TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Users who are viewing this thread

Excellent idea with the mod tool!

Can't remember how many times I've gone through 82 Tweaks list with various mods. Awesome to have automated tool for that! Can't wait for your to add the rest too  :razz:

My small contribution:

Changing the size of the random battlefield is explained a bit poorly in the original list, here's a short guide how to do it in Warband (and hopefully have it included in the tool too)

In scenes.txt there are lines for each random battle:

scn_random_scene_steppe random_scene_steppe 1792 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x0000000229602800000691a400003efe00004b34000059be

Just switch the number in red to d2348 for maximum size battlefields, theres 4 of the ordinary ones. With forest battles you have to use a bit smaller number, otherwise the starting point of player's forces will be bugged.

scn_random_scene_steppe_forest random_scene_steppe_forest 1792 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x300028000003e8fa0000034e00004b34000059be

Just replace the red with 7edfb for large forest battles, with working spawns. Likewise, there are 4 different forest battles.

EDIT: After further testing, random forest maps can have the max size of 7edfb, not 9d671. The program allows bigger sizes but the map generated is cropped to the same level that 7edfb provides. Apparently the game still uses the larger size for calculating where the spawns are placed, which causes the bugged spawns as there's no map at those coordinates. Anyhow, fixed the instructions.

May I suggest adding a tweak to be able to change the number of arrows per quiver? This would be very useful for an archer during a siege. Great mod BTW.

Quick question. When you first open the utility and select the module, is it showing the actual data from the module files or is it showing default numbers. In other words, I've already made some changes manually, so when I open the editor should it show those changes because it doesn't appear to be, unless I'm doing something wrong...warband btw. When I click save changes, does it write everything or just what I've changed? Thanks :smile:

Also, one of my favorite edits is the one where slaves sell price is based on level, maybe it could be considered for a future release :wink:

Some ideas for the next release:

Change the number of reinforcement waves for both sides
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1230011.html#msg1230011

Let nearby parties join the battle
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1226161.html#msg1226161

Ransom prisoners by level (module sys needed I think)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67920.msg1756187.html#msg1756187

Always be able to chose the side when joining a battle (module sys needed I think)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=74859.msg1948844#msg1948844

Option to refuse your companions to quit
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1330752.html#msg1330752

Change the buying gifts system to be able to increase relation above 0
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1261877.html#msg1261877

Modify the build times on siege towers
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1237936.html#msg1237936

Make the recruits depend on what faction that owns the village
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1225750.html#msg1225750

Change the time between recruiting from your prisoners
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1215525.html#msg1215525

Make the Mill give a monthly bonus instead of only a onetime bonus (could be useful if you could decide the time yourself, and maybe add an option to be able to chose how much bonus)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1217668.html#msg1217668

Thanks Stylus

For "disable companion interaction", does that remove a their likes and dislikes (like quest failing or raiding), or is it just their likes and dislikes of eachother?

The reason I ask is that in the many hundreds of hours I have played this game across many mods I have never looted a village, not once, because I have always had someone who hates it in my party.

I released a new version this evening.  Here are the changes:

0.50 (04.06.10)
The following tweaks were added:
  • Chance of receiving a ransom for a lord
  • How often the game checks for a ransom
  • Prevent companions from leaving ("We hang deserters in this company")
  • How often you pay your troops

- Added Warband support for Add "Meet with Village Elder" to village menu (thanks Qqqs!)
- Added Warband support for Add "Meet with Guild Master" to city menu (thanks Qqqs!)
- Added Warband support for Whether village elders will offer more quests once a quest is turned down

Cyrilix said:
Hey kefka, mind posting the source code? I'm just curious. Given that you need the .NET framework, I assume you have a utility written in C#, which is good for these kinds of things.

I may post the source code at some future point, although it's in a pretty unreleasable state at the moment  :oops:  TweakMB is actually written in VB.NET (Visual Studio 200:cool:.  I do a lot of work with Excel VBA at work, so Visual Basic is what comes to mind most easily.

LeopoldStotch said:
Awesome tool!
Can we perhaps see a fief income option for warband in the near future?

It's possible!  Do you know if there's an existing vanilla M&B tweak for this?

rooperi said:
Excellent idea with the mod tool!

Can't remember how many times I've gone through 82 Tweaks list with various mods. Awesome to have automated tool for that! Can't wait for your to add the rest too  :razz:

My small contribution:

Changing the size of the random battlefield is explained a bit poorly in the original list, here's a short guide how to do it in Warband (and hopefully have it included in the tool too)

In scenes.txt there are lines for each random battle:

scn_random_scene_steppe random_scene_steppe 1792 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x0000000229602800000691a400003efe00004b34000059be

Just switch the number in red to d2348 for maximum size battlefields, theres 4 of the ordinary ones. With forest battles you have to use a bit smaller number, otherwise the starting point of player's forces will be bugged.

scn_random_scene_steppe_forest random_scene_steppe_forest 1792 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x300028000003e8fa0000034e00004b34000059be

Just replace the red with 9d671 for large forest battles, with working spawns. Likewise, there are 4 different forest battles.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll test it out and see if I can get it added to a future release.

darkhorse said:
May I suggest adding a tweak to be able to change the number of arrows per quiver? This would be very useful for an archer during a siege. Great mod BTW.

I'm not sure what all would be involved with that, but I can look into it  :grin:

Valcus said:
Quick question. When you first open the utility and select the module, is it showing the actual data from the module files or is it showing default numbers. In other words, I've already made some changes manually, so when I open the editor should it show those changes because it doesn't appear to be, unless I'm doing something wrong...warband btw. When I click save changes, does it write everything or just what I've changed? Thanks :smile:

The program will show whatever the current values in the file are.  If it's still showing the default values with your custom modifications, then you probably modified different fields than what TweakMB is looking at (or maybe you didn't save it before you loaded it?).  When you click the "save changes" button, only the fields that TweakMB supports are overwritten.  Everything else is rewritten exactly like it was when you first loaded it.

Also, one of my favorite edits is the one where slaves sell price is based on level, maybe it could be considered for a future release :wink:

It's on the list  :grin:

Nameless Warrior said:
Thanks Stylus

For "disable companion interaction", does that remove a their likes and dislikes (like quest failing or raiding), or is it just their likes and dislikes of eachother?

The reason I ask is that in the many hundreds of hours I have played this game across many mods I have never looted a village, not once, because I have always had someone who hates it in my party.

I'm actually not entirely sure - I just know that it prevents the companions from complaining about each other.  However, in the version I just released today, there's an option to prevent companions from leaving your party.  When they try to leave, it brings up a dialog option for "We hang deserters in this company", which will scare them into staying  :mrgreen:

NaglFaar said:
Some ideas for the next release:

Thanks for the suggestions!  I think a couple of those were actually in the version I released just now.  Some of the others I should be able to add fairly easily, and some of them will be a bit more difficult.  Stay tuned!

Great program but I get an error message when I try to save changes i have made.

''Unhandled exception has occured in your application.

Access to the path 'C: /Program Files (x86)/MountBladeWarband/Modules/Native/TweakMB backups' is denied''

Can anyone help ?

Very handy little tool.. the only thing it's missing that I would really like to see is to be able to modify troop wages. :smile:

i have a third way of having all companions:
•Disable companion interaction (have as many heroes as you like)
•Prevent companions from leaving ("We hang deserters in this company")
=>Remove interaction penalty from final morale calculation

they still complain and interact normaly and the morale penalties for interactions are also calculated normaly. they're just not taken into consideration when calculating the final morale from all factors (party morale, good/bad interactions)

to do this open scripts.txt and remove this part:
1224979098644774914 2105 2 1224979098644774916
(and change the 67 at the start to a 66)
there should be only 1 under "npc_morale"

Back
Top Bottom