TweakMB updated with WF&S support

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The companions are still bickering and leaving, and I didn't get the 'hang deserters' option.

And Battle Continuation isn't either since the patch. 

Those are the ones I care about and use.

The only Tweaks I applied was battle continuation, which works fine, (I started a new game as suggested). The battle continuation was an important addition to the game, as it did help to relieve some of the frustrations of the bugs.
I did apply it to the patched game, so try starting a new game.

dulahan said:
The companions are still bickering and leaving, and I didn't get the 'hang deserters' option.

And Battle Continuation isn't either since the patch. 

Those are the ones I care about and use.

This may be obvious, but did you make sure to re-apply the tweaks after installing the patch?  All of the currently-supported WF&S tweaks should be literally identical between 1.138 and 1.139, with the possible exception of the "tavern keepers buy prisoners" tweak (and I think even that one may be the same).

Yozzer said:
The only Tweaks I applied was battle continuation, which works fine, (I started a new game as suggested). The battle continuation was an important addition to the game, as it did help to relieve some of the frustrations of the bugs.
I did apply it to the patched game, so try starting a new game.

I have to admit, it bugs me that people are having to start a new game for battle continuation, as it shouldn't actually be necessary.  I think I may know what's causing it, however, so I'll try to include a new version with the next TweakMB release.

Guanfei said:
Hum, i have the same problem with warband now. The tweaks don't work and each time i try it on warband, the game crash when i save.

It sounds like there may be just be some general issues between your system and TweakMB, as the Warband tweaks all still work fine for me as well.  Although with Warband you have to be extra careful to make sure you're selecting the right version, the right tweak database, the right module, etc.  Were the Warband tweaks working prior to the latest TweakMB release?

Also, I did receive your item_kinds file (thanks for sending it!).  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I'll try to go over it soon.

Yeah, mine doesn't crash, I just can't continue a battle.  Which is a tad annoying because I'm rather far in right now, lots of handcrafted equipment and all.  Lots of money saved, and now need to start over.  (Never been comfortable with the money or edit things myself - so means redoing it all)

I have this issue when modifying map size:
      Occasionally the game will freeze for few seconds, screen goes back to the previous frame, back again to the frame the game froze at and pretty much alternating between these 2 frames until i alt tab it...
      Changing the size to default will prevent this from happening but i really want to play on larger map.

dulahan said:
Yeah, mine doesn't crash, I just can't continue a battle.  Which is a tad annoying because I'm rather far in right now, lots of handcrafted equipment and all.  Lots of money saved, and now need to start over.  (Never been comfortable with the money or edit things myself - so means redoing it all)

I'll try a new version of the battle continuation tweak, and with any luck the new one will work correctly with savegames.

haus said:
      I have this issue when modifying map size:
      Occasionally the game will freeze for few seconds, screen goes back to the previous frame, back again to the frame the game froze at and pretty much alternating between these 2 frames until i alt tab it...
      Changing the size to default will prevent this from happening but i really want to play on larger map.

I'm guessing this is an issue of not having enough memory (or the game not being able to access enough of the memory you do have).  I used to have this exact same problem with a couple of mods I used to play, but after tweaking my system settings to increase the amount of memory the game can access, it never happened again.

In this case, using a larger map will take more memory, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the issue here.  Try following the suggestions in this link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.  The post is in the 1257 AD forum, but the fixes will apply to anything you do in the game.

kefka95 said:
dulahan said:

I'll try a new version of the battle continuation tweak, and with any luck the new one will work correctly with savegames.

Interesting, it might just be Wagon Fort attacks it happens on - I haven't done a defense yet, but nor have I been knocked down in a pure field battle in the original.

But now in a new game, knocked out in a fort, immediate ending.  Despite continuing working in the field. I wonder if that was the issue? 

I've had no problems with battle continuation until today. I tested it out a bit to see if it had stopped working, but it seems that it only fails to work when the enemy uses a wagon fort.

the wagon forts are buggy as hell since the patch.

enemys (or own troops) cant "leave the map" at the corners when they run away, they always get "beamed back in" 10 meters.
mybe this also affects, or is even caused by, the battle continue mod?

because since the latest patch i am unable to continue battles when i die as well (not sure though whether it happens only in wagon fort battles or in generall).

PS:
after the patch was applied i reapplied all TweakMB changes that i need (ammo count, companions not leaving and battle continuation) and started a new game. just in case that it matters

Edit:

okay only affects the wagon fort battles! other fights can be continued as useual!

Thanks guys, it sounds like you did a good job of identifying the problem for me :mrgreen:!  I don't doubt at all that the wagon fort thing is the issue.  When I set up the battle continuation tweak, I have to set it up for each individual type of battle (ie, each type of siege, field battle, village raid, etc).  At the time, I probably had no idea there was even such a thing as wagon fort battles.

Unfortunately there are a bunch of foreign-sounding battle types in mission_templates, and I'm not sure which ones the wagon fort battles are associated with.  A couple have the word "wagenburg" in them, so I'll try those first.

Small update released for tonight.  A couple of tweaks were enabled for WF&S, and battle continuation should be working with wagon fort battles now (I hope anyway).  I also added some "just for fun" tweaks for changing the number of shots you can fire before reloading.  You now have the stunning ability to give yourself a semi-automatic pistol if you want!

4.01 (05.09.11) -----> Download most current version here [M&B Repository]
  • Added new tweaks for changing number of shots before reloading for crossbows and guns (under Battle Options submenu)
  • Enabled WF&S tweaks for food consumption, mercenary contracts, prisoner recruit interval
  • Updated WF&S battle continuation to work with wagon fort battles (I think...)
  • Updated faction names on faction color tweaks to reflect WF&S names

Just applied your Tweaks OK, the gun tweak is great, I suppose the purist will not want to use it, but I now have a six shooter  :grin:  Many thanks for your work  :cool:

Will this allow me to make the weapons from warband available in WF&S?

Also, to make make an item (for instance the double barrel guns) available from the merchants do i click the "merchant" toggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom