TweakMB updated with WF&S support

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhampy

Recruit
jarvawolf said:
foxdie yup click the merchant toggle and up the avlability of the item as well helps a lot :smile:

I'm confused.  Is this in TweakMB or something else?  Because the only merchant thing I see in that is dealing with money and it's greyed out.
 

kefka95

Squire
Hey all, just wanted to give a heads-up that I'm working on getting TweakMB updated for the lastest versions of Warband and WF&S.  I'm afraid I let myself slack off a bit with the whole "paying attention to M&B" thing, so I once again find myself falling behind and scrambling to catch up.

No promises on when the update will be ready, but hopefully not more than a week or so.  I was hoping I'd see that the WF&S module system had been released sometime in the last couple of months, but no such luck!
 

Modern_Dandy

Regular
WBWF&S
kefka95 said:
I was hoping I'd see that the WF&S module system had been released sometime in the last couple of months, but no such luck!
Hasn't it been released? There seems to be a download link on the TW website for it.
 

Gulatr

Squire
Can I use the current version of TweakMB to disable companion complaints in the current game version 1.143?

I'm not sure because TweakMB is showing support for version 1.138\9 in the program text, nothing about 1.143.

Any help would be appreciated.
 

commie09

Recruit
kefka95 said:
Hey all, just wanted to give a heads-up that I'm working on getting TweakMB updated for the lastest versions of Warband and WF&S.  I'm afraid I let myself slack off a bit with the whole "paying attention to M&B" thing, so I once again find myself falling behind and scrambling to catch up.

No promises on when the update will be ready, but hopefully not more than a week or so.  I was hoping I'd see that the WF&S module system had been released sometime in the last couple of months, but no such luck!

WFAS module system is out :grin:
 

TheMunch

Recruit
I've encountered a problem while using this (I only started using this today).

My game version is currently 1.138 and I select the TweakMB module part to that version.


Every time I change something that affects the script.txt file I always get this error message:

"Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\Ogniem i Mieczem\scripts.txt"

With the window titled "RGL Error".


I use the backup scripts.txt file and some changes are still there and take effect (changes that I'm sure have an affect on the scripts.txt file).

For example if I change a setting in "Prisoner Management", with my game version the only setting available for edit is "Increase in max prisoners per point of prisoner management (Default is 5)". If I change that value and save it then the error will occur. However the checkbox in that section that allows me to sell prisoners to tavern keepers is still enabled and it works.


I have searched for this issue on Google, I've searched this topic and board. I've found other cases of this error for different files and also this same error with the scripts.txt file for another mod. I haven't found anything regarding this though.

I am going to download the 1.143 patch soon, which might have this problem fixed for that version's module, but I don't know when I'm going to download it.


Any ideas?
 

kefka95

Squire
TheMunch said:
I've encountered a problem while using this (I only started using this today).

My game version is currently 1.138 and I select the TweakMB module part to that version.


Every time I change something that affects the script.txt file I always get this error message:

"Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\Ogniem i Mieczem\scripts.txt"

With the window titled "RGL Error".


I use the backup scripts.txt file and some changes are still there and take effect (changes that I'm sure have an affect on the scripts.txt file).

For example if I change a setting in "Prisoner Management", with my game version the only setting available for edit is "Increase in max prisoners per point of prisoner management (Default is 5)". If I change that value and save it then the error will occur. However the checkbox in that section that allows me to sell prisoners to tavern keepers is still enabled and it works.


I have searched for this issue on Google, I've searched this topic and board. I've found other cases of this error for different files and also this same error with the scripts.txt file for another mod. I haven't found anything regarding this though.

I am going to download the 1.143 patch soon, which might have this problem fixed for that version's module, but I don't know when I'm going to download it.


Any ideas?

Thanks for pointing this out - I had never noticed this bug before.  I think I do know what's causing it - it's because the way WF&S handles party sizes was completely changed with the 1.143 patch, and the new method is what TweakMB is currently setup to support.  Apparently this causes problems when TweakMB writes to the scripts.txt file for 1.138-1.139.

I'll try to make sure the 1.138-1.139 version of the tweak is working in the next TweakMB release, but my best advice for now would be to start with a clean version of 1.143 and then use the 1.143 versions of the tweaks.
 

TheMunch

Recruit
kefka95 said:
TheMunch said:
I've encountered a problem while using this (I only started using this today).

My game version is currently 1.138 and I select the TweakMB module part to that version.


Every time I change something that affects the script.txt file I always get this error message:

"Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\Ogniem i Mieczem\scripts.txt"

With the window titled "RGL Error".


I use the backup scripts.txt file and some changes are still there and take effect (changes that I'm sure have an affect on the scripts.txt file).

For example if I change a setting in "Prisoner Management", with my game version the only setting available for edit is "Increase in max prisoners per point of prisoner management (Default is 5)". If I change that value and save it then the error will occur. However the checkbox in that section that allows me to sell prisoners to tavern keepers is still enabled and it works.


I have searched for this issue on Google, I've searched this topic and board. I've found other cases of this error for different files and also this same error with the scripts.txt file for another mod. I haven't found anything regarding this though.

I am going to download the 1.143 patch soon, which might have this problem fixed for that version's module, but I don't know when I'm going to download it.


Any ideas?

Thanks for pointing this out - I had never noticed this bug before.  I think I do know what's causing it - it's because the way WF&S handles party sizes was completely changed with the 1.143 patch, and the new method is what TweakMB is currently setup to support.  Apparently this causes problems when TweakMB writes to the scripts.txt file for 1.138-1.139.

I'll try to make sure the 1.138-1.139 version of the tweak is working in the next TweakMB release, but my best advice for now would be to start with a clean version of 1.143 and then use the 1.143 versions of the tweaks.

Yeah I figured I'd have to update sooner or later, and I thought updating the game and working from the 1.143 module would solve the problem.

Thanks for the quick and helpful response. :smile:
 

JoTheVeteran

Recruit
First of all, I have the steam version of F&S so it's always updated and It HAS to be the default module choice in TweakMB since it sadly can't figure the versions apart, the 1.143.
Ok, I've downloaded the latest TweakMB and applied pretty much most of the tweaks that are active. The aftermath was :
red line error scripts showing continuously and without an end in conversations,
the tavern in towns cause a crash or something? - i could see the tavern from above but couldn't do anything and tab didn't exit,
in battles people kept dying without even a shot being fired, like they were killed by an invisible force, both allied and enemies, battles lasted 10-30 secs,
and lastly the game crashed to desktop in wagon fort battles every time i tried to initiate one of them.

That's what stroke out mostly but there could also be other stuff I didn't notice. And there was no way to revert the changes since the TweakMB backups didn't work. I did a steam game files integrity check and thankfully that worked reverting the game to factory settings.

So what I guess I'm asking here is, does this thing even work in F&S, because I've once tested it in Warband and it worked flawlessly.
Also did any of this happened to you guys too?
Is there any way to know the changes I CAN do that won't screw the whole game?

Looking forward for any replies.
 

JoTheVeteran

Recruit
Really? None? Come on you guys! I gave this question two whole days to "simmer" and no one answered?
I'm not asking anything technical, like how to resolve the issues presented to me, I did that myself.
Just which tweaks CAN I use that wont mess up the game, someone HAS to know that already!
 

kefka95

Squire
JoTheVeteran said:
Really? None? Come on you guys! I gave this question two whole days to "simmer" and no one answered?
I'm not asking anything technical, like how to resolve the issues presented to me, I did that myself.
Just which tweaks CAN I use that wont mess up the game, someone HAS to know that already!

Sorry for the late reply Jo, I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to post.  To answer your question, all enabled tweaks should be working with WF&S 1.143.  If you send a zipped-up copy of your module text files to [email protected], I can take a look at them and see what's going on.  Beyond that, there's not much I can tell you without seeing what you're actually working with.
 

JoTheVeteran

Recruit
Dude, seriously, that's gotta be allot of work! I mean, check all the lines of code... I didn't ask for that. Besides, the check integrity thingy of steam pretty much restored all files to factory defaults, so I can't send you the tweaked module files now, they're gone.
Still you say all the enabled tweaks work right?

Any ideas on what could have caused the symptoms I described?

Anything I could have done wrong withing these lines?
I loaded a saved file after applying the tweaks, didn't try a new game.
I reworked pretty much ALL the tweaks.
Could it be that I have another version? I auto update with steam and play MP, so there's gotta be the very last one right? Still I can't verify the version from the exe file, only in the F&S first menu screen. It says 1.143... could it be not?

Thank you for your reply.
 

kefka95

Squire
JoTheVeteran said:
Dude, seriously, that's gotta be allot of work! I mean, check all the lines of code... I didn't ask for that. Besides, the check integrity thingy of steam pretty much restored all files to factory defaults, so I can't send you the tweaked module files now, they're gone.
Still you say all the enabled tweaks work right?

Any ideas on what could have caused the symptoms I described?

Anything I could have done wrong withing these lines?
I loaded a saved file after applying the tweaks, didn't try a new game.
I reworked pretty much ALL the tweaks.
Could it be that I have another version? I auto update with steam and play MP, so there's gotta be the very last one right? Still I can't verify the version from the exe file, only in the F&S first menu screen. It says 1.143... could it be not?

Thank you for your reply.

It really isn't a problem to send the files.  I just use a file comparison tool to verify which changes have been made between the original and tweaked files, and from there it usually becomes pretty obvious what the issue is.  It generally doesn't take me more than a minute or two to identify the problem, so please don't be afraid to send the files on over.

My guess is that the the module version you're selecting in TweakMB is not matching the module version you actually have.  This is the most common culprit when a large number of things are going wrong all at the same time.  I wish I could have TweakMB auto-detect which module you're actually using, but unfortunately there's just no easy way to do it automatically.  That said, I can also determine that pretty easily just from looking over the files.

Here's what I would do:  re-enter the tweaks on an unmodified module (or at least some of the tweaks) and see if you're still having the same issues.  If you are, go ahead and send the files over, and we'll get it figured out :mrgreen:.

 

173D

Veteran
He should make a copy of his Native folder and apply the tweaks to that, then run that version and see if he is having the same issues.
Sounds like operator error to me.
 

JoTheVeteran

Recruit
Ok I'm gonna try what 173D suggested now and if there's a problem again I'll send you the modules, both the tweaked and the default.

Um.. I Just noticed the rar file for the default module amounts at 87.2MB, that's pretty big. Are there any folders in there that I don't need to include?

I'm gonna wrap it up in this post edit, I don't think it needs any more attention.
Well, I tested it out and it seems to work fine now, nothing I could see at first glance. Did a couple of battles too, np. So.... I really don't freaking know what happened that other time?!?
Two things come to mind, last time I had the particles file in the module modified for more blood (blood enhancement mod), this time I used the original.
Also in Battle options/continuation tab in TweakMB, last time I enabled battle continuation for both F&S and Warband and it accepted both of the inputs even though I had loaded the F&S Module. I found that kinda weird but because I also have WB installed I thought it found the module itself and didn't gave it much though.

Other than that, it works fine now, apparently, so all's well that ends well right?

I still would like some more tweaks though, if anyone could take a peak at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199569.0.html that'd be cool.

Thanks for the replies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom