[TWC] €1000+ Cross-Module Tournament Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Fietta said:
Yes, Gibby has been playing NW for months and isnt considered high tier, same with me. The Native skill translates when it comes to core mechanics and switching but once you know that you'll still get punished by any decent NW player. I think people forget that even though it's only two directions, the amount of moves and meta there is on that module far exceeds that of the Native module. In Native module people just rely on basic spam in battle; in NW however, you have to use your own way of fighting to counter the opponent and use mechanics like chambers way more often then that of Native. Native players can block and feint, but cant really do much more on NW at the start. There's actually far more styles in NW than that of Native. If I never really played NW before I'd also be naive in saying how good Native players are, though I do believe they're extremely underestimated. No module is superior as they're completely different. It's like comparing The Witcher to Red dead, both open world RPG, but that's the only similarities.

NW can block two directions just as good as Native players (which is the only real individual skill that translates to NW) but the abuse of the mechanics and the unique styles and constant chambering would ultimately destroy any native player.

Native battle is obviously far more complex and tactical (so much so that theres no comparison) though and that's why theres two big styles, a battle style and a duelling style.

Interesting, clearly I spoke out of ignorance and I apologize. May the tournament results speak for themselves as well.

Charlini said:
Golden said:
I'm not proposing anything, but the basic fact that NW is always played with as many rounds as possible is because it helps to determine a more clear winner. Upsets happen all the time in tournaments when it's ft7 or ft5 because of how easy it can be for a top team to lose a few rounds and get nervous.

This is what makes NW tournaments so exciting because every round is so important and it usually ends up in teams staring at each other afraid to throw a stab. I just believe a 1-1 system is not accurate to represent both modules when they are clearly vastly different in terms of the abilities of gaining rounds. Native rounds are inherently far more important than a round on NW.

Fair enough tourwise, don't share it but understand your point even if in Native every round matters the same way(check early death impacts on top level).

I did propose though, as you were arguing for a while on a heated up way that Native can't rip rounds on a simpler module and that we sucked while claiming your great native experience... I proposed a Native-only vs NW-only in both sides match up whenever we both can, got dodged so far

Look even if I wanted to do that I can guarantee no one from my NW team would want to even launch up Native. Python for instance played for NNN a few times and actually played really really well, but said he hated it for many reasons. I cant force people to play Native, some people just prefer the pure infantry based 1 up 1 down combat and I think that's fine.

EDIT: I've played in a few sword + inf tournaments on NW and cav + inf tournaments on NW and thought they were really good. A lot of native players have actually if anything that would be far better for native players to play on NW than just the pure inf stuff.

It's not like we don't have melee-only tours or groupfights as you call them aswell, but oh well, I guess it won't happen but we'll keep arguing without back up facts, pity.

I'm being serious no one will play native, they just won't do it even if I ask them now. I was also trying to point out we are not just all basic boring inf only 5v5 6v6 etc over here, we do loads of other cool tournaments, protect the king, decremental, sword + inf, cav + inf.

theDonut said:
Fietta said:
Yes, Gibby has been playing NW for months and isnt considered high tier, same with me. The Native skill translates when it comes to core mechanics and switching but once you know that you'll still get punished by any decent NW player. I think people forget that even though it's only two directions, the amount of moves and meta there is on that module far exceeds that of the Native module. In Native module people just rely on basic spam in battle; in NW however, you have to use your own way of fighting to counter the opponent and use mechanics like chambers way more often then that of Native. Native players can block and feint, but cant really do much more on NW at the start. There's actually far more styles in NW than that of Native. If I never really played NW before I'd also be naive in saying how good Native players are, though I do believe they're extremely underestimated. No module is superior as they're completely different. It's like comparing The Witcher to Red dead, both open world RPG, but that's the only similarities.

NW can block two directions just as good as Native players (which is the only real individual skill that translates to NW) but the abuse of the mechanics and the unique styles and constant chambering would ultimately destroy any native player.

Native battle is obviously far more complex and tactical (so much so that theres no comparison) though and that's why theres two big styles, a battle style and a duelling style.

Interesting, clearly I spoke out of ignorance and I apologize. May the tournament results speak for themselves as well.

If you’re interested you can watch my NW team (Mages) go up against Golden’s NW team in the finals of the latest 8v8 tournament on NW.

My team all uses cool mage names so if you want to know who’s who check here:
Ice - Gibby
Rock - Normanguy
Blood - Obelix
Dead - Gerher
Glitter - Maurice
Pepito - LeBrave
Shadow - Kore
Plant - Muha

Also NW groupfights are notoriously boring to watch, but they’re a lot more fun to play than that.

Gibby Jr said:
theDonut said:
Fietta said:

If you’re interested you can watch my NW team (Mages) go up against Golden’s NW team in the finals of the latest 8v8 tournament on NW.

Ice - Gibby
Rock - Normanguy
Blood - Obelix
Dead - Gerher
Glitter - Maurice
Pepito - LeBrave
Shadow - Kore
Plant - Muha

Also NW groupfights are notoriously boring to watch, but they’re a lot more fun to play than that.

The video from our perspective if you are interested in how it looks from our side.

EDIT: Final starts at 16.26

Golden said:
Gibby Jr said:
theDonut said:
Fietta said:

Ice - Gibby
Rock - Normanguy
Blood - Obelix
Dead - Gerher
Glitter - Maurice
Pepito - LeBrave
Shadow - Kore
Plant - Muha

The video from our perspective if you are interested in how it looks from our side.

EDIT: Final starts at 16.26

Im sry, theres just no way to make this look attractive(from a competitive standpoint). I mean just look at it  :lol:

giphy.gif

:roll:

In this CLASSIC which will go down in the history books, we seen the new found top 5 player commonly known as "Golden" who is currently rated at 91 M-Points. This top 5 player who is HIGHLY regarded as one of the most intellectual; skillful and technical players around, is to be feared because once hes in you're head, its over. This gold tier player took on the huge underdog "ThrowUpTheX", this player is regarded as a very good leader of the groupfighting team ChimpZ, he is constantly **** talked upon for being of a poor melee level and uncomparable to his ChimpZ members. This player is rated 0 M-Points and is to be watched closely for the future. Who will win in the battle of the ages and battle of the M-Points!!!!!!

Name: hrod
Nationality: portugese
Past Native Teams: balestra :smile: trinity malta
Past NW Teams: lol
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/hiwhatsupqtwhatsurname/
Preferred Class: inf cav bayoneter

updated
Kazupa said:
BANNER:
Elon-Musk-Royal-Society.jpg

TEAM NAME: Сommunity Elon Mask
CAPTAIN:
ger.png
Ascarion - Steam
CO-CAPTAIN:
rus.png
Kazupa - Steam
ROSTER
esp.png
Scarta
3144152NW ID
rus.png
Kazupa
3194165  359981NW ID
ger.png
Ascarion
385811NW ID
tur.png
FranzJoseph
2317327NW ID
she.png
Garde
1229330NW ID
esp.png
Asediado
1597988NW ID
rus.png
Anubis
1097864NW ID
usa.png
Cow
2125359NW ID
image.png
Bruce
Native IDNW ID
Luca760107NW ID
Pusiak2882278NW ID
Spada721387NW ID
Blacktham1781995816873

Name: huN
Nationality: Turkish
Past Native Teams: IG, DONER
Past NW Teams: a few national teams in around 2013-14, TR team in a cav NC tournament
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/thefirework
Preferred Class: cav

Fietta said:

big true

Motthe said:
Im sry, theres just no way to make this look attractive(from a competitive standpoint). I mean just look at it  :lol:

how about you grab a group of friends and go try to face some decent team, maybe you will like it

also

Gibby Jr said:
NW groupfights are notoriously boring to watch, but they’re a lot more fun to play than that.

KoRe said:
Fietta said:

big true

Motthe said:

how about you grab a group of friends and go try to face some decent team, maybe you will like it

also

Gibby Jr said:
NW groupfights are notoriously boring to watch, but they’re a lot more fun to play than that.

Back
Top Bottom