TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

Users who are viewing this thread

b9AcE

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
First some praise:
TweakMB is the program that has extended my enjoyment of M&B:WB the most of all, as any mod can be fine tuned to match my playing style/desire at any particular time.
For next M&B I hope TaleWorlds integrate something like TweakMB into the native game, capable of editing any installed mod at least to some degree, as it seems an unnecessary amount of pressure on a single person (kefka95) to be the only one maintaining something that is or should be such a core component of everyone's gameplay enjoyment experience.
Maybe they will even pay kefka95 create that functionality..? *hint* *hint*

Now, some requests to kefka95 since an update is planned anyway:
* Out of the mod versions previously supported it seems "1257 AD", "Native Expansion" and "Sword of Damocles: Warlords" are the only ones updated and quite a bit as well. Could support for these maybe be updated in TweakMB as well?
For most mods either claiming it is Native of latest version or "Floris 2.54 Expanded" seems to make TweakMB able to work on mods other than officially supported albeit with various features disabled, but if you're at it anyway... :wink:

* Out of the mods not previously supported I would like to see, if you can take the time, support to be added for "A Clash of Kings" (seemingly the most popular mod at this time, according to ModDB anyway) or something a bit more different like "Phantasy Calradia" or "Light&Darkness - Heroes of Calradia" maybe for some great variation?

Again, thank you for providing what in my mind during all these years has been the most useful end user single player tool out there, without which I probably would not have been recommending all my friends to buy the game.

Edit: I'd suggest restricting the "Skills" section so that the skill "Weapon Master" doesn't allow a higher "Max level" than 10 as at least in my experience going higher than 10 will have bad and unexpected effects on other stats, whereas all other stats seem to be fine all the way up to and including level 15 in all (tens of, supported or not) mods i have tried it in so far, just NOT "Weapon Master".
 

kefka95

Squire
b9AcE said:
First some praise:
TweakMB is the program that has extended my enjoyment of M&B:WB the most of all, as any mod can be fine tuned to match my playing style/desire at any particular time.
For next M&B I hope TaleWorlds integrate something like TweakMB into the native game, capable of editing any installed mod at least to some degree, as it seems an unnecessary amount of pressure on a single person (kefka95) to be the only one maintaining something that is or should be such a core component of everyone's gameplay enjoyment experience.
Maybe they will even pay kefka95 create that functionality..? *hint* *hint*

Thank you for the kind words!  I wouldn't count on them paying me anything to tweak their own game - the devs probably don't even know that TweakMB exists :mrgreen:.

Now, some requests to kefka95 since an update is planned anyway:
* Out of the mod versions previously supported it seems "1257 AD", "Native Expansion" and "Sword of Damocles: Warlords" are the only ones updated and quite a bit as well. Could support for these maybe be updated in TweakMB as well?

You're correct that the tweak information is currently out of date for several mods.  The downside to supporting many mods is that it's difficult to keep them all up to date!  That said, some of the mods are definitely due for a tweak update.

* Out of the mods not previously supported I would like to see, if you can take the time, support to be added for "A Clash of Kings" (seemingly the most popular mod at this time, according to ModDB anyway) or something a bit more different like "Phantasy Calradia" or "Light&Darkness - Heroes of Calradia" maybe for some great variation?

I'll take a look at some of the newer mods and see what I can do.  It's not really that difficult to add new mods - it's mostly just time-consuming and a bit tedious, and I tend to have a lazy streak about me that prevents things from getting done :roll:.

Edit: I'd suggest restricting the "Skills" section so that the skill "Weapon Master" doesn't allow a higher "Max level" than 10 as at least in my experience going higher than 10 will have bad and unexpected effects on other stats, whereas all other stats seem to be fine all the way up to and including level 15 in all (tens of, supported or not) mods i have tried it in so far, just NOT "Weapon Master".

Thanks for the heads-up.  I wasn't aware of this, so I'll take a look at it and see what I can find out.
 

Helix Falks

Squire
WBWF&S
seoman of earthsea said:
The Newest version does not manipulate "Twilight of the Sun King" or "A Clash of Kings" as promised...is there another version to follow which does. Also cannot seem to manipulate party sizes for any mod as such. Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.

No such promise was made and neither of those mods are supported which is clear by the first post.
 

tristanisms

Recruit
I have a suggestion; can you please add an option to either modify the amount of troops you loose after being defeated, or remove the loss altogether?
 

b9AcE

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Some options are just not applicable to some mods, or are not where/how the program expects them in the files, and so are disabled rather than producing horribly wrong results.

For some mods you will get a lot more options available if you select a different mod from the list of supported mods in the beginning.
If the mods you want to tweak is not officially supported in your version but is based on one that is supported, then in general selecting those will produce the best result.
Otherwise just try to guess what is the most similar.
At least that's what I do.
In most cases this tends to mean "Floris 2.54 Expanded" for any major and recent mods in my experience.
 
okey, I was thoe modifying pbod (pre battle orders & diplomacy). I have checek how does all script file and etc. looks with module system and they are kind of bound together so could that be the reason? or would it fix the problem if I would cheat as: mark that I am editing brytenwalda or floris. I have selected 1.153 what is correct. I don't really mind if you don't know but there is just so many good options to use :cry:
 

xMJOLNIRx

Recruit
Hope Im not necro-ing a dead thread, but TweakMB WILL NOT load WFaS modules, even the native one it comes with crashes halfway through the load.  Any help??
 

kefka95

Squire
xMJOLNIRx said:
Hope Im not necro-ing a dead thread, but TweakMB WILL NOT load WFaS modules, even the native one it comes with crashes halfway through the load.  Any help??

Could you describe exactly what is happening?  Do you get an error message, or anything else onscreen that would provide information?
 

Guanfei

Recruit
Hi, i'll just add my suggestions here :smile:

Making TweakMB compatible with the last version of Sword Of Damocles and 1429, la Guerre de Cent ans when the enhanced version will be released (which is wonderful mod)
 

kefka95

Squire
Guanfei said:
Hi, i'll just add my suggestions here :smile:

Making TweakMB compatible with the last version of Sword Of Damocles and 1429, la Guerre de Cent ans when the enhanced version will be released (which is wonderful mod)

Thanks for the suggestions.  Right now I'm working on getting the 1.158 update finished (I'm embarrassed to admit, it's been so long since I've updated TweakMB that it's taking me some time to remember how the heck to do it! :oops:).  Once the 1.158 update is complete, then it will be time to focus on some new/updated mods, although I don't know which ones will be first.
 

xelbar

Recruit
kefka95 said:
Guanfei said:
Hi, i'll just add my suggestions here :smile:

Making TweakMB compatible with the last version of Sword Of Damocles and 1429, la Guerre de Cent ans when the enhanced version will be released (which is wonderful mod)

Thanks for the suggestions.  Right now I'm working on getting the 1.158 update finished (I'm embarrassed to admit, it's been so long since I've updated TweakMB that it's taking me some time to remember how the heck to do it! :oops:).  Once the 1.158 update is complete, then it will be time to focus on some new/updated mods, although I don't know which ones will be first.

I'm having a really strange problem.

http://i.imgur.com/cNPMCUM.png

Using TweakMB (choose quest from menu, meet with village elder/guild master in the menu, cattle follow behavior) in Native module, no other mod - I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't help. Is it because I'm using 1.158 and the (still) outdated TweakMB?

edit: And thanks for all your work, man. I couldn't imagine playing Warband without TweakMB.
 

kefka95

Squire
xelbar said:
kefka95 said:
Guanfei said:
Hi, i'll just add my suggestions here :smile:

Making TweakMB compatible with the last version of Sword Of Damocles and 1429, la Guerre de Cent ans when the enhanced version will be released (which is wonderful mod)

Thanks for the suggestions.  Right now I'm working on getting the 1.158 update finished (I'm embarrassed to admit, it's been so long since I've updated TweakMB that it's taking me some time to remember how the heck to do it! :oops:).  Once the 1.158 update is complete, then it will be time to focus on some new/updated mods, although I don't know which ones will be first.

I'm having a really strange problem.

http://i.imgur.com/cNPMCUM.png

Using TweakMB (choose quest from menu, meet with village elder/guild master in the menu, cattle follow behavior) in Native module, no other mod - I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't help. Is it because I'm using 1.158 and the (still) outdated TweakMB?

edit: And thanks for all your work, man. I couldn't imagine playing Warband without TweakMB.

It's most likely the choose quest from menu piece that's causing the issue, as that's one of the tweaks that changed with 1.158.  The other two tweaks you mentioned should be okay in 1.158.
 

xelbar

Recruit
kefka95 said:
xelbar said:
kefka95 said:
Guanfei said:
Hi, i'll just add my suggestions here :smile:

Making TweakMB compatible with the last version of Sword Of Damocles and 1429, la Guerre de Cent ans when the enhanced version will be released (which is wonderful mod)

Thanks for the suggestions.  Right now I'm working on getting the 1.158 update finished (I'm embarrassed to admit, it's been so long since I've updated TweakMB that it's taking me some time to remember how the heck to do it! :oops:).  Once the 1.158 update is complete, then it will be time to focus on some new/updated mods, although I don't know which ones will be first.

I'm having a really strange problem.

http://i.imgur.com/cNPMCUM.png

Using TweakMB (choose quest from menu, meet with village elder/guild master in the menu, cattle follow behavior) in Native module, no other mod - I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't help. Is it because I'm using 1.158 and the (still) outdated TweakMB?

edit: And thanks for all your work, man. I couldn't imagine playing Warband without TweakMB.

It's most likely the choose quest from menu piece that's causing the issue, as that's one of the tweaks that changed with 1.158.  The other two tweaks you mentioned should be okay in 1.158.

Thank you very much! And thanks again for your continued effort to make this little gem work.
 

Arrataz

Recruit
kefka95 said:
Right now I'm working on getting the 1.158 update finished (I'm embarrassed to admit, it's been so long since I've updated TweakMB that it's taking me some time to remember how the heck to do it! :oops:).  Once the 1.158 update is complete, then it will be time to focus on some new/updated mods, although I don't know which ones will be first.

First, let me say thank you for making this utility. It smoothed over some of the most annoying aspects in the game and kept me playing. I honestly can't play the game anymore now that the patch broke your utility. :sad:

I have no idea how much time a project like this takes, it looks pretty tedious. Do you expect the new version to be out in the next few weeks or sometime next year? I'm wearing out my bookmark, checking this page daily in anticipation! :smile:
 

FlyByU

Regular
M&BWBWF&S
kefka95 I was wondering if you can add in this update for 1.158 where you can be able to attack anyone if you so choose. So you can attack Manhunters etc...
 

kefka95

Squire
Arrataz said:
kefka95 said:
Right now I'm working on getting the 1.158 update finished (I'm embarrassed to admit, it's been so long since I've updated TweakMB that it's taking me some time to remember how the heck to do it! :oops:).  Once the 1.158 update is complete, then it will be time to focus on some new/updated mods, although I don't know which ones will be first.

First, let me say thank you for making this utility. It smoothed over some of the most annoying aspects in the game and kept me playing. I honestly can't play the game anymore now that the patch broke your utility. :sad:

I have no idea how much time a project like this takes, it looks pretty tedious. Do you expect the new version to be out in the next few weeks or sometime next year? I'm wearing out my bookmark, checking this page daily in anticipation! :smile:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town for the past week.  I just need to find some time to finish up the current update, then we'll be good to go.  That said, I think the current version should work fine with 1.158, with the exception of choose quest from menu and maybe one or two other tweaks.
 
Top Bottom