Tweak for Diplomacy 4.3 to allow use of 'View Orders' hotkey after you get KO'd

Users who are viewing this thread

This is very useful because in Diplomacy 4.3 troops don't automatically charge when you fall in battle, they stick to the last order you gave them before you died.

With this tweak, while you are knocked out, you can still press Backspace (or whatever button you've bound your "View Orders" command to) and manually control your troops by clicking on the minimap and the little table to the left of it.

Oh, and I also doubled the speed of the deathcam movement and rotation because it was so frickin slow.

To install, replace your mission_templates.txt with this: https://pastebin.com/zKc1MLc4

And this is what it looks like in action: as you can see, I am dead but am able to bring up the minimap UI and give all kinds of orders to my troops.

SSseVaV.jpg

Could you write here the source code, so that it can be included in a next version of Diplomacy? The current development version of Diplomacy for 1.174 has an option to change the orders of your troops to charge automatically when you get knocked out, and Floris has also the option to let the AI take over, but this approach is more flexible, of course.

In another mod, I think Silverstag or Perisno, another troop can take over if you are knocked out.

On the other hand, if you are knocked out, you should not be able to give orders. moreover, I am not sure if it would make sense to be able to give any other orders but "Charge"

Back
Top Bottom