Tweaked PoP 3.7063

Users who are viewing this thread

For those of you looking for a somewhat.. more fair experience.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a7h7yasid9brqs5/POP_edited_37063.rar

What I did:
- removed ugly hats from hot ladies
- tweaked a few weapons (warammer now has piercing thrust attack, pendor greatsword better at piercing)
- Jatu armor and horse armor nerfed a bit
- just a few minor armor tweaks (more advanced armor, like the closed sallet, buffed)
- fief income brought to levels between current PoP and Native
- minor tweaks to the least efficient enterprises (Ironworks being the most prominent change)
- CKO items and training times halved
- fief improvements times reduced significantly
- some of the companions now have more pronounced skills (Adonja is better at looting, Donovan at training), while some have more diverse skills (every knight companion has 1 in engineering and first aid, for example)
- qualis gems are merchandise and have a very, VERY small chance of appearing on the market..for a big price of 300000.

Don't get the Qualis gem decision but everything else makes sense I guess.

Only time you've got 300k is late game, and at that point it shouldn't be difficult to go and beat those armies with help from other Lords or even on your own.

Decius II said:

Only time you've got 300k is late game, and at that point it shouldn't be difficult to go and beat those armies with help from other Lords or even on your own.

Depends on your game. My current game I started out maxing Trade and Looting to RP a "Merchant King" (a little sarcasm implied, because I mostly just hunted bandits and caravans when I had positive relations) I had all enterprises set up around month 4 or 5 and was rolling in more money than I knew what to do with. Most of my companions had lordly gear pieces. I'm in late game now and I have spent close to a million on upgrading KOs.

Decius II said:

Well, if you consider days 150-200 late game....

Krozzy said:
I'm in late game now and I have spent close to a million on upgrading KOs.

Day 1000+ (like 1014 or something like this).
Upgraded 10 KOs (5-7 upgrades for each), weekly budget varies from -20k to -45k.
Have 2 millions in my pockets.
Never rob caravans or villages. Only sell loot (looting = 8+3) and prisoners. + do tournaments from time to time.

Leonion said:
Decius II said:

Well, if you consider days 150-200 late game....

To be fair, all of my other characters never got that rich until close to day 1,000. I was just saying that some players/characters can amass riches by the end of early game, but I'm sure that's not the majority.

Leonion said:
Krozzy said:
I'm in late game now and I have spent close to a million on upgrading KOs.

Day 1000+ (like 1014 or something like this).
Upgraded 10 KOs (5-7 upgrades for each), weekly budget varies from -20k to -45k.
Have 2 millions in my pockets.
Never rob caravans or villages. Only sell loot (looting = 8+3) and prisoners. + do tournaments from time to time.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm right around the same day as you. You pretty much got me doubled.

My excuse is that I play on Full-Damage No-Save. I was taken prisoner and lost my entire army like 6 times. It's always a HUGE setback and you have to spend weeks retraining/hiring, finding companions, etc., unless it's late game and you can just pull fresh troops from garrisons and tell your steward to recruit again.

Please don't post your personal tweaks as an open download.  This isn't your forum.

[quote author=Deaken]
Please don't post your personal tweaks as an open download.  This isn't your forum.
[/quote]
Is that an official policy or just an opinion? Because I've been preparing my own tweaked game.
I always assumed only posts containing third-party files in them were forbidden.

saerossaeros said:
Is that an official policy or just an opinion? Because I've been preparing my own tweaked game.
I always assumed only posts containing third-party files in them were forbidden.

Dabbling in the occult and then posting it here(I'm assuming w/o permission).. pretty positive that has always been frowned upon.  I mean, I have a tweaked file of the latest version with personal adjustments and some things reverted to prior versions.  Should I post it as well?

Not to mention it is extremely rude towards the devs posting a modified version of their own work on the forum. 

That's just your opinion then, I hope you don't mind if I wait for a mod to clarify this if they think it's needed. I, at least, am interested in knowing what tweaks other players use and how that changes their game.
If you think your changes would add something to others, why not post them? The Muskets and Reiters tweak a couple threads below was awesome to see, even if I'd neved use it.

Feel free to post tweaks or such that aren't from other mods, otherwise I'll have to take them down. OSPs are fine.

Also note that creating new units and possibly new items will not be calculated in autocalc or will have a 0 value effect.

MitchyMatt said:
Also note that creating new units and possibly new items will not be calculated in autocalc or will have a 0 value effect.

Doesn't PoP use Native autocalc strength calculation system as else situation for new units and companions?

Deaken said:
saerossaeros said:

Dabbling in the occult and then posting it here(I'm assuming w/o permission).. pretty positive that has always been frowned upon.  I mean, I have a tweaked file of the latest version with personal adjustments and some things reverted to prior versions.  Should I post it as well?

Not to mention it is extremely rude towards the devs posting a modified version of their own work on the forum.

Looks like you were wrong.
And who said you were the boss?
Some modding communities don't even have an official modding tool and the developer still allows them to mod.

If I were a developer, I would of been fine with people posting modified version of my game as long as they aren't making it free for people who haven't bought the game.

Leonion said:
MitchyMatt said:

Doesn't PoP use Native autocalc strength calculation system as else situation for new units and companions?

Possible, but MV stated roughly that when they are created outside of the source code and are compiled into the files you see when you download, that they don't have any values or that it gets messed up. But Ive been told PoP uses modified autocalc.

MitchyMatt said:
Leonion said:
MitchyMatt said:

Possible, but MV stated roughly that when they are created outside of the source code and are compiled into the files you see when you download, that they don't have any values or that it gets messed up. But Ive been told PoP uses modified autocalc.
Confirmed on the Autocalc.

Regarding personal mods to POP.. go for it.. just to not think for a moment that we will support it or respond to post regarding it.

Just being up front here.  If you have a burning desire to make changes and can justify those changes, then join the dev team and do it for real. 

Decius II said:

The chance of a qualis gem appearing is like 1%. Good luck finding one.
I just fail to see why the only way to get it is to fight OP armies for a small chance you'll capture the enemy. Makes sense that there are gems out there that AREN'T in the hands of warlords.

Deaken said:

This is awfully hypocritical considering that PoP is a mod of M&B. Modding is OK, but a "mod" of a mod! Heresy! :roll:

saxondragon said:
Regarding personal mods to POP.. go for it.. just to not think for a moment that we will support it or respond to post regarding it.

Just being up front here.  If you have a burning desire to make changes and can justify those changes, then join the dev team and do it for real. 

Well, it's just a tweak of a few numbers, no scripts changed, so there really shouldn't be any problems.

And for your second line - I did donate 2 meshes to the project and am thinking of doing more stuff. Is that a good start?  :grin:

TrashMan,

It's just a side effect of having a strong and active community here. It's like some fancy pizza places; When you ask for a different topping on one of their pizzas they are like, "No. We put a lot of work into making these perfect." Well, that is probably a really bad example, but do you know what I am saying? There is a fine line, and some people draw it in different places.

What your doing is completely acceptable, your just tweeking some stuff and sharing it. Your not changing anything about the POP core. There is a lot of players like myself that are genuinely interested in any tweeking that other players do and the reasons.

However, changing the Lore, army spawns, adding your own mods, etc., and then naming it something like "Prophesy of Pendor: Trashman Version"...THAT would be considered rude. Because, you would in effect be dividing the community, even if only a few people played it. There would be discussions that pertained only to your version, causing clutter in this forum. That would be like taking a chef's signature recipe, adding a few things, calling it your own, and showing people in the chef's own restaurant.

Stumpfy said:
How did you shorten the training and equiping time for CKO?
The Tweak on the official Topic doesnt seem to do it anymore.

It worked for me. Are you sure you're tweaking the right values?

Abriael said:
Stumpfy said:
How did you shorten the training and equiping time for CKO?
The Tweak on the official Topic doesnt seem to do it anymore.

It worked for me. Are you sure you're tweaking the right values?

My bad, i couldnt find the line but i must have searched something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom