[TWC] Group Stage Week 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cr3a an NW player and a new player to native was permanently banned from WNL after playing for NNN for using this mod and our points were deducted, donut is not a new native player. Quite frankly Apollo you are being horribly biased and stupid.

Watly said:
I am clearly at no point arguing that we lost because they knew our setup without having to scout. A match is more complicated than "X cheated so we lost."

As a cav who has to scout regularly, I would honestly love to not have to do that. if I play it safe, I may not know their setup until the flag is up and they are set up. If I try learn their setup at all costs, I incur risk that can even get me killed against the top teams. Arguing that a feature that does scouting for you has no significant impact is aggravatingly stupid.

Well, scouting is an essential part of competitive. But all this mod does it show the classes no matter how specific that information might be, I do believe that in a match where one team which has a higher skill level than the other should be a clear victory for the better side regardless of this silly mod. A team consisting of Ciiges, Matafiks, Tomayus, LaPache, Samu, Watly (not sure who else I missed) should be able to stomp most teams, especially mid level teams like forgotten (no offence)

Golden said:
Cr3a an NW player and a new player to native was permanently banned from WNC after playing for NNN for using this mod and our points were deducted, donut is not a new native player. Quite frankly Apollo you are being horribly biased and stupid.

I have no connection to Donut and 'quite frankly' I dislike most of his team, its just really unfair to attempt to ban a guy for doing something he didn't know was not allowed. Just as 'Cr3a', Grafblade and Anubis? were all banned for using this mod which is also silly, but that was a different tournament with different admins.

Alyss said:
Whether or not this mod gives a real advantage it is still prohibited to use it. GrafBlade had this issue some time ago and I think that everyone believed him when he said he wasn't trying to cheat but the fact is we can't know so Donut will probably be banned even if he had no means to gain an unfair advantage. He may be asked to record his gameplay for the rest of the tournament or something like that though.
I agree. I'm sure Donut didn't mean to cheat against us. But still it is not allowed to use it and therefore he has to be punished otherwise people can just keep using it and say that it was a mistake everytime they get caught.

Apollo~ said:
I have no connection to Donut and 'quite frankly' I dislike most of his team, its just really unfair to attempt to ban a guy for doing something he didn't know was not allowed. Just as 'Cr3a', Grafblade and Anubis? were all banned for using this mod which is also silly, but that was a different tournament with different admins.

Agreed it is silly to be banned for it. I don't particularly care for Donut or his team to be banned or points lost. They lost either way.

LaPache, the guy who literally said "i got the cheater list from merc frank but wont publish it cause i got friends on it" is calling someone out for an unintended mistake?
:party: :party:

Watly said:
Habimana said:
Watly said:
Frankly, it does not matter what your intentions were when using the mod. The fact is that you used a forbidden modification that gives you and your team a significant advantage. By both the rules and precedent (poor GrafBlade), that should result in a tournament ban and defaulting the rounds you played.
you must be joking. it really does have no impact on the round whatsoever since cav will spot the setup early on anyway (unless it's something like a cav spamm which might end up with the team camping in a corner - which I guess didn't happen)
you guys really need to calm down since this **** mod doesn't have any impact on how you perform as a player

You clearly have no idea how the game works.

What kind of argument is this? xD

Apollo~ said:
Watly said:
I am clearly at no point arguing that we lost because they knew our setup without having to scout. A match is more complicated than "X cheated so we lost."

As a cav who has to scout regularly, I would honestly love to not have to do that. if I play it safe, I may not know their setup until the flag is up and they are set up. If I try learn their setup at all costs, I incur risk that can even get me killed against the top teams. Arguing that a feature that does scouting for you has no significant impact is aggravatingly stupid.

Well, scouting is an essential part of competitive. But all this mod does it show the classes no matter how specific that information might be, I do believe that in a match where one team which has a higher skill level than the other should be a clear victory for the better side regardless of this silly mod. A team consisting of Ciiges, Matafiks, Tomayus, LaPache, Samu, Watly (not sure who else I missed) should be able to stomp most teams, especially mid level teams like forgotten (no offence)

Okay, so I can infer you agree with me that knowing the class composition matters? If I know 100% of the time how many of each class there are, it is a big deal for me as cav + caller. I can now infer who plays what class, what tactic they will use, what tricks they will try etc. If this mod was allowed, I would use it and personally heavily profit from it. I would like to know from the admins if I can install it for my next officials.

No one said we lost because of the mod, stop acting like a smartass.

Habimana said:
Watly said:
Habimana said:
Watly said:
Frankly, it does not matter what your intentions were when using the mod. The fact is that you used a forbidden modification that gives you and your team a significant advantage. By both the rules and precedent (poor GrafBlade), that should result in a tournament ban and defaulting the rounds you played.
you must be joking. it really does have no impact on the round whatsoever since cav will spot the setup early on anyway (unless it's something like a cav spamm which might end up with the team camping in a corner - which I guess didn't happen)
you guys really need to calm down since this **** mod doesn't have any impact on how you perform as a player

An appropriate response to a very dumb comment from you.

Apfel said:
LaPache, the guy who literally said "i got the cheater list from merc frank but wont publish it cause i got friends on it" is calling someone out for an unintended mistake?
:party: :party:
What? I never said that neither do I have a list from merc frank. That was someone else and just turned out me be a meme. And which friends would I even have on that list? 
It's not like you are using the same mod like Donut but just haven't been caught using it yet.

LaPache made a valid point, and I'm pretty sure Donut received and apprehended his point appropiately. It was clearly an unintended mistake on his behalve.
I think Kire has a recording of the match in which can be made clear that Donut did not use the mod in his or our advantage in any way or whatsoever.
You're really making too big of a deal out of nothing here Watly. This is probably one of the last tournaments that will take place on Warband, so just try enjoying it without creating unneccessary drama. You lost fair and square.

Watly said:
Apollo~ said:
Watly said:

Okay, so I can infer you agree with me that knowing the class composition matters? If I know 100% of the time how many of each class there are, it is a big deal for me as cav + caller. I can now infer who plays what class, what tactic they will use, what tricks they will try etc. If this mod was allowed, I would use it and personally heavily profit from it. I would like to know from the admins if I can install it for my next officials.

No one said we lost because of the mod, stop acting like a smartass.

Habimana said:
Watly said:
Habimana said:
Watly said:

An appropriate response to a very dumb comment from you.
I guess you are just pissed because your leading is terrible. Don't worry you will get used to it one day  :smile:

I don't care about the rounds, I don't believe it was a deciding factor in us losing the native side.

The reason I'm making a big deal out of this is because your teammate cheated, purposefully or not, and there needs to be punishment. It doesn't matter if it didn't affect the match result in the end; a level playing field is a cornerstone in fair competition. If match results can stand in which illegal modifications were used, why not use them in the finals and argue they didn't affect the result there then as well? Who cares about permanent bans at that stage for example.

I dislike how you forgotten plebs keep talking as if you won in a tournament where the winner is determined based on an aggregate of native and NW. It shows an incredible disregard to the NW side of things when you act as if only the native match matters.

@Habi, kinda sad how you lost 2-12 to a team with a terrible caller, says a lot about you.

Donut made a mistake using the mod and not knowing the repercussions. I've seen him on TG so I totally believe his story, after all it does crash if you don't use the mod on some maps. Even though that is the case you have to agree that the mod does bring an advantage to the players using it. It allows you to spawn immediately and shows the other teams composition before anyone has even left spawn. That's it though, it doesn't allow you to win a match. I think the team should be warned, Donut should be banned for one match and forced to take screenshots for the rest of the tournament. Just want to clear up I don't think any of the players using it prior to this should've been banned for the entire tournament. TG servers are pretty much the only populated native server sadly.

Continuing on this, only due to a little mistake on his steam community profile were we able to find this out. It highlights a problem we have in the scene. Unless someone is forced to take a screenshot nobody can confirm or deny anything until it's too late. We need to bring forced screenshots back in official matches. Since referees aren't available to watch every single match I think it's not preposterous to have the other team captain able to request a screenshot from up to 3(?) players on the other team.

Watly said:
I dislike how you forgotten plebs keep talking as if you won in a tournament where the winner is determined based on an aggregate of native and NW. It shows an incredible disregard to the NW side of things when you act as if only the native match matters.

lol ok

Thanks shema and agreed.

I would just like to say that in case I have any kind of choice in the matter that I would like to take a tournament long ban if it meant my team gets to keep our earned points/rounds. I would hate for them to have to pay for a stupid ignorant mistake of mine.
I just hope there's a way you understand its unintentional. I was hoping by showing you I posted the pic publicly, oblivious to any illegality, I would help you figure out I'm not lying. If I posted that pic for everyone to see knowing it's illegal in any sort of way I'd have to be a very special kind of low IQ monkey who I hope you don't take me for lol...

I am so sorry for this to the tournament organization and to my teammates most of all because I really didn't use that info at all but I sadly can't prove it, only my teammates know I didn't say **** about that.

I'll shut up and leave this in the admin teams hands now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom