TweakMB updated with WF&S support

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulahan

Squire
M&BWBWF&S
kefka95 said:
dulahan said:
I am getting the impression Battle Continuation requires a new game, since it didn't take effect with my own.

Battle continuation should not require a new game.  When you hit the button in TweakMB, did it say the tweak was enabled successfully?  It's entirely possible that there are parts of the tweak that don't work quite right yet, as it hasn't exactly had time to go through any extensive testing :mrgreen:.

Has it worked for anyone else here?

It said it was, but it didn't work.  New game?  Not a problem.
 

kefka95

Squire
dulahan said:
kefka95 said:
dulahan said:
I am getting the impression Battle Continuation requires a new game, since it didn't take effect with my own.

Battle continuation should not require a new game.  When you hit the button in TweakMB, did it say the tweak was enabled successfully?  It's entirely possible that there are parts of the tweak that don't work quite right yet, as it hasn't exactly had time to go through any extensive testing :mrgreen:.

Has it worked for anyone else here?

It said it was, but it didn't work.  New game?  Not a problem.

Could you let me know if it ends up working with your new game?  That may give me an inkling as to what the problem is.
 

Guanfei

Recruit
kefka95 said:
Guanfei said:
Doesn't work for me. All the modifications are saved, but not applied.

Which tweaks are you trying to use?  Some tweaks take some time before you start to notice them ingame.

I'm using the improvements tweaks (build cost and time), but they don't change in the game.
 

kefka95

Squire
Guanfei said:
kefka95 said:
Guanfei said:
Doesn't work for me. All the modifications are saved, but not applied.

Which tweaks are you trying to use?  Some tweaks take some time before you start to notice them ingame.

I'm using the improvements tweaks (build cost and time), but they don't change in the game.

Hmm, I can see that you're right.  The game likely uses a different set of code for the improvements this time around, although the old code is still in there.  It wouldn't be the first time - the code for the arena/tournament tweaks is still in the game as well, although it obviously doesn't actually do anything.  There probably won't be anything I can do about it until the module system is released.
 

Guanfei

Recruit
Well, here is a list of what doesn't work for me:

-Reputation
-Honor
-Ammo
-Build time and cost of improvement
 

kefka95

Squire
Guanfei said:
Well, here is a list of what doesn't work for me:

-Reputation
-Honor
-Ammo
-Build time and cost of improvement

Reputation, honor, and improvement tweaks will not be fully working until the module system is released.  Ammo, on the other hand, should be working fine.  Or at least it works fine for me, which doesn't necessarily mean it works for anyone else :???:.  What specifically were you trying to change, and in what way did it not work?
 

dk3dknight

Regular
M&BWBWF&S
kefka95 said:
Guanfei said:
Well, here is a list of what doesn't work for me:

-Reputation
-Honor
-Ammo
-Build time and cost of improvement

Reputation, honor, and improvement tweaks will not be fully working until the module system is released.  Ammo, on the other hand, should be working fine.  Or at least it works fine for me, which doesn't necessarily mean it works for anyone else :???:.  What specifically were you trying to change, and in what way did it not work?

For me Rep honor ammo and build time work perfectly.

All buildings I made in my swedish town have fast constructed and work perfectly, and honor and rep work fine too, of course randomly I lose 1 honor for some odd reason other then that im now a very honorable loved man, bugs that have spotted on is people keep accusing me of running away, (edit seems this is a normal bug in fire and sword)

Also the screenshots of the 7 gates of hell opening is that fine posting that in this topic, do you want them pmed or another topic? (map tweek bugs)

Ill start uploading them to image hosts while I wait for a response.

Bah ill just post them here

We've got Tubes


The weapons have come alive


All these arrows and bullets you see are actually dancing on screen.


I seem to be somewhere I shouldn't


Trees..


Trees...


Switching to default map size fixed all these problems... might do map size variables differently?
 

Guanfei

Recruit
Maybe it's because i have a french version.
In the ammo section, i don't have arrows or bullets, i have "Date Fruit" or "Olives", "Cap" and "Hat".
 

dk3dknight

Regular
M&BWBWF&S
Guanfei said:
Maybe it's because i have a french version.
In the ammo section, i don't have arrows or bullets, i have "Date Fruit" or "Olives", "Cap" and "Hat".

Interesting...

For me the thing goes Arrows bullets throwing daggers etc... the Item Id is interesting
Bullets itm_tutorial_bolts
 

Yozzer

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Only just noticed this, fantastic, I had put the mod aside until it was patched, (patch due today I believe), then I will use TweakMB and give it another try.
You are a hero  :cool:
 

kefka95

Squire
Guanfei said:
Maybe it's because i have a french version.

I'm guessing this is why.  I don't know of anything specific with the French version, but I do know that other people have had some strange issues when using TweakMB with an international version of the game.

Could you email me a copy of your item_kinds1.txt file to [email protected]?  I'm curious to see what it looks like.  When TweakMB displays the ammo listings, it reads each line of the item_kinds file and displays anything with an item type of Arrow, Bolt, Thrown, or Bullet.  I'm wondering if those IDs are different in the French version, or if I just programmed something incorrectly.
 

kefka95

Squire
dk3dknight said:
Also the screenshots of the 7 gates of hell opening is that fine posting that in this topic, do you want them pmed or another topic? (map tweek bugs)


Switching to default map size fixed all these problems... might do map size variables differently?

I think this may just be a side-effect of changing the map size.  I seem to recall that there were similar weird "things" that happened with that tweak in Warband and M&B as well.  Different map sizes produce different types of results (ie, in my experience setting the maximum possible map size will still result in a nice square map).  Unfortunately, I don't know of any other way to do it off the top of my head.
 

kefka95

Squire
dk3dknight said:
Guanfei said:
Maybe it's because i have a french version.
In the ammo section, i don't have arrows or bullets, i have "Date Fruit" or "Olives", "Cap" and "Hat".

Interesting...

For me the thing goes Arrows bullets throwing daggers etc... the Item Id is interesting
Bullets itm_tutorial_bolts

Yeah, that threw me off at first as well.  Apparently all of the bolt items became bullets, and all of the crossbows became guns.  They must have never gotten around to changing the item IDs :roll:.
 

Guanfei

Recruit
kefka95 said:
Guanfei said:
Maybe it's because i have a french version.

I'm guessing this is why.  I don't know of anything specific with the French version, but I do know that other people have had some strange issues when using TweakMB with an international version of the game.

Could you email me a copy of your item_kinds1.txt file to [email protected]?  I'm curious to see what it looks like.  When TweakMB displays the ammo listings, it reads each line of the item_kinds file and displays anything with an item type of Arrow, Bolt, Thrown, or Bullet.  I'm wondering if those IDs are different in the French version, or if I just programmed something incorrectly.


I sent it to you yesterday, did you get it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom