 144115188075856183 19 further down in that section you could try changing.

Csor777 said:
How to disable interactivity companions ? That they did not swear? In Mount Blade: Warbant needed 0 change to 1 (2133 2 144115188075856758 0). How to disable interactivity companions in Mount & Blade: Viking Conquest ?
I think TweakMB has an option for this, use the native 1.158 template.


PianoMath said:
Is there a way to force my lords to garrison more troops in their castles?
Probably, I've not managed to find what governs the max capacity yet though.
 

Mike Hawk

Baron
M&BWBNW
I'm trying to figure out how to change unit routing in game. More specifically, I'm trying to lower the threshold so that low level troops rout sooner.

Now in native, every unit gets a morale value assigned to it at spawn, which is then checked against the rout threshold after the time specified in the script.

Morale is calculated as 5000+level*35+rand(0,3000)+(partymorale-70)*30, where 5000 is the base native morale value.

This can be found in mission_templates.txt

mst_lead_charge lead_charge 65538  8
You_lead_your_men_to_battle.

4 1 4160 0 16 12 0 
0 4160 0 16 0 0 
4 8320 0 16 12 0 
4 8320 0 16 0 0 
21
-25.000000 0.000000 0.000000  0  15 2071 1 1224979098644774912 1 2 936748722493063549 1224979098644774912 2133 2 1224979098644774913 5000 1718 2 1224979098644774914 1224979098644774912 2171 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774914 2107 2 1224979098644774915 35 2105 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774915 2136 3 1224979098644774916 0 3000 2105 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774916 1716 2 1224979098644774917 1224979098644774912 1671 2 1224979098644774918 1224979098644774917 2121 3 1224979098644774919 1224979098644774918 70 2107 2 1224979098644774919 30 2105 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774919 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 1224979098644774913


Problem is, VC code here is completely different. I wonder if a dev could please tell me where the base morale value is (the one that's 5000 in native).
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Disable stat-loss (incurable) on games over 757 days long 2.012

I've not actually seen this happen but it was requested so to theoretically disable it backup menus.txt and find this:
menu_permanent_damage 512 {s0} none 34 2031 1 1441151880758558830 2133 2 1224979098644774912 1 6 3 1224979098644774913 0 1224979098644774912 2136 3 1224979098644774914 0 4 2172 3 1224979098644774915 360287970189639680 1224979098644774914 4 0 32 2 1224979098644774915 3 2147483679 2 1224979098644774914 3 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 0 2320 2 0 1585267068834416577 5 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 2320 2 0 1585267068834416578 5 0 2320 2 0 1585267068834416579 3 0 5 0 2147483678 2 1224979098644774912 200 2105 2 1224979098644774912 1 3 0 3 0 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774912 200 4 0 31 2 144115188075856219 -1 1301 0 2040 0 5 0 2060 1 144115188075856219 3 0 5 0 1520 3 360287970189639680 1224979098644774914 -1 3 0 1
Channge the -1 to 0. You should still get a message but the stat won't actually decrease.



HunterAlpha1 have you actually seen this type of stat-loss happen? Also, did you get that town-recruits tweak to work successfully?



Narushima, this looks like it might be the correct section, dunno which one is the base morale:
-25.000000 0.000000 0.000000  0  40 2070 2 1224979098644774912 1 1718 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 2147483679 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640979 1 2 936748722493063634 1224979098644774912 2136 3 1224979098644774914 1 101 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 2600 4 0 30 2 144115188075857384 1 1706 1 1224979098644774912 1106 1 1585267068834416354 3 0 5 0 2133 2 1224979098644774915 3500 4 0 31 2 144115188075856014 1 1770 2 1224979098644774916 1224979098644774912 1073741855 2 1224979098644774916 0 31 2 1224979098644774916 2 2105 2 1224979098644774915 3000 3 0 4 0 1073741855 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640912 31 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640913 2105 2 1224979098644774915 5000 3 0 2171 2 1224979098644774917 1224979098644774913 2107 2 1224979098644774917 35 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774917 2136 3 1224979098644774918 0 3000 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774918 1716 2 1224979098644774919 1224979098644774912 1671 2 1224979098644774920 1224979098644774919 2121 3 1224979098644774921 1224979098644774920 70 2107 2 1224979098644774921 30 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774921 2105 2 1224979098644774915 144115188075856220 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 1224979098644774915 3 0
Maybe the bit in red, guessing here though.
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
kraggrim said:
HunterAlpha1 have you actually seen this type of stat-loss happen?

It can start after day ~800 (very small chance), and after day ~1500 it is a 100% chance. But you only lose stats upon defeat in combat (you lose a battle)

kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:
TweakMB isn't letting me change the "Disable stat loss for games over 757 days old" option. I'm at day 811 and tbh I think this is not an insteresting mechanic. I didn't lose any stats yet.

Same base trigger as native for the "$g_player_luck", so you can change that variable if you want. How? Ask on the tweaks thread, as it is not a vanilla (normal game) question.

If anyone is wondering:
in Native (and VC is similar) you start with 200 "luck".
Every 7.5 days you lose 1 point.
After 757 days you have 100 "luck".
When you lose a battle the game chooses a random value between 0 and 99. If that random is higher than your "luck" you lose a stat point (STR, AGI or INT).
That means you start to risk losing points around day 765, but only if you lose a battle.
After day 1500... don't lose :XD
 

HunterAlpha1

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SVC
Sry was out and about so I haven't gotten a chance to see if I could recruit faction owning faction troops from town/castles.
kalarhan said:
kraggrim said:
HunterAlpha1 have you actually seen this type of stat-loss happen?

It can start after day ~800 (very small chance), and after day ~1500 it is a 100% chance. But you only lose stats upon defeat in combat (you lose a battle)

kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:
TweakMB isn't letting me change the "Disable stat loss for games over 757 days old" option. I'm at day 811 and tbh I think this is not an insteresting mechanic. I didn't lose any stats yet.

Same base trigger as native for the "$g_player_luck", so you can change that variable if you want. How? Ask on the tweaks thread, as it is not a vanilla (normal game) question.

If anyone is wondering:
in Native (and VC is similar) you start with 200 "luck".
Every 7.5 days you lose 1 point.
After 757 days you have 100 "luck".
When you lose a battle the game chooses a random value between 0 and 99. If that random is higher than your "luck" you lose a stat point (STR, AGI or INT).
That means you start to risk losing points around day 765, but only if you lose a battle.
After day 1500... don't lose :XD
So I guess after day 800 it's savescum time  :twisted:

EDIT: No I haven't actually seen it happen, that's why I asked for a tweak before I got to that point, because I really don't want to risk loosing precious, precious stat points.  I have always thought that the stat loss was automatic, gradual over a period of time, acting as an aging system, rather than from loosing battles.
 

HunterAlpha1

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SVC
Ok, I waited for at least a month and was unable to recruit my Norse troops from Dunwic, so I guess the tweak didn't work :sad:
 

Mike Hawk

Baron
M&BWBNW
kraggrim said:
Disable stat-loss (incurable) on games over 757 days long 2.012

I've not actually seen this happen but it was requested so to theoretically disable it backup menus.txt and find this:
menu_permanent_damage 512 {s0} none 34 2031 1 1441151880758558830 2133 2 1224979098644774912 1 6 3 1224979098644774913 0 1224979098644774912 2136 3 1224979098644774914 0 4 2172 3 1224979098644774915 360287970189639680 1224979098644774914 4 0 32 2 1224979098644774915 3 2147483679 2 1224979098644774914 3 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 0 2320 2 0 1585267068834416577 5 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 2320 2 0 1585267068834416578 5 0 2320 2 0 1585267068834416579 3 0 5 0 2147483678 2 1224979098644774912 200 2105 2 1224979098644774912 1 3 0 3 0 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774912 200 4 0 31 2 144115188075856219 -1 1301 0 2040 0 5 0 2060 1 144115188075856219 3 0 5 0 1520 3 360287970189639680 1224979098644774914 -1 3 0 1
Channge the -1 to 0. You should still get a message but the stat won't actually decrease.



HunterAlpha1 have you actually seen this type of stat-loss happen? Also, did you get that town-recruits tweak to work successfully?



Narushima, this looks like it might be the correct section, dunno which one is the base morale:
-25.000000 0.000000 0.000000  0  40 2070 2 1224979098644774912 1 1718 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 2147483679 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640979 1 2 936748722493063634 1224979098644774912 2136 3 1224979098644774914 1 101 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 2600 4 0 30 2 144115188075857384 1 1706 1 1224979098644774912 1106 1 1585267068834416354 3 0 5 0 2133 2 1224979098644774915 3500 4 0 31 2 144115188075856014 1 1770 2 1224979098644774916 1224979098644774912 1073741855 2 1224979098644774916 0 31 2 1224979098644774916 2 2105 2 1224979098644774915 3000 3 0 4 0 1073741855 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640912 31 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640913 2105 2 1224979098644774915 5000 3 0 2171 2 1224979098644774917 1224979098644774913 2107 2 1224979098644774917 35 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774917 2136 3 1224979098644774918 0 3000 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774918 1716 2 1224979098644774919 1224979098644774912 1671 2 1224979098644774920 1224979098644774919 2121 3 1224979098644774921 1224979098644774920 70 2107 2 1224979098644774921 30 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774921 2105 2 1224979098644774915 144115188075856220 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 1224979098644774915 3 0
Maybe the bit in red, guessing here though.

I tested the 3500 value. Not sure it's the base morale but it did seem to have an effect. At 8000 no troops wanted to run away, at 0 almost half of them turned but most of them came back.
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Narushima, if it's anything like native then morale is re-calculated periodically when it runs the script "decide_run_away_or_not". I don't know how this is worked out in VC but presumably if few of his team were killed, he's surrounded by friends, has full hit points and his party had decent morale then this can apply:
(ge, ":agent_courage_score", ":stop_running_away_courage_score_limit"), #if (courage score > 3700 - agent hit points) and (agent is running away) then stop running away, average hit points : 50, average running away limit = 1700
(agent_stop_running_away, ":cur_agent"),
Or something like it.

-25.000000 0.000000 0.000000  0  40 2070 2 1224979098644774912 1 1718 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 2147483679 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640979 1 2 936748722493063634 1224979098644774912 2136 3 1224979098644774914 1 101 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 2600 4 0 30 2 144115188075857384 1 1706 1 1224979098644774912 1106 1 1585267068834416354 3 0 5 0 2133 2 1224979098644774915 3500 4 0 31 2 144115188075856014 1 1770 2 1224979098644774916 1224979098644774912 1073741855 2 1224979098644774916 0 31 2 1224979098644774916 2 2105 2 1224979098644774915 3000 3 0 4 0 1073741855 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640912 31 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640913 2105 2 1224979098644774915 5000 3 0 2171 2 1224979098644774917 1224979098644774913 2107 2 1224979098644774917 35 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774917 2136 3 1224979098644774918 0 3000 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774918 1716 2 1224979098644774919 1224979098644774912 1671 2 1224979098644774920 1224979098644774919 2121 3 1224979098644774921 1224979098644774920 70 2107 2 1224979098644774921 30 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774921 2105 2 1224979098644774915 144115188075856220 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 1224979098644774915 3 0

That 35 is how much the troop level is multiplied, the result is added to base courage. Maybe you could add an exception for low level characters.

-25.000000 0.000000 0.000000  0  43 2070 2 1224979098644774912 1 1718 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 2147483679 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640979 1 2 936748722493063634 1224979098644774912 2136 3 1224979098644774914 1 101 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 2600 4 0 30 2 144115188075857384 1 1706 1 1224979098644774912 1106 1 1585267068834416354 3 0 5 0 2133 2 1224979098644774915 3500 4 0 31 2 144115188075856014 1 1770 2 1224979098644774916 1224979098644774912 1073741855 2 1224979098644774916 0 31 2 1224979098644774916 2 2105 2 1224979098644774915 3000 3 0 4 0 1073741855 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640912 31 2 1224979098644774913 360287970189640913 2105 2 1224979098644774915 5000 3 0 2171 2 1224979098644774917 1224979098644774913 4 0 30 1224979098644774917 20 2107 2 1224979098644774917 35 3 0 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774917 2136 3 1224979098644774918 0 3000 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774918 1716 2 1224979098644774919 1224979098644774912 1671 2 1224979098644774920 1224979098644774919 2121 3 1224979098644774921 1224979098644774920 70 2107 2 1224979098644774921 30 2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774921 2105 2 1224979098644774915 144115188075856220 505 3 1224979098644774912 16 1224979098644774915 3 0
I think these changes might work, hopefully you can copy and paste the block over. Tried to make it look like this:
(agent_get_troop_id, ":troop_id", ":agent_no"),
(store_character_level, ":troop_level", ":troop_id"),
  (try_begin),  #4 0
  (ge, ":troop_level", 20),  #30 1224979098644774917 20
  (val_mul, ":troop_level", 35),  #2107 2 1224979098644774917 35
  (try_end),  #3 0
(val_add, ":initial_courage_score", ":troop_level"),  #2105 2 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774917
So any troops under level 20 (change to whatever you want) only add their level rather than level-times-35. I think once battle is under way and guys are dead/wounded you should hopefully see it come into effect.



HunterAlpha1, I tried it too with no luck. Not sure why it's not working really. I think if you use the save editor to change the 'culture' slot of your town/castle to the same as your faction's culture then that might maybe do it. Not convenient but its the best I can think of for now.


kalarhan thanks for the info, my longest campaign was ~1400 days so I guess I was lucky not seeing it :smile:.
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
kaiser said:
Kraggrim are you going to update your little texture mod?

Do you mean the pict bodies or the axe/sword one? Pict bodies I'll do next time VC updates, probably same for the sword/axe one. If you want to update that sword/axe one now, you can follow the instructions without swapping the items file. Then in your existing items file change the mesh of the woodcutter axe and bandit-king sword (use morgh's or just text edit) to be the same as in the downloaded items file.
 

dorgus142

Regular
I know nothing about coding nor anything, but... is it possible to implement kt0's auto-calc algorythm, or some other overhaul like that one, in Viking Conquest?
 

connaito

Recruit
@kraggrim Help me, please!  :cry:
about The Quest help "train peasants againt bandits".
after Practice fight, the menu [continue] not show up, so I cannot finish this quest  :sad:
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
dorgus142 said:
I know nothing about coding nor anything, but... is it possible to implement kt0's auto-calc algorythm, or some other overhaul like that one, in Viking Conquest?

I had a quick look and I doubt it as we don't have the VC source code yet, plus I don't really understand the auto calc system. What is it about the system you want changed?


connaito said:
@kraggrim Help me, please!  :cry:
about The Quest help "train peasants againt bandits".
after Practice fight, the menu [continue] not show up, so I cannot finish this quest  :sad:

Try switching to your unmodified backup of menus.txt. Did this start happening after you applied a particular tweak?
 
Top Bottom