[TWC] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Easter Cow

Animated Cow of your Heart
Duke
93de1e7de77697a5033b15a91a62d80b.png

QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

If you have any question or you want to suggest something, feel free to do it here!​

Fietta said:
More discussion on Donut please, the punishment was awful.
[quote author=Fietta]
Without a harsh punishment given to something that clearly still gives you an advantage means that other people would be willing to use it for such little consequence
[/quote]

Players will use it regardless of whether or not they think there will be consequences. Only difference is the ones that actually use it to gain an advantage won't be posting screenshots of it.

I'd argue that all this discussion and fuss about this 'cheat' will probably result in even more players using it maliciously.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Fietta said:
More discussion on Donut please, the punishment was awful.
[quote author=Fietta]
Without a harsh punishment given to something that clearly still gives you an advantage means that other people would be willing to use it for such little consequence

Players will use it regardless of whether or not they think there will be consequences. Only difference is the ones that actually use it to gain an advantage won't be posting screenshots of it.

I'd argue that all this discussion and fuss about this 'cheat' will probably result in even more players using it maliciously.
[/quote]

The fact that stealing is illegal doesnt mean people will stop doing it; it will deter people from doing it because the consequence of getting caught is much greater so people dont take the risk - that's basic psychology. With only a match ban, you're basically asking people to use it to their advantage. By your logic you're basically saying just make every type of cheat like aimbotting a one match ban because they wont record or take screenshots anyways.

Donut is banned for one match and has to take screenshots in all subsequent matches to prove he isn't using it. People comparing the Neogk mod to aimbot or wallhack are doing some mental gymnastics to try and argue that they're equal in the advantage they give, which they obviously aren't. Other admin teams have been very hardline with their decisions relating to this mod, but Donut appears to have been unaware of not only that fact, but of the fact that it wasn't allowed because of how many people use it to play on the servers that support it. I don't think Grafblade and Cr3a deserved permanent tournament bans for their use of it and I don't think Donut deserves a permanent tournament ban for it. However, if he fails to take the screenshots that are necessary or does so and shows himself using it again he will be issued with a ban for the rest of the tournament.

Gibby Jr said:
Donut is banned for one match and has to take screenshots in all subsequent matches to prove he isn't using it. People comparing the Neogk mod to aimbot or wallhack are doing some mental gymnastics to try and argue that they're equal in the advantage they give, which they obviously aren't. Other admin teams have been very hardline with their decisions relating to this mod, but Donut appears to have been unaware of not only that fact, but of the fact that it wasn't allowed because of how many people use it to play on the servers that support it. I don't think Grafblade and Cr3a deserved permanent tournament bans for their use of it and I don't think Donut deserves a permanent tournament ban for it. However, if he fails to take the screenshots that are necessary or does so and shows himself using it again he will be issued with a ban for the rest of the tournament.

banned for a match which we get default for and after that we are kocked out of the tourney afaik lol

HKP said:
i mean like this you can literally use it in final and not get any punishment for it since you keep the rounds lol  :grin:

Gibby can infallibly deduct whether someone cheated intentionally or definitely did not mean to. :^)

In all seriousness, that's what makes the saddest part of this ruling. We now risk the situation that if Gibby's teammate uses it, they can keep the rounds, whereas you and I would definitely lose them + permaban.

Watly said:
HKP said:
i mean like this you can literally use it in final and not get any punishment for it since you keep the rounds lol  :grin:

Gibby can infallibly deduct whether someone cheated intentionally or definitely did not mean to. :^)

In all seriousness, that's what makes the saddest part of this ruling. We now risk the situation that if Gibby's teammate uses it, they can keep the rounds, whereas you and I would definitely lose them + permaban.

Rules should just be like

1. Dont use cheats
2. Dont ddos
3. Use common sense

And then in small print put 'the admins will decide the punishment if broken' that means no one would want to cheat not knowing the consequence...

Watly said:
HKP said:

You think that only because you haven't looked at the reasoning of the admin team or because you are purposefully ignoring it. Donut received a lenient punishment because we don't believe he used the mod with the intention to cheat; in fact, we don't think he was aware that it wasn't allowed at all or that there was anything wrong with it. This is a genuine reason given the context of his regular play on servers like TG Arena which use the mod. All of the FT members are regular forum users and are fully aware of this ruling, so if one of them was using it in a match the only conclusion the admin team could come to would be that this player is attempting to gain an advantage. The same logic will be applied to other teams and players.

Replace 'we' with 'I' and then you're right, especially when 0 of the admins actually had a say in the decision of Donut's punishment, when was the last message put in the admin group chat? 3 weeks ago was it?

Fietta said:
Replace 'we' with 'I' and then you're right, especially when 0 of the admins actually had a say in the decision of Donut's punishment, when was the last message put in the admin group chat? 3 weeks ago was it?

ahh yes, fietta very familiar with the workings of the TWC admin team :lol:

it was discussed with several admins on steam.

Gibby Jr said:
Fietta said:

ahh yes, fietta very familiar with the workings of the TWC admin team :lol:

it was discussed with several admins on steam.

Considering I talked to every admin on the tournament (apart from Bullez as he's been offline even before the decision was made) all of which quite blatantly said they had no say on the decision and assumed that other admins did to the point Herishey asked EasterCow if they should've been involved and then shortly after Herishey messaging you with logs of the conversation. Not only that but I talked to Tardet too to which he and pretty much every other admin said they had no involvement. You can't lie to me boy. So yes, I pretty much know how the admin team runs more than you do, especially if you think you're in some fairy land completely lying pretending you've discussed it with other admins when I have the logs to prove otherwise unless the admins would like to come forth and retract all statements made...

The admins either had no interest in actually doing work or they weren't informed, even though EasterCow posted it he already assumed it was dealt with the other admins even though there was nothing in the group chat at the time which is really odd. So don't you dare lie and attempt to pretend you had several discussions before the announcement was made. Don't ****ing test me.

The decision made was awful.

Gibby Jr said:
Watly said:
HKP said:

You think that only because you haven't looked at the reasoning of the admin team or because you are purposefully ignoring it. Donut received a lenient punishment because we don't believe he used the mod with the intention to cheat; in fact, we don't think he was aware that it wasn't allowed at all or that there was anything wrong with it. This is a genuine reason given the context of his regular play on servers like TG Arena which use the mod. All of the FT members are regular forum users and are fully aware of this ruling, so if one of them was using it in a match the only conclusion the admin team could come to would be that this player is attempting to gain an advantage. The same logic will be applied to other teams and players.

I read through your reasoning, but you decided to completely side-step the points I brought up.

Now, you're claiming that anyone from here on out will get the proper punishment because you expect them to read the forums?! FT members might be regular forum users, but why are you extending that reasoning to every other team in the tournament? Why doesn't this apply to Donut then, who should have read the rules and understood that his mod is not allowed?

It is extremely unlikely we will catch another guy stupid enough to post a screenshot of him using forbidden modifications, so to me, this sounds like a silly attempt at wiping your street clean

Back
Top Bottom