[TWC] €1000+ Cross-Module Tournament Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

:lol:
Roberta_Baratheon said:
I’ve never played NW but won’t those guys be useless compared to top tier native players?
Very unlikely that a nw team wins imo. Native is much more complex than a groupfight. I consider winning 1 groupfight round for a good native team way more doable than winning 1 native round for a nw team. But happy to get proven wrong.

Thats why the team are a mix of players from native and players from NW and that there is a player cap. You can’t have 8 nw and 8 native player in the same team so the team that will win is the team that has players from both mods and not only native players

HKP said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:
I’ve never played NW but won’t those guys be useless compared to top tier native players?
Very unlikely that a nw team wins imo. Native is much more complex than a groupfight. I consider winning 1 groupfight round for a good native team way more doable than winning 1 native round for a nw team. But happy to get proven wrong.
100% agreed. NW requires no map knowledge and in groupfighting, everyone play the same class, infantry. With that being said, even the best native players will heavily struggle being put against the best NW player, when it comes to NW matches.

Gibby is a good exemple of someone who plays both and is good at both yet due to a limited experience on NW, he still isn't quite capable of challenging the best NW players yet. And I believe he is a unique case, just because you are a good native player doesn't mean your mechanic skills will automatically translate into NW.

As Alyss said, the aim of the tournament is to encourage teams to get a mix of both players to stand a chance in BOTH categories though we are not delusional, we perfectly know that many teams will get a strong roster in one category only, hoping to somehow perform well in the other one. We'll see how that turns out for them.

Alyss said:
Thats why the team are a mix of players from native and players from NW and that there is a player cap. You can’t have 8 nw and 8 native player in the same team so the team that will win is the team that has players from both mods and not only native players
you're missing my point
considering there's a good amount of cash on the line I'd be suprised if you see more than 2 stacked teams, since alot of native players are not really into NW perhabs just 1

but anyway will be interesting to see how it plays out

Tardet said:
HKP said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:
100% agreed. NW requires no map knowledge and in groupfighting, everyone play the same class, infantry. With that being said, even the best native players will heavily struggle being put against the best NW player, when it comes to NW matches.

Gibby is a good exemple of someone who plays both and is good at both yet due to a limited experience on NW, he still isn't quite capable of challenging the best NW players yet. And I believe he is a unique case, just because you are a good native player doesn't mean your mechanic skills will automatically translate into NW.

As Alyss said, the aim of the tournament is to encourage teams to get a mix of both players to stand a chance in BOTH categories though we are not delusional, we perfectly know that many teams will get a strong roster in one category only, hoping to somehow perform well in the other one. We'll see how that turns out for them.

trot888 is the best NW fighter

trott888, key player of the mighty Snappers, heavy favorite in this tournament

surprisingly quiet on the FSE forums, but not for long I reckon

HKP said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:

The idea is to incite people to mix, at least in some part. Obviously people are still going to want to play with the players they’re familiar with from their own module, but hopefully native and nw teams see the value in getting players from the other module to make things easier for themselves. So far I’ve seen that this is generally what’s happening, so hopefully teams continue to be smart and make that choice.

Gibby Jr said:
HKP said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:

The idea is to incite people to mix, at least in some part. Obviously people are still going to want to play with the players they’re familiar with from their own module, but hopefully native and nw teams see the value in getting players from the other module to make things easier for themselves. So far I’ve seen that this is generally what’s happening, so hopefully teams continue to be smart and make that choice.

Will be interesting to watch if the teams are actually combined and good native players sign up!

We have 9 Native and 9 NW servers up courtesy of bullez. The servers are called:
"TWC_Native_GER_"
"TWC_NW_GER_"

Currently we don't have a custom 8v8 map on the NW server as we are waiting for it to be made, but once it's done the servers will be updated and able to be used for scrims and training matches. If you want the pass get in contact with me, or if you want the admin you'll need to have posted a signup on here or on FSE.

Gibby Jr said:
We have 9 Native and 9 NW servers up courtesy of bullez. The servers are called:
"TWC_Native_GER_"
"TWC_NW_GER_"

Currently we don't have a custom 8v8 map on the NW server as we are waiting for it to be made, but once it's done the servers will be updated and able to be used for scrims and training matches. If you want the pass get in contact with me, or if you want the admin you'll need to have posted a signup on here or on FSE.

If you need someone to scene a map, let me know, I'd be willing to do it.

Name: Obelix
Nationality: French
Past Native Teams: None
Past NW Teams: Reaper Crew,TBE, CCCP, TZ0,ChimpZ,Plebs,AK47.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060966023/
Preferred Class: Infantry i guess

BANNER:
EhrDvA.png
TEAM NAME: Parayı Almaya Geldik
CAPTAIN: Gameshero - https://steamcommunity.com/id/gameshero/?l=turkish
CO-CAPTAIN: Ryotaink - https://steamcommunity.com/id/ryotaink/
ROSTER:
----------------------------------
• Gameshero1228797664535
• Metehanyus993158-----
• Ryotaink31797781353506