TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Users who are viewing this thread

Xeridium said:
Helix Falks said:
All Lords can and will defect if the circumstances are correct. The best way to get an honourable Lord to join you is to take his town/castle and capture his liege, this way the liege can't give him new lands and his relations with his king will decline over time bare in mind that not all Lords get on with each other and some lords won't join you if you have their rivals on your side.

This is good to hear, but there is still so much guesswork involved in the process. Especially since lords seem to only ever take your claim into consideration once. If you fail to join them the first time, you're SoL after that. I'd love to be able to tweak this process further into my favor, especially to reduce the cooldown period of a lord refusing to talk politics.

well that's not important -- while lords response to your claim based on their personality, their decision of whether to defect depends heavily on their courtship position and relationship with liege. On top of that, lords will question your claim if you change it frequently (i.e. promise land for some lords, promise to uphold ancient rights to others, etc.).

Divok said:
Savengaard said:
I tweaked it and it gave me an unexpected load error or something like that ><

Edit: NVM, its fixed now, please ignore and don't shoot me with a bunch of arrows...they hurt o.o

How did you fix it? I keep getting the message "unexpected end of file while reading file: Modules\Native\scripts.txt"

I know it is probably something really quite obvious but I just can't figure it out.. :S

Just in case anyone else gets this problem, I found a simple solution... just keep the scripts text file the same as the original... I haven't even noticed it interfering with any of my other tweaks, but then again I haven't made many...

Whenever I try to modify relationship change values from quests with Lords, Ladies, or Villages, the screen comes up with no quests available to modify. When TMB is opened, it brings up an error box saying:
"TweakID: QuestXXX_XXX.
Disabled Reason: Actual Field Count <> Expected.
Details: Expected: 3537, Actual: 3566"

I never received this error until 1.152 came out. Any tips?

Raevan said:
Whenever I try to modify relationship change values from quests with Lords, Ladies, or Villages, the screen comes up with no quests available to modify. When TMB is opened, it brings up an error box saying:
"TweakID: QuestXXX_XXX.
Disabled Reason: Actual Field Count <> Expected.
Details: Expected: 3537, Actual: 3566"

I never received this error until 1.152 came out. Any tips?

Are you using most recent version of TweakMB?  That should get those tweaks working again.

Just wondering if anyone could assist me with an issue.

Recently acquired a castle and it has a Lord of a faction I am not at war with, and I'd really rather not be at war with said faction currently (Still starting up my own). I was wondering if someone could point me to the line I could edit to change the percentage of a Lords chance of escaping a castle/town?

It would be exceptionally helpful, as I'm running Scaedumar mod and for some reason TweakMB won't allow me to edit some values.

InserEvilLaugh said:
Just wondering if anyone could assist me with an issue.

Recently acquired a castle and it has a Lord of a faction I am not at war with, and I'd really rather not be at war with said faction currently (Still starting up my own). I was wondering if someone could point me to the line I could edit to change the percentage of a Lords chance of escaping a castle/town?

It would be exceptionally helpful, as I'm running Scaedumar mod and for some reason TweakMB won't allow me to edit some values.
load your module, than go to ''Prisoners'' after that ''enemy lord(escape rates)'' and its the one on the top
for example change it too 0 and they can never escape.

Xprez said:
load your module, than go to ''Prisoners'' after that ''enemy lord(escape rates)'' and its the one on the top

That only edits the probability of a Lord escaping after a battle. I'm trying to edit the likely hood of a lord escaping from a town or castle. With the mod I'm playing those parts are greyed out making it so I can not edit them.

Caba`drin said:
As Scaedumar includes Diplomacy, you might try loading it with the Diplo tweak set, rather than Native, for possible better results.

I actually feel kind dumb right now, I have been using Diplomacy teak setting for the longest time to edit the settings. But just for yucks I tried using the Native and all the options were available. Not sure why but it works. Thank you all for your help, I apologize for wasting your time.

if u could please add support to "enhancement' wfas mod it would be great because its the only active single player mod for wfas.

InserEvilLaugh said:
Xprez said:

That only edits the probability of a Lord escaping after a battle. I'm trying to edit the likely hood of a lord escaping from a town or castle. With the mod I'm playing those parts are greyed out making it so I can not edit them.
srry :sad:

Ok Newbie here with a question.

I am using the Floris MoD and love everything about it accept the bandit and manhunter party sizes.

How do I use Tweakmb to adjust them down?  It looks self explainitory, just adust the min and max values, save and your done, however, considering I changed the Manhunters to max of 40 and they have a party of 198 running around, I assume I did something wrong.

Also it lists percent and value as a option.  Not sure what this means?  Anyway, is the value tied to like some hidden leadership stat or what.  Anyway if someone could tell me exactly how to change these values to get the result I want, I would appreciate it.

Also is there any way to modify how many prisoners these parties take.  Bandits for example usually kill everyone so should have very few prisoners while manhunters should have lots due to being slavers.

Anyway help is appreciated.

Actually that party showed up after I thought I had changed the maximum party size to 150 so that is why I think/know I obviously did something wrong.

What I want to do now, is prevent any more groups getting this big so that is why I need someone to explain to me what I am doing wrong.

I basically went to TweakMB -> Parties (Size and Moral) -> Bandit Party Sizes

Then I changed the max value to the total amount I thought should be in a party.  For example I have set the parameters for Manhunters (troop 1) - pt_manhunters_e min 18 max 40 which I took as meaning the bands would have a minimum of 18 troops and a maxium of 40.  I then saved the file and started M&B.  Then started a new game from scratch.  Thought I was good until I saw the 198 member group which is obviously larger than the 150 Maximum I specified.

So what am I doing wrong?

It seems straight forward except for the verbage that I can set either values or percentages.  Also I am wondering if like for player parties, the numbers I am setting are actually modifed by something hidden like a hidden leadership ability for the Bandit or Manhunter parties ie the Max setting being 40 is modifed by a party leadership of 6 so group size actually is 40x6= 240 rather than 40 total.

Anyway, I don't understand what I am doing wrong but if I have the max value at 150, I shouldn't be seeing 198 manhunters all in one group so it has to be my lack of understanding what exactly I am doing.

In any case, I am really wanting to play but don't want to progress any further if I am going to have bandits and manhunter parties getting 400-500 strong.  Kind of a waste of my time to me anyway. 

Anyone???

Actually I think I understand what I was doing wrong but I need someone to confirm it for me.

The min and max values have nothing to do with how large a group can get but rather the rate the groups get larger.  For example a Min of 50 and a Max of 150 would spawn between 50 and 150 new bandits every time the game check for a parties reinforcements which means it is rather easy for a bandit party to get in the 1000s really quick if no one wittles down its numbers or outright eliminates the bands.

So if I am right, changing the value to min 5 max 15 would cut the growth rate to 10% of what it was before.

Is this correct??

If this is correct, can anyone give me a rough idea of what values I would need to keep the following numbers in parties and garrisons:

Bandits - Around 150 max normally
Manhunters - Around 80 max normally
Sea Raiders - Around 200-250 max normally
City Garrisons - Around 1000 max normally
Castle Garrisons - Around 500 Max normally

I am sure there are others but that covers most of what I would like to change, at least tentitively.

Yeah that is the post that after hours of searching lead me to the above conclusion in regards to the values meaning "how many new members will be added to a party rather than total number of members". 

Still not sure if that is right but so far it seems to be working although I would still love to get a confirmation from someone that this conclusion is right.

Back
Top Bottom