[TWC] €1000+ Cross-Module Tournament Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

KoRe said:
๖Kern said:
Fwuffy said:
VornOfSwag said:
Golden said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:
Why do all the NW people type like they are mentally challenged?
The year is 2019, still waiting for TW people to discover the meaning of fun.

Being edgy is fun?

Pretty sure being edgy is not as bad as being a cheater.  :roll:

Might’ve ****ed up, still not as bad as being edgy.

Mythicc said:
Mercs and native would be better :razz:
Joe's initial idea when we first talked about it after the last Merc tournament, was to have that cross-modules competition on as many modules as possible (NW, Mercs, Native, etc..). But realistically speaking, when Gibby took over and worked out a realistic way to get this tournament happening, only two modules could be considered with the other tournaments going on at the same time.

Tardet said:
Mythicc said:
Joe's initial idea when we first talked about it after the last Merc tournament, was to have that cross-modules competition on as many modules as possible (NW, Mercs, Native, etc..). But realistically speaking, when Gibby took over and worked out a realistic way to get this tournament happening, only two modules could be considered with the other tournaments going on at the same time.

Its not exactly getting the signups is it.. The mercs tournament alone got more signups than this

Mythicc said:
Tardet said:
Mythicc said:

Its not exactly getting the signups is it.. The mercs tournament alone got more signups than this

From what I've heard, it's not suppose to be extremely popular; it's not 'clans' gathering to form teams, it's usually just random players making teams, so of course there will be less teams, that's a given.

Fietta said:
From what I've heard, it's not suppose to be extremely popular; it's not 'clans' gathering to form teams, it's usually just random players making teams, so of course there will be less teams, that's a given.

That will make it far less competitive and will turn it into a pub sprawl. Would be better to enforce native only... Seems like NW isnt even bringing in many 'teams' anyway. I'm sure native teams would be more likely to sign up if it was native only rather than being forced to be NW too. From what I heard the only admin who pushed for it to be NW is Gibby. No native people i've spoken to apart from like 2 have said they are genuinely interested in this tourney and are only signing up for the money.

Tardet said:
Mythicc said:
*when Gibby took over and worked out a realistic way to get this tournament happening, only two modules could be considered with the other tournaments going on at the same time.

I'm sure most teams would be happy playing 2 officials per week, a few teams sweat the game and play 2 matches a night already.

Mythicc said:
Tardet said:
Mythicc said:

Native & Mercs would even get more teams + be more fun for everyone.

I mean every tournament that exists on Native accommodates mercs players as the combat is the same, the only difference is armour etc. Any mercs team could happily sign up to this one if they want, it's not like the prize pool is mercs money, so it's worth a shot, if you were to specifically include mercs players it would literally just be like any other tournament like the WNL, normal teams will form and usually the Native teams dominate in mercs, so there's no point. The cool thing about it being in NW is that the modules are different, you can be an amazing native player but you'll suck in NW and the other way round, which is why you're almost forced to recruit NW players to ensure rounds on that module. It would really make no sense to 'include mercs' when they're included anyways.

Edit: Mercs teams actually have more of a chance in this NW & Native format as Native players wouldn't dominate on the NW side, thus mercs teams could recruit or train NW.

Fietta said:
I mean every tournament that exists on Native accommodates mercs players as the combat is the same, the only difference is armour etc. Any mercs team could happily sign up to this one if they want, it's not like the prize pool is mercs money, so it's worth a shot, if you were to specifically include mercs players it would literally just be like any other tournament like the WNL, normal teams will form and usually the Native teams dominate in mercs, so there's no point. The cool thing about it being in NW is that the modules are different, you can be an amazing native player but you'll suck in NW and the other way round, which is why you're almost forced to recruit NW players to ensure rounds on that module. It would really make no sense to 'include mercs' when they're included anyways.
this

Apollo~ said:
Fietta said:

That will make it far less competitive and will turn it into a pub sprawl. Would be better to enforce native only... Seems like NW isn't even bringing in many 'teams' anyway. I'm sure native teams would be more likely to sign up if it was native only rather than being forced to be NW too. From what I heard the only admin who pushed for it to be NW is Gibby. No native people I have spoken to apart from like 2 have said they are genuinely interested in this tourney and are only signing up for the money.

I don't think this is true at all, from the NW perspective it also appears as we are being 'forced' to play Native as well and I've noticed a lot of NW players saying how annoyed they were the NWFL was postponed because of this 'stupid native tournament'.

Also I would like to clarify don't we have one of the biggest communities in M&B? And over on FSE we have had quite a few signups from NW teams that just haven't posted over here too. Mercs is a pepe laugh when you consider it's pretty much the same combat mechanics at least NW offers something vastly different. I think both sides of native and NW are resenting each side at the moment because native players don't want to play NW and lose horribly and NW players don't want to play native and lose horribly.

So maybe that's the point of this tournament is to make a joint team of NW + Native players and have some fun. Just because you dominate on one module doesn't you mean you will on the other sorry your egos got trashed on when you faced no names with muskets  :lol:

Golden said:

No one on either side wants to play either module. There has been 10 signups (which is native+nw combined) from such a big community impressive. Mercs is not fun, nor is it my idea to combine two modules I would prefer a native only tournament.

NW offers no clear advantages, you either block down or you block up. I admit it is more 'difficult' than I first thought but 'imo' it is not very competitive after around the 6th round I personally got bored it might of been because I am trash (due to being my first or 2nd time playing NW) however, I still was bored.

For me personally I couldn't care less about the £86 pound I will get when FT wins, but if i'm going to play something I want to at least enjoy it. No idea why you are always so personally invested in trying to 'trigger' or 'bait' people. Considering I was 'invited' to a native match you was in and your ego was that big you couldent take that an 'invite' was playing. I left my ego back in 2015, seems like you are 15.

Apollo~ said:
No one on either side wants to play either module. There has been 10 signups (which is native+nw combined) from such a big community impressive. Mercs is not fun, nor is it my idea to combine two modules I would prefer a native only tournament.

NW offers no clear advantages, you either block down or you block up. I admit it is more 'difficult' than I first thought but 'imo' it is not very competitive after around the 6th round I personally got bored it might of been because I am trash (due to being my first or 2nd time playing NW) however, I still was bored.

For me personally I couldn't care less about the £86 pound I will get when FT wins, but if i'm going to play something I want to at least enjoy it. No idea why you are always so personally invested in trying to 'trigger' or 'bait' people. Considering I was 'invited' to a native match you was in and your ego was that big you couldent take that an 'invite' was playing. I left my ego back in 2015, seems like you are 15.

This gets funnier and sillier the more you read it.

Apollo~ said:
Golden said:

Ultra Mr. Defensive over here seems like you can't take even the smallest knock to yourself. Also love your commenting on NW when you said yourself you are a noobie with no idea how to play it. Good luck to FT when they get 15-0 on NW. Managing 10 rounds at the most vs like a tier 3 NW team pepe laugh. This was painful to read.

EDIT: About you inviting if I recall correctly most of that was sarcasm which you might understand but then again I forget  some of you take everything so seriously and that irony and sarcasm goes right over your head. Also it's pretty clear inviting for a NNN team is like the equivalent of smurfing in csgo or dota 2 it's just a bit pathetic to trash on lower tier players and doesn't give noobies a chance to play while you are running around stomping but whatever.

FT will get stomped in NW very likely(Apollo was setting as an example, as he doesn't care about winning the prize but the comp itself), but it's undeniable that NWs have less chances on the superior module as it's more complex and involves many more difficulties in order to rip rounds than rotating like donkeys on a 2 direction 1-hit-kill game.

On the other hand you're all filling your rosters with ppl from the other module in order to do the job for you and actually win and brag around about it as the prize being splitten won't make it impactful for each player(I hope). At least we take the challenge of playing and trying to complete the job in both sides ourselves.

So either way, we lose and you brag around about something you didn't do yourselves or we win while playing both modules ourselves, win-win situation.

Also: Gibby can you just split the tour into Native only and NW only? Would get more sign ups on both sides and we would save ourselves the pain from visiting eachothers pits

Just the simple fact so many people enjoy playing NW with such a large community, and one of your finest Gibby regularly plays over here says enough that NW has something to offer albeit it's not a spectator sport by any means it's super fun once you get into the intricacies of GroupFighting.

Constantly dismissing it because you suck shows a lack of integrity and frankly is sad. Either way we are doing it correctly by joining with native players so we can play together and share our skills rather than not even bothering to befriend anyone from the other module. 

Claiming that it is all about the money and we are going to brag etc seems a little like stupid ignorant assumption pretty sure in my original post I put the word 'fun' and quite strongly mentioned that it would be a bit of fun for native and nw players to try each others module, but I guess that's just too much for some to handle.

Back
Top Bottom