TweakMB updated with WF&S support

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can continue from your save :smile: just have to wait a few days to see your weapons appear in the merchants list is all

Oh okay, i made all the custom weapons buyable. But not appeared it. Perhaps im not waiting long enough.

Are the old weapons in the item_kinds file, im struggle to figure out if they've changed the names of the old ones, or added extra. Really want my warband weapons back :sad:

Guanfei said:
Still have issues with the item ID in the tweaks.

I'm honestly not sure what would be causing this.  I tried loading up the item_kinds file you sent me, and everything worked like normal.  Do the "shots before reloading" tweaks show up correctly, or are they off as well?

kefka95 said:
Guanfei said:
Still have issues with the item ID in the tweaks.

I'm honestly not sure what would be causing this.  I tried loading up the item_kinds file you sent me, and everything worked like normal.  Do the "shots before reloading" tweaks show up correctly, or are they off as well?

They are off. Same problem. And the same with warband.

The only problem I'm having is when i change how many mercenaries i can hire in the taverns i wait 2 weeks just to make sure then i go into a tavern and most of them are still the default. not a big problem but just wanted to let you know.

Thank you so much for doing this. After being able to tweak Warband for so long, it killed me to be without the system when With Fire & Swrod came out. So thank you thank you thank you for doing this! Excellent work!

Does the new patch (1.141) override tweaked files?
Is it safe to use TweakMB with the new patch installed?

Yes, the patch will overwrite all tweaked files.
Most of the tweaks that worked previously should still work. Changes should be greyed out if they no longer work, so it should be fairly safe. Plus, TweakMB creates backups for you on the off chance something doesn't work.

cthr said:
Is it safe to use TweakMB with the new patch installed?

I playey with tweaked options yesterday for several hours and encountered no problems.

Just one problem but this was also in the game version before, is during specific castle battles my men won't listen when I give them orders. They charge right away regardless of ordering them to hold position or stay ground.  :???:

I've noticed that if I have battle continuation turned on, I lose the ability to bring up the heads-up display with the backspace key. I can't remember if I had this problem in 1.139, but it definitely shows up under 1.140 and 1.141.

Zut said:
I've noticed that if I have battle continuation turned on, I lose the ability to bring up the heads-up display with the backspace key. I can't remember if I had this problem in 1.139, but it definitely shows up under 1.140 and 1.141.
This is completely unsurprising. kefka is serious with the version numbers he included in TweakMB as to what versions battle continuation is compatible with and straying from that (in any M&B game) is extremely likely to break things. The way TweakMB gets battle continuation to work is by (almost?) completely replacing mission_templates.txt, and as changes almost always get made to that every patch, it is very version-specific. So, as the button says it is for 1.138-1.139, battle continuation shouldn't be used with later versions, until kefka is able to update TweakMB.

It is therefore appropriate that I am completely unsurprised. I thought it might be a useful piece of information that I hadn't seen posted before.

I'm resigned to the fact that the party will stop every time some village idiot gets lucky with the bark-covered boomstick he carved out of a tree branch that morning, whilst I wait patiently for a new release of this most excellent tool. 

It would be nice if they could just incorporate this feature into the game via a patch, I doubt there were many situations where everyone just stopped fighting mid-battle because the commander had been knocked unconscious...!

Not really true. Historically, the loss of a commander would often shatter an army's resolve and send them all running. Look at the Battle of Hastings. The Saxons held their ground solidly against everything the Normans threw at them until their king was killed by an arrow to the eye. After that, the enitre army began to panic and dissolve andthe Normans conquered England. So it's a bit realistic that the battle ends when we get knocked out, if a bit of a let down  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom