TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, thanks for the great tool! it seems there's nothing like it around...but I can't make it work :sad:

i'm on linux, and .net 3.5 still has problems to be installed with wine. So i'm trying with mono...it runs nicely, but I get an error when loading the warband module as if it's not able to access the .mdb.

I've just unzipped the directory and runned TweakMB.exe from inside. Any suggestion?

Mount & Blade: Warband
Native 1.143
1257 AD SVN Rev 65
Brytenwalda 1.38
Brytenwalda 1.39
Diplomacy 4.1
Diplomacy 4.2
Floris Mod Pack 2.40
Floris Mod Pack 2.50
Prophecy of Pendor 3.42
Sword of Damocles: Warlords 3.90

[/quote]
it doesnt include Native Expansion but it works for it tho.

Is there any progress with the final version for 1.152? I want to enable the "Choose quest from menu" tweak before making any major changes, since otherwise I'd have to re-do any conversation tweaks.

One aspect of the game that continues to frustrate me is the process of recruiting lords to your cause. Both during claimant quests and as ruler of my own faction. There are many cases where I am unable to sway them to my side even with 10 persuasion skill and 50+ relations. It would be substantially helpful to me if someone could reveal the variables to a lords calculations on whether to join me or not and even better If I were able to tweak them.

I'm reasonably sure that the following variables come into play during this process. Modifying the weight these statistics have in the lords final decision would be a great place to start for a tweak:
  • Character Renown / Controversy / Honor
  • Character Persuasion Skill
  • Relation with the Lord
  • Lord's Relation to his Current Leige
  • A Player Chosen Argument (Rightful King, Reward you with lands, etc.)

There are other aspects to this process, such as the amount of time a lord remains "tired of talking politics" after an unsuccessful conversion attempt or even a baseline relationship with liege before he'll even consider addressing the issue. I realize that lord conversion may not be an issue for everyone and might have something to do with the mods I play (Currently the Floris modpack 2.5) or other conditions I am unaware of. It would be helpful if someone could bring their experience with this game mechanic to my attention either way.

Thanks for reading; I made an account on this forum just to make this post, but I've been using TweakMB for well over a year now. Its an outstanding tool that enhances the game in a number of great ways. I hope my suggestion will help make it even better.

Also: Forgive me if this topic was brought up already. I searched the thread for relevant keywords, but I was unable to find anything.

just used this thing but now yh i had to uninstall my m&b warband
because i set the taxes too 1000 but for some reason i got 240.000 everytimel..
but everything works fine now but aint gnna use it anymore

Xprez said:

Yeah TMB is not idiot proof

Helix Falks said:
Xprez said:

xD good one damn laughing so hard right now, damn you really should become a comedian so funny you are xD xD xD xD xD......
btw where did you find that joke on the internet?

Xprez said:
Helix Falks said:
Xprez said:

xD good one damn laughing so hard right now, damn you really should become a comedian so funny you are xD xD xD xD xD......
btw where did you find that joke on the internet?

Really, that's your come back? *sighs*

Your blaming TMB for something you did, used correctly TMB can improve your game, used incorrectly it will mess it up.

If you mess your game up don't complain about it on here unless you have found a solid reason, you have probably set the divider to low or added to the income levels if not both. If you have set the divider to 0 that too will mess up your game. M&B does not like dividing or multiplying by 0

Xeridium said:
One aspect of the game that continues to frustrate me is the process of recruiting lords to your cause. Both during claimant quests and as ruler of my own faction. There are many cases where I am unable to sway them to my side even with 10 persuasion skill and 50+ relations. It would be substantially helpful to me if someone could reveal the variables to a lords calculations on whether to join me or not and even better If I were able to tweak them.

I'm reasonably sure that the following variables come into play during this process. Modifying the weight these statistics have in the lords final decision would be a great place to start for a tweak:
  • Character Renown / Controversy / Honor
  • Character Persuasion Skill
  • Relation with the Lord
  • Lord's Relation to his Current Leige
  • A Player Chosen Argument (Rightful King, Reward you with lands, etc.)

There are other aspects to this process, such as the amount of time a lord remains "tired of talking politics" after an unsuccessful conversion attempt or even a baseline relationship with liege before he'll even consider addressing the issue. I realize that lord conversion may not be an issue for everyone and might have something to do with the mods I play (Currently the Floris modpack 2.5) or other conditions I am unaware of. It would be helpful if someone could bring their experience with this game mechanic to my attention either way.

Thanks for reading; I made an account on this forum just to make this post, but I've been using TweakMB for well over a year now. Its an outstanding tool that enhances the game in a number of great ways. I hope my suggestion will help make it even better.

Also: Forgive me if this topic was brought up already. I searched the thread for relevant keywords, but I was unable to find anything.

I was under the impression that by default some lords will never defect, ever.    I have never played a game where a king with with no fiefs and just standing around doing nothing lost all of his lords until he his kingdom was officially defeated.    This actually makes sense since at least some of the lords would rather die defending their liege than lose honor by defecting.

That being said there have been some rare occasion using the Diplomacy mod where you can try and recruit lords with a messenger and a fief that wouldn't normally join me just by talking to them.  It happened very rarely and I had to offer a town, not just a village.

Caba`drin said:
Only minimal changes to the 1.153 module system compared to 1.152...I'd assume that the tweaks still work.

I tweaked it and it gave me an unexpected load error or something like that ><

Edit: NVM, its fixed now, please ignore and dont shoot me with a bunch of arrows...they hurt o.o

reallybigjohnson said:
I was under the impression that by default some lords will never defect, ever.    I have never played a game where a king with with no fiefs and just standing around doing nothing lost all of his lords until he his kingdom was officially defeated.    This actually makes sense since at least some of the lords would rather die defending their liege than lose honor by defecting.

That being said there have been some rare occasion using the Diplomacy mod where you can try and recruit lords with a messenger and a fief that wouldn't normally join me just by talking to them.  It happened very rarely and I had to offer a town, not just a village.

I believe you are correct that some lords may be incapable of defecting. If this is the case, it is an instance of the player being severely mis-lead. There is one lord personality type that causes relations with you to improve based on the amount of honor you have. In one of my games, my honor has reached sufficient status that my relations with all lords of this type is at 100, but still its never enough.

There are multiple parts to this equation though. Its not enough just to have a high relation with a lord, he also needs to have very low relations with his liege. Low enough for them to admit to being concerned for the state of the realm. If its above a certain point, you'll always get the "Long may he live" response.

My point is: If some lords are incapable of defecting, why are they even capable of considering it? If honorable lords with 100 relationship to me and -34 relationship with their liege are incapable of coming to my side, that is something I can live with, but I can't stand to think that the game is fooling me into thinking its possible if its not. This is why I'd like to see this game mechanic editable or at least explained as a tweak. Thanks to TweakMB, I know that I have 68% chance of recruiting prisoners to my party with a persuasion skill of 7. But recruiting lords to my cause has always been a shot in the dark.

Xeridium said:
reallybigjohnson said:

I believe you are correct that some lords may be incapable of defecting. If this is the case, it is an instance of the player being severely mis-lead. There is one lord personality type that causes relations with you to improve based on the amount of honor you have. In one of my games, my honor has reached sufficient status that my relations with all lords of this type is at 100, but still its never enough.

There are multiple parts to this equation though. Its not enough just to have a high relation with a lord, he also needs to have very low relations with his liege. Low enough for them to admit to being concerned for the state of the realm. If its above a certain point, you'll always get the "Long may he live" response.

My point is: If some lords are incapable of defecting, why are they even capable of considering it? If honorable lords with 100 relationship to me and -34 relationship with their liege are incapable of coming to my side, that is something I can live with, but I can't stand to think that the game is fooling me into thinking its possible if its not. This is why I'd like to see this game mechanic editable or at least explained as a tweak. Thanks to TweakMB, I know that I have 68% chance of recruiting prisoners to my party with a persuasion skill of 7. But recruiting lords to my cause has always been a shot in the dark.

All Lords can and will defect if the circumstances are correct. The best way to get an honourable Lord to join you is to take his town/castle and capture his liege, this way the liege can't give him new lands and his relations with his king will decline over time bare in mind that not all Lords get on with each other and some lords won't join you if you have their rivals on your side.

Sorry guys, I've been out of town for the last week or so and haven't been keeping up.  I'll take a quick look at 1.153 and see what, if anything, needs to be updated.

Savengaard said:
I tweaked it and it gave me an unexpected load error or something like that ><

Edit: NVM, its fixed now, please ignore and don't shoot me with a bunch of arrows...they hurt o.o

How did you fix it? I keep getting the message "unexpected end of file while reading file: Modules\Native\scripts.txt"

I know it is probably something really quite obvious but I just can't figure it out.. :S

kefka95 said:
Sorry guys, I've been out of town for the last week or so and haven't been keeping up.  I'll take a quick look at 1.153 and see what, if anything, needs to be updated.

Thanks for keeping up with this Kefka. I greatly appreciate the flexibility TweakMB has given me, and I'd very much like to see aspects of my recent suggestions implemented down the road.

Helix Falks said:
All Lords can and will defect if the circumstances are correct. The best way to get an honourable Lord to join you is to take his town/castle and capture his liege, this way the liege can't give him new lands and his relations with his king will decline over time bare in mind that not all Lords get on with each other and some lords won't join you if you have their rivals on your side.

This is good to hear, but there is still so much guesswork involved in the process. Especially since lords seem to only ever take your claim into consideration once. If you fail to join them the first time, you're SoL after that. I'd love to be able to tweak this process further into my favor, especially to reduce the cooldown period of a lord refusing to talk politics.

Back
Top Bottom